Photo

Car-Function-Wheel

169 replies to this topic
justin428
  • justin428

Costanza!!

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 19:42)
In GTA4 you were able to switch on foglights by holding X Button on the Xbox-Controller. By holding Y Button u did turn off engine when exit a vehicle.

Wait... what??? Highbeams. That's all I knew you could do.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (artie @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 20:46)
Not really sure it would be worth the programming time and however much, or little, disk space to have the ability to turn on the wind shield wipers or turn signals. Convertible roof would be kind of a cool extra feature, but there is a point when the stuff is just too pointless to include.

What, in GT A? smile.gif

The game should be about the cars first...

mattfab
  • mattfab

Pro

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

this got me thinking, will there be hydraulics on certain cars, if so, how will they be used, maybe with the wheel? good idea btw

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (dee8ball @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 22:24)
You got this idea from my thread didn't you iNero.
user posted image

(The thread i'm talking about: http://www.gtaforums...pic=574981&st=0 page 2 by the way)

sorry me too stupid to learn how to resize images

Did you even bother watching the date I made this topic?

Your thread is from August. Mine is from April while I had this idea already.back in 2012

XxxWestSideXxx
  • XxxWestSideXxx

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:21 AM

This might be in the game tho, in police cars how would the LED lights work?

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:44 AM

Purely awesome idea.

Rockstar, get on it! biggrin.gif

dee8ball
  • dee8ball

*clap... *clap... *clap...

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 02:11)
QUOTE (dee8ball @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 22:24)
You got this idea from my thread didn't you iNero.
user posted image

(The thread i'm talking about: http://www.gtaforums...pic=574981&st=0 page 2 by the way)

sorry me too stupid to learn how to resize images

Did you even bother watching the date I made this topic?

Your thread is from August. Mine is from April while I had this idea already.back in 2012

Well i am a completely retarded asshole who deserves to be buried alive in pure fecal matter. bored.gif

In other words i'm sorry.

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

very good idea

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

Yes!
With car ownership this would make much more sense and would work so well!
Like, anyone can steal and hotwire a car.
But maybe, only the owner can turn off the engine, open the car hood or trunk or stuff.
And since they already confirmed radio stations will be displayed as a wheel.
Maybe there IS a car function wheel.
Like SR4, you chose your weapons with a wheel and can change radio stations in there too.

Hydroboy
  • Hydroboy

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

Great idea cookie.gif icon14.gif

sddales
  • sddales

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (IDredMan @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 13:04)
Yes!
But maybe, only the owner can turn off the engine, open the car hood or trunk or stuff.
Like SR4, you chose your weapons with a wheel and can change radio stations in there too.

Actually basing all the stuff around a wheel system makes a lot of sense. It's a consistent way to have a lot of features without taking up a lot of buttons and coding a a lot of context sensitive stuff. Plus a unified way of accomplishing things really smooths things over as far as controls go.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (sddales @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 17:47)
QUOTE (IDredMan @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 13:04)
Yes!

Actually basing all the stuff around a wheel system makes a lot of sense. It's a consistent way to have a lot of features without taking up a lot of buttons and coding a a lot of context sensitive stuff. Plus a unified way of accomplishing things really smooths things over as far as controls go.

And as someone already sad, the turn signals are actually in. but only for NPC. Convertable too as we saw in the trailer. question is, can we use it?

Calmillerr
  • Calmillerr

Mister

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

Good idea, but think it's too much effort having to bring up a menu every time I want to put my blinkers on..

‹bermacht
  • ‹bermacht

It means Superior

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

I can see a use for turn signals- When you're cruising with a friend online, you can signal to warn them when you're about to turn. I like the idea, and how hard can it be to program this? It's not like its going to add 1gb to the game.

Troublesome86
  • Troublesome86

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'd be happy if each car had 1 function that can be used, seeing that IV had 2 separate buttons for the handbrake (R1 + X)
R1 could be used for the handbrake and X for the special function the same way it is implemented in the Trashmaster in IV, ie:
Convertibles - open/close roof
Off-roaders - draw winch
Saloons - open/close trunk
Forklifts - lift/drop forks

BayKonStrip
  • BayKonStrip

Master of Mowdown

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

turn signals are pointless...how often would u actually use them? using them online while cruising with friends is also pointless...thats why they make headsets. an in-car wheel would be great for radio stations, weapon selection, convertible tops, maybe windows even tho i think thats also kinda pointless...windshield wipers should be automatic when it rains, but blinkers shouldnt be automated because that just reminds me of the first Driver game...even when running from cops at 100mph when u turn the blinker comes on lol....im pretty sure hydraulics would function much the same way they did in SA with the analog stick...same with police light bars as they've functioned in every GTA game. A manual trans option would be neat on some cars but i dont see that happening. hmm, maybe LS Customs will give us the option of adding airbags to cars instead of hydraulics wink.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (E28 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 19:09)
I can see a use for turn signals- When you're cruising with a friend online, you can signal to warn them when you're about to turn. I like the idea, and how hard can it be to program this? It's not like its going to add 1gb to the game.

not that hard as its already in the game. NPCs can use it. shouldnt be that hard to write a code so that the user can activate it

and thats actually a cool idea when driving around in a group. like when there are two groups which follow each other or searching something. turn on signal to let them know that you are going left or right.

with 16 players you cant have all in one party chat at once and you dont really understand anything when they are all in ingame chat. so that some way of communication

Aeleys
  • Aeleys

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

Great idea, especially the simulated screens and wheel.

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Of course everyone wants a pointless feature with blinkers sand turning signals but then simultaneously refute putting in traffic laws.

The best solution is to just add auto blinkers that automatically blink when you set a GPS point on the map. No need for a wheel with 8 different features that are all pointless. It's too gimmicky for Rockstar.

Not to be rude, I like the picture in the OP, but I'm not big on this idea.

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 19:42)
In GTA4 you were able to switch on foglights by holding X Button on the Xbox-Controller. By holding Y Button u did turn off engine when exit a vehicle.
As we saw in the Trailer it seems like there will be Convertables an that we are able to use them.

My idea would be a function wheel in the car. Similar to the weapon wheel on foot just smaller scale and transparent to not  obstruct the driver's view.You open the wheel by holding RB or X Button and then u choose the function you want to use with the right stick. Just as you choose a weapon from the weapon wheel.Every feature has a little symbol in the wheel like a fragg has a grenade icon in the weapon wheel.

Possible options would be already existing features like the foglight. Others could be wipers, open and close trunk, probably blinkers, and the convertable feature.

these could vary for different car types like trucks ( add and uncouple trailers like in San Andreas) or Service Cars like the Trashmaster  (use the press).

Thats just an idea and pretty sure wont be in the game but i think it would be a nice addition.

Most features are useless but GTA is known for such useless stuff. these things can make the differences between an great game to an amazing game imo.

Edit: 
Thanks to squishybubs who made these screens for this thread.  Features and symbols on this Screen are just examples to show what I mean.

user posted image

So now i can put people in my trunk.

Persia-Gangsta
  • Persia-Gangsta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Very Nice Idea icon14.gif

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

i never understood this high beam feature anyway, it was super useless! but this wheel: great!

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

I hope R* added this in time

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (iddqdvie @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 19:57)
i never understood this high beam feature anyway, it was super useless! but this wheel: great!

Just for the fun I guess.
I really hope we can turn off engine while in car. We can turn it off in IV by holding Y button. But then you did exit the car too.
That would also switch the lights. Would be so awesome to spot enemies before attacking them.
Like a stealth feature for the car at night. Lol

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

killing the lights and getting in the trunk would be awesome

sddales
  • sddales

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (nekkidhillbilly @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 21:43)
killing the lights and getting in the trunk would be awesome

'Hiding in the trunk' did not work out in Jackie Brown

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

not hiding just being able to carry clothes or more ammo in the trunk would be a nice feature

iDope
  • iDope

C++ Programmer

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

I like some of the ideas like: popping the trunks, hoods, locking/unlocking doors.

I can explain why these would be a great idea.

Popping hood:
The reason why this could be a good idea is because as in the video for GTA:O they said "maybe just drive around and show off", well every man (and women) love to show their engine off. So I could see this as a plus also, another reason could be to mess with a rival crew during a mission and sabotage their vehicle so they couldn't get away.

Popping trunks:
Like OP said to store body's and other goods, or maybe set a bomb up in their while doing deals with other players so that if someone were to take the car you just press a button and boom their done.

Lock/Unlocking car doors:
This can be a useful tool to keep you car safe and make it harder to get into, especially if you have that bullet proof glass so people can't break in.

Just my opinions.

Thanks,
iDope

TechNoir87
  • TechNoir87

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

I like this idea, I've always wanted to pop open the trunk in the game.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hmm, I think *probes* to attach to your temples to read brain wave patterns would be best. It'll give the L/R signal, lock/unlock, open/close etc all according to your thoughts! And hey, why not add Siri while we're at it "There are two gang hideouts near to you" lol.gif

Seriously, neat idea and icon14.gif to squishybubs for the wheels biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users