» «
Photo

Modifying SA cars to support 2 carcols.

No replies to this topic
Walleye
  • Walleye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by Walleye, 08 April 2013 - 03:36 PM.

Hello!

I'm new here and I've been trying to wrap my brains around a problem I have encountered when trying to make a seemingly basic modification. The problem stems from me having no idea what I'm doing with 3DSMax, or with making mods in general. I can do the occasional texture edits, but actually building something is confusing to me.

I play a lot of San Andreas Multiplayer. On the roleplay server I play on, I wish to start a taxi company. Taxi's aren't available on this server, so I wish to use the base car - the Premier. This is all fine and dandy, I can do that without problem. However, I want to make it look more like a taxi. To do this, I wish to edit the original .dff file for the Premier, but change the materials so that the bumpers can be painted in a secondary color while the rest of the car is painted in the primary color. For example, I'd like to paint the entire car yellow, but have white/gray bumpers.

I have used KAM's Script to import the Premier.dff into 3DSMax, I have selected all of the bumper models (dummy, ok and dam) and I have set their GTA Materials to Secondary color. In the 3DSMax window, they know show up as the pink/purple color while the rest of the body is green. I then use the DFF I/O window to assign the COL from Premier.dff and then export the car. It all appears to work. However, when I replace the original Premier.dff with my new modified one and then try and spawn a Premier in SAMP Debug, it just freezes.

Can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong, or how I can do this so it doesn't go wrong?

EDIT: I am using Autodesk 3DSMax Design 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users