Photo

GTA 3 Era Games on PS3

28 replies to this topic
UncleD
  • UncleD

Don't worry guys, soon the wait will be all Ogre

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

So I was thinking of getting the entire GTA 3 series now that they're out on PS3. I have them all on PS2 but its much more conveniant using them on the slim PS3.

I have a few questions though.

Can I use the standard control settings from GTA 4.
Are the loading times better?
Are the grahpics improved on a hd tv?

Thanks.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (UncleD @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 22:05)
1. Can I use the standard control settings from GTA 4.
2. Are the loading times better?
3. Are the graphics improved on a hd tv?

1. No
2. No
3. You can adjust PS3 options to make it look better but it isn't that different

Hope I helped icon14.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

I was wondering the same. Once I get more money, I'll probably get GTA III on PS3.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

It would be interesting to know how the PS3 version of GTA III looks like. Does it look like the Xbox version of the game or like the PS2 and the PC version?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 22:20)
It would be interesting to know how the PS3 version of GTA III looks like. Does it look like the Xbox version of the game or like the PS2 and the PC version?

Exactly the same as the ps2 version.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 00:23)

I'm wondering why though. The PS3 would be definitely capable of the improved graphics of the Xbox version so it's odd that Rockstar did release the inferior version for the PS3.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 22:40)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 00:23)

I'm wondering why though. The PS3 would be definitely capable of the improved graphics of the Xbox version so it's odd that Rockstar did release the inferior version for the PS3.

I know, I wonder the same thing. I suppose they wanted it to be exactly same as the PS2 version becaue it is the same console group. Biggest annoyance is the saving and loading times though. If the PC and Android/iOS versions can save in under a second, why cant this version

UncleD
  • UncleD

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

I can understand them wanting the game to look the game to look the same. But loading should be faster and standard/modern controls should be optionl.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (UncleD @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 00:47)
I can understand them wanting the game to look the game to look the same. But loading should be faster and standard/modern controls should be optionl.

This.

The graphics look the same, because the games are classics and they want to keep them the same. The III-era games were moved to PS3/360, so people that don't have older consoles will have the ability to play older GTA's, while having the same benefits.

There definetly should have been a choice to choose standard/modern controls, though.

CJs Sphincter
  • CJs Sphincter

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Just get a PS2 and the physical copies as it's cheaper.

UncleD
  • UncleD

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (CJs Sphincter @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 09:23)

Read the OP. Its far more conveniant using the PS3.
I even mentioned already I have a PS2 and all the games already.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (UncleD @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 15:31)

You should of got a PS3 when they first came out as the first model plays PS2 games. I have one and it is a lot more convenient than buying them again. The issue I have is that the PS3 died in the summer and since repaire but it's on its last legs.... So many memories cryani.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 17:00)

You should of got a PS3 when they first came out as the first model plays PS2 games. I have one and it is a lot more convenient than buying them again. The issue I have is that the PS3 died in the summer and since repaire but it's on its last legs.... So many memories cryani.gif

I had the first model PS3, but it got the Yellow Light of Death. Now, I have the latest PS3, that slides open on top.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 17:05)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 17:00)

I had the first model PS3, but it got the Yellow Light of Death. Now, I have the latest PS3, that slides open on top.

Thats what happened to mine, it got the yellow light of death in July this year and I got it repaired but I don't use it much because I reckon it will break again. I had it 4 and a half years when it broke cryani.gif Sad Times.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Mine caught the YLOD at the end of August 2012. It was the week before school started. Atleast it lasted all that summer. The motherboard burnt up, and I was told that it couldn't be repaired. I'm glad to have the newest PS3 now, though. They have no problems, unlike the first model PS3. It'd be better if it was backwards compatible, but ah well. I still love it.

Since I own GTA III for Xbox, I'm going to get a copy for PS2. I found a copy for $5.00. I prefer Playstation's controls over Xbox's. Is there a difference between the Xbox and PS2 versions of GTA III?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Mine blew up the First Week of Summer and I was devastated. It overheated but could be repaired. I never faced any problems with the console before though.
The XBOX version has better graphics whereas the PS2 version didn't have many detailed objects.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

I like the XBOX version, but I don't like XBOX's controls. I prefer Playstation's controls.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

^^Me too, only cause I'm used to it more. In terms of the PS2 version, no different to XBOX in terms of gameplay. It is only the graphics that change

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

I started playing with Playsation 2, so I'm way more used to Playstation's controls. I can't really get used to XBOX's controller. I feel much more comfortable with a Playstation controller. I need to get a new XBOX controller, anyways. My current one got syrup on it >_>, and the X button is kinda stuck. It still works, but it's sticky inside, so you have to push down hard.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 18:05)
I started playing with Playsation 2, so I'm way more used to Playstation's controls. I can't really get used to XBOX's controller. I feel much more comfortable with a Playstation controller. I need to get a new XBOX controller, anyways. My current one got syrup on it >_>, and the X button is kinda stuck. It still works, but it's sticky inside, so you have to push down hard.

Well, sounds unfortunate. My PS3 controllers both have issues with the left analogue stick. It doesn't go back to the centre when released but slighty above. The problem is, the PS3 treats it as a command and if im on a menu (Especially Burnout) It will just keep scrolling up!
I've always used Playstation Controllers for games except for a few rare cases.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 18:13)
Well, sounds unfortunate. My PS3 controllers both have issues with the left analogue stick. It doesn't go back to the centre when released but slighty above. The problem is, the PS3 treats it as a command and if im on a menu (Especially Burnout) It will just keep scrolling up!

I don't mind XBOX's controller for a game like Burnout or Call of Duty, but I still prefer Playstation's controls. I've got about 4 or 5 PS2 controllers, 2 PS3 controllers, and 1 XBOX controller.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 18:17)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 18:13)

I don't mind XBOX's controller for a game like Burnout or Call of Duty, but I still prefer Playstation's controls. I've got about 4 or 5 PS2 controllers, 2 PS3 controllers, and 1 XBOX controller.

Well I've always had Playstations smile.gif and even on the PC I use my PS2 Controller. There was a time (2010-2012) when I had an Xbox 360 but I got rid of it cause I rarely used it as I was a big PS3 Gamer back then. When I had the 360 I immediately got used to the controller and it isnt hard to use.
Let me think of what I have
PS2 Controllers: 5/6 - Mainly because I had 3-4 PS2's as they all broke whatsthat.gif other than one (the one I still have now).
PS3 Controllers: 3 - Two from my original PS3 and One from my current.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I used to have a Xbox 360, too, but I sold mine as well. I've been through a few PS2's. My first one broke, so I threw it away, second one blew up during a thunderstorm, third one wouldn't work, and my fourth one is the one that I have now.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 18:35)
second one blew up during a thunderstorm

HAHAHAHAHA I dont know why but I find things like that funny.
I can't remember what happened to my PS2's

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 18:38)

See, what happened was, a lightning strike came down and hit the power station right beside my house. My dumbass was playing my PS2 at the time. 3 TV's and my PS2 got blown up. 2 of those TV's were HD TV's (can't remember exact size, but I believe one was a 32", and other one was bigger than that).

Anyways, let's not get off-topic. No need to talk about controllers/consoles in a "GTA 3 Era Games on PS3" thread. tounge.gif

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 18:52)

See, what happened was, a lightning strike came down and hit the power station right beside my house. My dumbass was playing my PS2 at the time. 3 TV's and my PS2 got blown up. 2 of those TV's were HD TV's (can't remember exact size, but I believe one was a 32", and other one was bigger than that).

Anyways, let's not get off-topic. No need to talk about controllers/consoles in a "GTA 3 Era Games on PS3" thread. tounge.gif

Agreed smile.gif

In Short, Getting the games on PS3 is pointless if you already have a PS2 copy. The controls are not customisable, loading times are exactly the same and the graphics have barely improved. However it is your decision as to what you do with the money you own. I got the games even though I have the PS2 copies and rarely play them on the PS3

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by redx165, 07 April 2013 - 07:37 PM.

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 19:05)

Agreed smile.gif

In Short, Getting the games on PS3 is pointless if you already have a PS2 copy. The controls are not customisable, loading times are exactly the same and the graphics have barely improved. However it is your decision as to what you do with the money you own. I got the games even though I have the PS2 copies and rarely play them on the PS3

I got them on PS3 cause I don't have to play PS2 again. It gives me a reason to spend some of my money on PSN. I rather spend it then have it sit there for a long time. But one of the reasons why I got it was that my gta's on ps2 doesn't always load right. Sometimes a mission won't load.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 19:28)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 19:05)

Agreed smile.gif

I got them on PS3 cause I don't have to play PS2 again. It gives me a reason to spend some of my money on PSN. I rather spend it then have it sit there for a long time. But one of the reasons why I got it was that my gta's on ps2 doesn't always load right. Sometimes a mission won't load.

Yeah, well like I said its up to you whether you end up buying them and some people like me and you buy them even if we have copies on PS2

cholesterol
  • cholesterol

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

The III and VC aren't available on Xbox Live. So, I got a refurbished ps2 fat from Gamestop and picked up the ps2 trilogy collection at Walmart. I really have no idea why only SA is available on Live.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users