FIFA 14

198 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

I hope I can find some footballers in this forum.
There just was a news that FIFA14 has been showed to journalists a few days ago and will probably reveiled this week.
I hope they finally use a new engine. At least for next gen. Better audience graphics and get rid of the f*ckin momentum.

I finally want a complete new game with realistic graphics and animations. EA did use Frostbite for quite different games already ( racing, RTS and so on). So I hope they use it for Next Gens.

Otter things I want:

- better ball physics
- way slower gameplay less pace orientated (especially UT)
- better behavior of the team and formation/tactical options
- dribbling was already improved in FIFA13 but I want even more complex and precise dribbling
- therefore defenders have to have less radius. In previous games they reactet way too quick and had like 3m range
- realistic turning speed. They shoukdnt be able to turn arojnd and almost loose no speed

Theres some more but these things would be too much in detail:

So what do you guys want in FIFA14 and Next Gen?

the young hooligan
  • the young hooligan

Big Evil

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I've always found the online aspect of FIFA games to be generally sub-par. Whether it be lag or the game freezing, it's very frustrating. Crowd animations could also do with an improvement, as well as the sound. It needs to be louder, with more chants and such.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

I stopped playing Online a while ago although i was under top 2000 in the leaderboards

The momentum did let me rage so often.... i was better in almost every match though my players didnt hit the goal and the opponent did hit the goal from 30m or my players just stop running or defenders start to go for the halfline apparently...
Then it is way too fast paced in MP. U can perform a deadly pass and your player is almost infront of the goal. No tactic or skill needed.....
At the end its more luck than anything else

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

I always been a fifa fan, but the past few years have bored me within a month of buying a new game.

Definitely won't be buying it this time around, unless there's massive improvements to manager mode.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

This is the hook.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

They better use frostbite, imagine how cool FIFA would look!

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

user posted image

@EASPORTSFIFA:
RETWEET if youíre ready for #FIFA14 news tomorrow!

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Looks like FIFA is finally going to use Frostbite. tounge.gif

I really hope they redesign the Career Mode, It's having the same layout for like 3 years now and definitely needs a make over and they should fix up the bugs and glitches that were present in 13.

With this announcement, We might see some tweets on PES as well.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Tuesday, Apr 16 2013, 19:41)
With this announcement, We might see some tweets on PES as well.

There were a bunch for PES 2014 over the last month. It's also going to be using a new engine, the one used for MGS 5, called FOX Engine.

It'll be very very interesting to see FIFA and PES in 2014 on totally new engines this year. Hopefully both will be worth it. icon14.gif

VProductions
  • VProductions

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

I just hope EA dont keep up the micro payments for everything. Coming Soon: Ultimate Team priced at only £20. Damn EA, they are ruining football.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

This is the hook.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

If it uses frostbite I will sh*t myself, it probably won't, but a guy can dream! tounge.gif

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Tuesday, Apr 16 2013, 11:41)
Looks like FIFA is finally going to use Frostbite. tounge.gif

[citation needed]

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:35 AM Edited by iNero, 17 April 2013 - 11:41 AM.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Pure Shot will let FIFA fans feel what it is like to connect with the perfect strike while a brand new ball physics system called Real Ball Physics will ensure the trajectory of the ball behaves as it would in real life. The combination of Pure Shot and Real Ball Physics will open the door for the most rewarding and varied shot selection in the FIFA franchise to date. Pure Shot was developed to enable players to feel the same emotion of scoring great goals in FIFA 14 that your favorite striker does on Saturday mornings. The best goals are a combination of perfect timing, anticipation, and great positioning. Fans will be rewarded for all three in FIFA 14. Players now adjust their approach angle when the shot is started looking for a more suitable angle for hitting the ball. They also understand the phases of shooting and will adjust their stride and pace to hit the ball.

Pure Shot will let FIFA fans feel what it is like to connect with the perfect strike while a brand new ball physics system called Real Ball Physics will ensure the trajectory of the ball behaves as it would in real life. The combination of Pure Shot and Real Ball Physics will open the door for the most rewarding and varied shot selection in the FIFA franchise to date. Pure Shot was developed to enable players to feel the same emotion of scoring great goals in FIFA 14 that your favorite striker does on Saturday mornings. The best goals are a combination of perfect timing, anticipation, and great positioning. Fans will be rewarded for all three in FIFA 14. Players now adjust their approach angle when the shot is started looking for a more suitable angle for hitting the ball. They also understand the phases of shooting and will adjust their stride and pace to hit the ball.

Along with changes to the shooting system, the ball in FIFA 14 acts as it would in real world football, thanks to authentic ball physics based on new formulas which dictate the flight path and trajectory of a shot. Both were overhauled for FIFA 14 to match how the ball moves in space. This opens the door to more shot options. Players will now be able to strike the ball with force from distance, drill low rising shots with accuracy, and blast dipping, or swerving shots. There are also turbulence effects. None of this was ever possible in FIFA 13.

http://www.ea.com/so...al-ball-physics

Protect the ball:

Arguably the best group of players ever assembled in La Liga, FC Barcelona has possessed the ball over an estimated 67 percent during their games this season. Thatís 10 per cent better than second-place, Real Madrid, and a big reason why Barca sits 16 points clear of their rivals with less than two months remaining in the season. The development team at EA Canada has always recognized the intricacies of ball possession. In FIFA 14, franchise fans will dictate the tempo of a match with an all new gameplay feature: Protect the Ball.

An intuitive mechanic, Protect the Ball is expected to enable players to fend off and block opponents from the ball while running at any speed. Now, when a ball carrier is being pulled while advancing, they will be able to counter this by stepping in front of the defender and using their body to shield the ball. With the ball at their feet, players will be able to step into the opposition and hold them off to maintain possession and make a pass.

Protect the Ball also gives players the ability to fight for position prior to receiving the ball. Picture a striker at the top of the box waiting for an incoming ball from a midfielder; he will now be able to win that space, receive the ball with his back to the goal, and then turn defenders to create opportunities.

Controlling play through midfield and staying in possession of the ball will be very important to whether or not players can dictate the tempo of a FIFA 14 match. Protect the Ball. Dominate the midfield. Dictate the tempo.

meh. i cant see the new stuff. knuckleshots and dipshots were possible in FIFA12 and 13 too....

and if the pitch is still to small and gameplay too fast it doesnt matter what new features they bring as u can win with only 2-3 passes

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

not a fan of fifa. every year it just seems like a graphic upgrade and nothing else.. but thats just my opinion.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Graphics looks better and so far it does look okay, But I expected much more, Where the hell is Frostbite? confused.gif

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

16 5 5ô

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

@Master of San Andreas.

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
Frostbite is a game engine developed by EA Digital Illusions CE, creators of the Battlefield series. The engine currently is designed for use on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 platforms and is adapted for a range of video game genres. The engine was first used by DICE to create first-person shooters, but it has been expanded to include various other genres such as racing and real-time strategy and is employed by a number of EA studios. Thus far, the engine is exclusive to Electronic Arts with all titles being published by EA.

So no, it will not be used in FIFA. But only time will tell.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 17:40)
@Master of San Andreas.

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
Frostbite is a game engine developed by EA Digital Illusions CE, creators of the Battlefield series. The engine currently is designed for use on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 platforms and is adapted for a range of video game genres. The engine was first used by DICE to create first-person shooters, but it has been expanded to include various other genres such as racing and real-time strategy and is employed by a number of EA studios. Thus far, the engine is exclusive to Electronic Arts with all titles being published by EA.

It is exclusive to EA. So EA can just take and dump the Frostbite engine here. tounge.gif

Not impressed by the new Features either, Hoping the career mode has some good stuff.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 12:10)
QUOTE (Wikipedia)

Yeah I don't really get why people would want the Frostbite engine to be in '14. FIFA 13 already looks good tbh. Doesn't need more fancy graphics than that and sacrifice the gameplay like SimCity.

The only things the FIFA series need is more gameplay enhancements, features, and better career/manager modes. So far it looks good, and I'm liking that Pure Shot feature. Finally we can control how the ball goes to the net and not just limit it to finesse and power/driven shot

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

it looks the same for years now. FIFA 14 looks exatly like previous games and screens.

too comic like.

using Frostbite would make FIFA next gen finally. Pro Evo already will have a complete new engine...

imo its poor that they use the same stuff again even for next gen

the young hooligan
  • the young hooligan

Big Evil

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Not impressed by those screens to be honest. Looks exactly the same as 13'. Wish EA would focus on things that actually need to be fixed, such as the online, instead of constant gimmicks and the re-wording of things already present in the game.

Jedi.
  • Jedi.

Sex - Breakfast of Champions

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Every type of shot present in that video can be done in FIFA 13. Protect the ball will either be a useless feature that nobody uses or a game breaker where it's nearly impossible to win back possession. Not impressed so far.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Don't think this will come to iOS or Android since EA have shut down their mobile games development company. I guess FIFA 13 was the last mobile FIFA game.

Also don't see the point of this coming to the Vita if they are going to just put the same game on it with different rosters.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

This is the hook.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

I just want them to fix the damn scripting, I hate tieing 6-6 with Zaragoza just because every little deflection goes in or it bounces right to their striker. Or when John Terry outruns Ronaldo. Or the fact that Fernando Torres is still rated in the high 80s.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by Master of San Andreas, 18 April 2013 - 02:55 AM.

QUOTE (Erebos @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 22:24)
I just want them to fix the damn scripting, I hate tieing 6-6 with Zaragoza just because every little deflection goes in or it bounces  right to their striker. Or when John Terry outruns Ronaldo. Or the fact that Fernando Torres is still rated in the high 80s.

Yeah, The ratings aren't realistic at all, Torres should be like 75 for the form he was when they released 13.

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by Lightning Strike, 17 April 2013 - 05:51 PM.

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 15:24)
Don't think this will come to iOS or Android since EA have shut down their mobile games development company. I guess FIFA 13 was the last mobile FIFA game.

Also don't see the point of this coming to the Vita if they are going to just put the same game on it with different rosters.

No they didn't, they only shut down their Brazil mobile offices, you've quite obviously been impetuously skimming through information without bothering to decipher it first.

Anyway, has it been confirmed whether FIFA 2014's actually going to use the Frostbite 2 engine? If so this may be the first FIFA game I've picked up in a long while, it'll be interesting to see where EA's going to go with this game now as we're on the cusp of a new console generation.

Will they really bother marketing it towards the current generation? Especially if it's being built in Frostbite 2, I'd find it difficult to understand how they could undergo such a drastic change and still keep the game running on the current generation of consoles, not to mention whether or not the WII U's actually going to get a slice of the action.

This is going to be a very interesting game indeed.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 23:07)
QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 15:24)

No they didn't, they only shut down their Brazil mobile offices. you've quite obviously been impetuously skimming through information without bothering to decipher it first.

Anyway, has it been confirmed whether FIFA 2014's actually going to use the Frostbite 2 engine? If so this may be the first FIFA game I've picked up in a long while, it'll be interesting to see where EA's going to go with this game now as we're on the cusp of a new console generation.

Will they really bother marketing it towards the current generation? Especially if it's being built in Frostbite 2, I'd find it difficult to understand how they could undergo such a drastic change and still keep the game running on the current generation of consoles, not to mention whether or not the WII U's actually going to get a slice of the action.

This is going to be a very interesting game indeed.

I just saw that some one posted it on the Forums that EA shut down their mobile company, my bad. blush.gif

No It has not been confirmed that It's using Frostbite and judging by those 'less than impressive' screens I would say no.

FIFA 14's release nearly the same time as the PS4, So maybe EA could port it to the PS4 once that releases, FIFA 15 will be next gen only with a a pretty bad port to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.(Like they did with the PS2 and PSP versions with FIFA 12)

Wii U will definitely get a slice of the action but it won't be amazing, EA are only focused on the PS3, 360 and PC versions of the game. That's just my opinion.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

I don't understand what the point of showing screenshots is. We all already know what it's going to look like. It shows us absolutely nothing substantial.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

The main thing they need to do is change the pacing of the game. Pace is just too important in '13 and way way overpowered, and it's been like that with previous games too. It just ruins the online aspect, especially Ultimate Team. All you see is noobs with the likes of Muriel, Welliton, Emenike playing long balls. It's ridiculous. That's not how football is in real life, in real football pace only gets you so much. But in Fifa, it's all that f*cking matters. Players like Remi are basically better than players like Xavi or Inieta in Fifa. It's a joke.

Seriously EA, sort the damn pace out.

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

When nothing goes right, go left.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

As an avid Career Mode, erm...player? manager? Anyway, I feel the improvements over the past couple of years have been good, but minimal.

If they could just add a couple things that keep it excitingand fresh for each season.

And Champions League. I know PES has had the rights or something of that nature, dunno how long that lasts, but the ECL would be beautiful.

@GTA_Stu: Too true, regarding those speedsters. I find it easier to contain Messi than Emenike. It just isn't on.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

This is the hook.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yeah they need to sort out the speed, it's a bitch playing against CSKA Moskva in Career Mode because Doumbia has 99 Speed and Acceleration by the 2nd Season. confused.gif

Njale
  • Njale

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'm more excited to see what PES 2014 will look like with the new Fox engine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users