Photo

Car-Function-Wheel

169 replies to this topic
TheCrewGeneral
  • TheCrewGeneral

P★C★G★A★M★E★R

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

What if the feature for tying people up was back from Red Dead Redemption? Tie them up but instead of putting them on a horse you could throw them in your trunk!

leeoggy
  • leeoggy

Things are gonna get really messy!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

what is this obsession with indicator signals?

waste of time

The rest yes

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (TheCrewGeneral @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 22:59)
What if the feature for tying people up was back from Red Dead Redemption? Tie them up but instead of putting them on a horse you could throw them in your trunk!

Or you could tie them to the roof, and speed off happy.gif

ItsClipZz
  • ItsClipZz

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

i like the idea, but blinkers should be Automatic, waist of room on the wheel, and i dont think 90% of the people could be assed doing that

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (TheCrewGeneral @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 00:59)

Was mentioned several times.
The Bounty hunting was one of the things you could use it for

gTaOXIC
  • gTaOXIC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

Great idea with that function wheel. I've always thought that R* could have implemented something like that at least using the atachable keyboards for the Xbox and PS controllers.

user posted image

user posted image

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (gTaOXIC @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 22:25)
Great idea with that function wheel. I've always thought that R* could have implemented something like that at least using the atachable keyboards for the Xbox and PS controllers.

user posted image

user posted image

way too few people who have one I guess.

But with the voice controll with Kinect and probably PS eye, the Next gen Version could connect those actions with voice commands or gestures

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

i like the idea, but blinkers should be Automatic, waist of room on the wheel, and i dont think 90% of the people could be assed doing that

blinkers atuo or manual would be a design choice. I would rather like to switch them on myself.

what we know so far ist that you can again turn off and on the engine ( probably improved from IV), lock the car, turn lights off (iirc)

if they dont include this in V Ill bring up this thread for the next 5 years for GTA6 :D

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Bump because of the IGN Q&A.

They said right on the d-pad for the headlights and engine and stuff, I doubt the game guesses your intention for holding that button, so I'm guessing it'll bring up a wheel, like the radio stations, character and weapon selection wheels.

cmichaelson
  • cmichaelson

Respect

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Why would you have turn signals? I bet most of you will be speeding through the map not stopping for anything so really it would be pointless.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by iNero, 09 September 2013 - 04:47 PM.

Why would you have turn signals? I bet most of you will be speeding through the map not stopping for anything so really it would be pointless.

read the thread before starting the same discussion for the 100th time

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Bump because of the IGN Q&A.

They said right on the d-pad for the headlights and engine and stuff, I doubt the game guesses your intention for holding that button, so I'm guessing it'll bring up a wheel, like the radio stations, character and weapon selection wheels.

give me a cookie when its in  :lol:

jradprong
  • jradprong

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:25 PM Edited by jradprong, 09 September 2013 - 05:36 PM.

In GTA4 you were able to switch on foglights by holding X Button on the Xbox-Controller. By holding Y Button u did turn off engine when exit a vehi
As we saw in the Trailer it seems like there will be Convertables an that we are able to use them.

My idea would be a function wheel in the car. Similar to the weapon wheel on foot just smaller scale and transparent to not obstruct the driver's view.You open the wheel by holding RB or X Button and then u choose the function you want to use with the right stick. Just as you choose a weapon from the weapon wheel.Every feature has a little symbol in the wheel like a fragg has a grenade icon in the weapon wheel.

Possible options would be already existing features like the foglight. Others could be wipers, open and close trunk, probably blinkers, and the convertable feature.

these could vary for different car types like trucks ( add and uncouple trailers like in San Andreas) or Service Cars like the Trashmaster (use the press).

Thats just an idea and pretty sure wont be in the game but i think it would be a nice addition.

Most features are useless but GTA is known for such useless stuff. these things can make the differences between an great game to an amazing game imo.

Edit:
Thanks to squishybubs who made these screens for this thread. Features and symbols on this Screen are just examples to show what I mean.

dqYNV5h.jpg
GsFsGh1.jpg

good thinking bro

arama
  • arama

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

no, no just no. that would be the worst thing since justin beiber

INEEDVNOW
  • INEEDVNOW

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Great idea!

FruitLoop
  • FruitLoop

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

If any of you have ever played GTA SA:MP then you'd know what I'm talking about, but in RP servers they have things like this. There's a lot of things in GTA V/O that seem to have been from GTA SA:MP. Check it out on YouTube or something if you don't know what I'm talking about. 

I know R* is aware of the SA:MP servers and such so I wouldn't be surprised.

cuoreviola89
  • cuoreviola89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm sure it's in!

1. There will be a circle for radio station this time --->  not left/right D-Pad anymore?

2. Right D-Pad for headlights, open roof, engine.. all this functions in 1 button? mmm

So, maybe in this game holding down on the dpad will open the radio circle, they you select by moving around with the right stick, then releasing the dpad button

Same for car functions, but with right dpad.

Same for weapons, with left dpad.

top button..don't know.

It'd be easy, fast, and full of possibilities!

FranklinsHomieLamar
  • FranklinsHomieLamar

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

First good thread since over a year

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

First good thread since over a year

well, its half a year old though  :^:

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

any possibility that they will even add such features in the future?

I guess after a PC release, it could be moded. 

Im still dissaspointed of the lack of such little features in V.

(no sneak bump)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users