Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who else is tired of both political parties?

36 replies to this topic
I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Most Americans do have a center view on things. Both parties are too extreme on the spectrum, and it gets even more extreme everyday. It's dividing the country, we need a multiparty system. I was also a Republican, but my views don't fit them anymore. I'm socially moderate and fiscally conservative. I'm most likely going to start supporting both the Libertarians and Republicans, and there are still Republicans with my viewpoints.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 06:48)
QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 00:14)
What a silly name to name your child lol

it could always be worse...
imagine if you were stuck with the name Reince f*ckin' Priebus.

Think that's bad? We have the honourable Councillor for Derby, Mr. Baggy Shanker.

What a guy.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:54 PM Edited by Adler, 08 April 2013 - 05:01 PM.

QUOTE (Melchior @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 00:19)
QUOTE (Adler @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 06:11)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 11:14)
QUOTE (twinkiller @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 05:10)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 19:07)
With all the issues in the world, why is pork so offensive?

By pork I mean wasteful govt spending and all these other things that these politicians put into these bills that have nothing to do with what they are trying to pass.

I don't think you understand what pork is. It isn't "spending for its own sake" it's when the federal government sponsors a local project. Nothing wrong with it, and either way it's hardly a contentious issue.

It's usually used in a derogatory context to mean wasteful or unnecessary spending. Just take a look at some of these. It's like misappropriation minus any negative impact. Pork is usually benign, but wasteful.

I know what pork is, but research funding isn't pork. Pork is when the federal government funds local projects.

Also I see nothing wrong with any of that research funding.

Yeah there's nothing wrong about pointless research that should make any alarms flash in your head, but I'd rather the funding be allocated to more useful research. Opportunity cost and all.

One of the entries in that Wiki article I found pretty amusing though:

National Institute for Mental Health for spending $97,000 to study, among other things, what went on in a Peruvian brothel; the researchers said they made repeated visits in the interests of accuracy.

Yesss "accuracy." Well played. sigh.gif

I realize what you mean now, but I usually pair pork with other wasteful spending. My mistake. I still find that pork usually refers to wasteful local projects all the same, which might in fact be less useful than pointless research. Isn't it a little strange to find federal taxpayer money be allocated to local interests?

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

*Raises hand* me!

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

Behold, a trend I wholeheartedly detest: The Democrats present an argument (with validity & invalidity) and the Republicans present an argument (with validity & invalidity), they "disagree", threaten the people with woes then suddenly, they reach a "compromise" which favors the flaws from both parties.

Both parties are comparable to heads or tails; either way, it's the same coin.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:35 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 09 May 2013 - 07:38 AM.

I'm not an American but I am tired of your dumb politics being run by corporations. Your politicians are ruining everything for everybody for some short term profit.

Your politicians completely lack any long term strategy and critical thinking skills. A bunch of morons are running your country.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 19:19)
Also I see nothing wrong with any of that research funding.

Me neither actually.

-$1.8 million on a study to find out why pigs smell. Really?

-$219,000 to teach college students how to watch TV.

-$1 million to study potatoes

- Pigs were studied for their odour because many people have issues with the smell making farming of pigs and owning them an issue, some farms were probably closed/had to fight legal battles because of bad smell bothering nearby people.
The study on the smell is so that they can find a way to neutralize it so it isn't so bothersome and livestock farms can be near housing.

-I'd like to see a source for that.

- Now saying that studying potatoes is a waste is pretty silly I think, especially when you provide no context. Perhaps a chemical in potatoes can be used to treat cancer, or cure paraplegics or something like that, these are obviously just examples, But I could think of several dozen possible reasons to study potatoes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users