Photo

GTA V and Black Friday

24 replies to this topic
idair1
  • idair1

I like pens.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

So I've been really hurting for money, and it doesn't seem like it's gonna get better for me anytime soon. However I really want to get GTA V. Now, since it's coming out in the fall, waiting untill Black Friday isn't that bad. I mean we already went through one big delay... Anyway, do you guys think GTA V will be available during Black Friday at lower price, or as some kind of other deal; or should I just pre order it and get it as it releases?

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

you should TOTALLY wait until it's 9.99 $

idair1
  • idair1

I like pens.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:06)
you should TOTALLY wait until it's 9.99 $

Pft, yeah like five years after it's released >:/

IronZombie
  • IronZombie

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

I remember Assassin's Creed 3 was like 35$ on Black Friday, less than a month after it was released. On the other hand, this is one of the biggest games of the year, so I doubt it'll go down in price that drastically.

I'd say if you're really hurting for money that bad that you can't afford a 60$ game, you should just wait until the holidays for some promotions and stuff.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hey dude, I would do like I'm doing go to Walmart and get a 5 dollar reserve card for the game that way it won't be sold out when it releases. Work for other people or just save any money you get and get just enough to buy it (like $60 dollars) and keep it put up somewhere. When GTA V releases and Walmart is a f*cking madhouse, go up and get your reserved copy. I have 60 dollars in my wallet and I promised myself not to spend it at all. haha

idair1
  • idair1

I like pens.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (IronZombie @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:12)
I remember Assassin's Creed 3 was like 35$ on Black Friday, less than a month after it was released. On the other hand, this is one of the biggest games of the year, so I doubt it'll go down in price that drastically.

I'd say if you're really hurting for money that bad that you can't afford a 60$ game, you should just wait until the holidays for some promotions and stuff.

Yeah, I think I'll do that :3

idair1
  • idair1

I like pens.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:14)
Hey dude, I would do like I'm doing go to Walmart and get a 5 dollar reserve card for the game that way it won't be sold out when it releases. Work for other people or just save any money you get and get just enough to buy it (like $60 dollars) and keep it put up somewhere. When GTA V releases and Walmart is a f*cking madhouse, go up and get your reserved copy. I have 60 dollars in my wallet and I promised myself not to spend it at all. haha

x) I'd totally do that... but I hate shopping at Wal Mart during Black Friday .-. I mean I know all the madness is to be expected... but Wal Mart is always the worst one for some reason.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (idair1 @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:22)
QUOTE (IronZombie @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:12)

Yeah, I think I'll do that :3

Do you not have any little jobs you can do for people? Cut grass, clean their car, stuff like that? I help my granny with her chicken houses when I need money, and it pays pretty good.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

dude....just don't WASTE money for the next 5 months and you should be able to buy the game + the R* season pass and all that noise.

Best way to save money = Don't east fastfood sh*t, don't buy alcohol, don't buy cigarettes. Your organs will thank you + your wallet will be swollen

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

Honestly, if you can find a decent part time job, your sorted. I know you are in a tough position, so its best to wait in this scenario. Otherwise just try and look for a part time job if you can smile.gif If not, what can you do then, right? smile.gif

kb24sd
  • kb24sd

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:02 AM Edited by kb24sd, 07 April 2013 - 12:14 AM.

I really don't get how people like OP say they are hurting for money.

But still have the means & ability to pay to have a monthly internet connection or cell phone bill where they can also post on the internet from a smart phone.

Heck there is still 5 months and you can't mange to save up $65 for the game after your local state tax or $100+ if you decided to get the special edition version of the game.

Even if a person is unemployed or on welfare if they really wanted the game on release date they would find a way to save up $65 for the game with 5 months to go before the game is out.

Heck even pre ordering the game at a major retailer like Gamestop or Best Buy you could put the minimum $5 deposit and slowly pay it off within 5 months leading up to the release date or by that time have enough saved up to pay the game in full.

If you are un employed get a job part time, temp or anything minimum wage.

If you can't work for some reason. Collect & recycle soda cans, water bottles, and recycle them for money.

Donate some blood to your local blood bank for money.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

I already have my money for GTA V put away. I remember when Red Dead Redemption was coming out and I didn't have any money. I had to kill people, smuggle people, sell people... Perhaps this time, things will be different.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

Some friendly advice: if you can't afford GTA V, you need to be spending less time on GTAF worrying about how you're going to afford the game and start looking for a job like NOW.

There are other great suggestions above, but money should be your priority now, not entertainment.

Also, have you considered trading in your old games?

The Jard Man
  • The Jard Man

Do Wun

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

I'll lend you some dollarz

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

If thou' ist wanting some, thou' shall receive.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 00:20)
I already have my money for GTA V put away. I remember when Red Dead Redemption was coming out and I didn't have any money. I had to kill people, smuggle people, sell people... Perhaps this time, things will be different.

Hahaha, I actually laughed.

Emergency_Room
  • Emergency_Room

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

Go to Gamestop and put a $5 deposit on it and then pay it off a little at a time. You will be surprised as to how easy it is on you financially when you do this. With bills and what not I know I probably will not have an extra $65 when the game launches however I can get an extra few dollars here and there. Last month I put a $20 deposit on it. Next week I am going to put $20 more on it and then in May pay the rest off. After that I may do the same thing to Watch Dogs.

GTA5isntAMYTH
  • GTA5isntAMYTH

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

preordered. and oh yeah i have it paid off and ready

TheTruth21
  • TheTruth21

Hot Air Balloon Fighter Pilot

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

Man you dont know how to hustle er somethin u dont deserve this game sell your blood or your semen one time and you got enough money, if u 12 or something mow some f*ckin lawns. You got 5 months if you cant save 60 bucks you are a really useless human lol

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (idair1 @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:00)
So I've been really hurting for money, and it doesn't seem like it's gonna get better for me anytime soon. However I really want to get GTA V. Now, since it's coming out in the fall, waiting untill Black Friday isn't that bad. I mean we already went through one big delay... Anyway, do you guys think GTA V will be available during Black Friday at lower price, or as some kind of other deal; or should I just pre order it and get it as it releases?

I think you thinking about the wrong thing.
instead of waiting for the price to drop, why don't
u get on ur hustle right now to get some money.

IMO....suckas wait for when the price drops instead of
hustling to get some money.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (walkingsickness @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 02:42)
IMO....suckas wait for when the price drops instead of
hustling to get some money.

Wisdom. icon14.gif

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

Save 3 dollars a week and you'll have enough on release day.

Jackmackg
  • Jackmackg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (NONative @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:33)

litecoin mining it is. hehe

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (Jackmackg @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 05:47)
QUOTE (NONative @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:33)

litecoin mining it is. hehe

Lol yep.

One less soda and chip a week would help in two ways.

kb8618
  • kb8618

"I'll swing by and sign the contracts, alright? Just ig

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:05 AM Edited by kb8618, 07 April 2013 - 06:18 AM.

Since you will be 27 by the time this game comes out and you probably work at least part time all i can suggest is to either sell some games you won't play again, or put away $12 a month. Or do what others have said and sell blood or Sperm so you can get it on release day. Two months is a long time to wait to potentially save $5-20. Also stores usually have a 30 day price guarantee (probably wont cover Black Friday prices.) I just got 10 bucks back from buying SimCity at BestBuy and i got Mass Effect 3 for free cuz EA screwed up.

idair1
  • idair1

I like pens.

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

x3 oh my. Just to clarify, I do have a job. However I am also having to pay off my student loans, house, and car. Usually I have an excellent amount of extra money to spend. I had an accident and have to pay for my mate's and my own medical bills due to us not having insurance. I can get the money, however I wanna know if I might get a better value if I wait until Black Friday sales.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users