Photo

Car-Function-Wheel

169 replies to this topic
black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:46)
QUOTE (black_benz @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:44)
QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:37)
QUOTE (black_benz @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:29)
QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:07)
QUOTE (black_benz @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:03)
The AI looks neat. But my only question is. What would be the purpose of having turning signals if there are no traffic laws? What would be the point of opening your trunk/hood?

what is the point in turning on headlights, doing yoga, watch TV and all that other useless stuff in GTA?

its all useless but its fun...

taking out all the useless stuff in GTA and you would have Far Cry 2 with nothing to do at all

Are you effing serious? Headlights are to allow you to see streets better when it's nighttime in the game. It helped immensely. Yoga is a mini-game, and might help special abilities, we still have no idea. TV is just an added bonus that allows Rockstar to provide social commentary.

But, I can't fathom how people want to have turning signals but the same people are against having traffic laws in the game. Doesn't make sense. Now, if we could use the trunk for something practical (ie. attach a jet ski to the back of it, attach a small boat to the back of it, attach a mountain bike to the back of it - this would work for me, but there's really no reason to open it if there's nothing to put in.

And it's hypocritical and kind of weird for people to want turning signals but are still against cops chasing you after running red lights. Why add a bunch of useless features? Too many whistles and bells kills any product. Case in point: compare a phone with a million little buttons that each do a small thing, and compare the iPhone that only has one button.

totally pointless your post. and for your stupid comparison:

compare a phone with a million little buttons that each do a small thing, and compare the iPhone that only has one button.

now read the OP again and try to figure out what the point of a function wheel is...

And headsup lights gain you nothing in view in GTA. You even see as good as without cause night isnt that dark at all in GTA.
And the switch off engine feature is also pointless but fun to use as it adds realism.

GTA is full of actually useless features. they are fun and that the WHOLE point of them

there tons of people who actually try to drive like in RL when they are bored. You can ask everyone here and almost everyone did try it at some point

All I read was "you provided a logical response to my broken logic, and I have nothing to respond with -- so I'm going to proceed to throw a temper tantrum".

you mean that this post just proved it the other way around.

You still didnt get the point of a Wheel.

The wheel only needs one button for several functions. Now watch you stupid comparison with the 1000 button phone and the single button iPhone...

if you still dont get it then pls gtfo

I don't care. I could suggest a wheel with a bunch of features on it:

- change gears
- open trunk
- open windows
- open hood
- left turn light
-right turn light
- air conditioning
- open windows
- hazard lights

and so on.. sure it adds realism, but it's pointless. If they implemented a car wheel that had an HUD with a crap load of stuff on it, it would annoy people. Especially if everything on the wheel served no practical purpose.

The only feature that I can tolerate that is pointless would be a convertible-shift feature. But other than that, turn lights seems utterly pointless. That's what mods are for, my friend.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

with that logic R* shoul only provide the tool kits and let players make the game dozingoff.gif

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:55)
with that logic R* shoul only provide the tool kits and let players make the game dozingoff.gif

Lol, it's pretty evident at this point that you're butthurt someone turned down your suggestion. Don't take it personally.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (black_benz @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:57)
with  that logic R* shoul only provide the tool kits and let players make the game  dozingoff.gif

Lol, it's pretty evident at this point that you're butthurt someone turned down your suggestion. Don't take it personally.

you are the one.

you only provide unlogical suggestions and have no argument to consolidate your statements

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:59)
with  that logic R* shoul only provide the tool kits and let players make the game  dozingoff.gif

you are the one.

you only provide unlogical suggestions and have no argument to consolidate your statements

Illogical*

Just calm down and learn how to take criticism. Your suggestion is something Rockstar has thought about in the past and decided to pass up on for good reason. Too much clutter and pointless features complicates things and upsets people.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (black_benz @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:01)

you are the one.

Illogical*

Just calm down and learn how to take criticism. Your suggestion is something Rockstar has thought about in the past and decided to pass up on for good reason. Too much clutter and pointless features complicates things and upsets people.

how the hell does it upset people? are they forced to use it? do they sell the game cause they have too many optional features?

and how do you know R* thought of this? you work at R* or again just talkin out of your ass?

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

Not only is it a good idea. It'd be easy to add to the game.
Also I always found it annoying that other cars can put on signal lights but we never could.
It's like its IN the game but just not when you are driving. Which I always found incredibly annoying.

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 16:03)

you are the one.

Illogical*

how the hell does it upset people? are they forced to use it? do they sell the game cause they have too many optional features?

and how do you know R* thought of this? you work at R* or again just talkin out of your ass?

There are plenty of suggestions people have made in the past that wouldn't be forced on people that have been turned down because of it's pointlessness.

And also, you'll have to explain to me the logic of someone wanting turn signals in GTA, but at the same time doesn't want traffic laws.

Walk me through that logic.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by iNero, 19 August 2013 - 10:14 PM.

QUOTE (black_benz @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:10)

you are the one.

Illogical*

There are plenty of suggestions people have made in the past that wouldn't be forced on people that have been turned down because of it's pointlessness.

And also, you'll have to explain to me the logic of someone wanting turn signals in GTA, but at the same time doesn't want traffic laws.

How do you know that I dont want traffic laws?

Just because some people dont like it you suggest EVERYONE doesnt want it?
same goes for this:

why do you want Police in the game at all if you dont get a star when walkin around with a rocket launcher in hands?

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 16:12)
QUOTE (black_benz @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:10)

you are the one.

Illogical*

How do you know that I dont want traffic laws?

Just because some people dont like it you suggest EVERYONE doesnt want it?

A lot of people, including many who have posted in this thread, have strongly opposed Rockstar implementing realistic traffic laws into the game. Just doesn't make sense to want one but not the other.

What you have to keep in mind is: Rockstar has never really appealed to the roleplaying crowds, because they don't intend to make GTA an RPG.

AshMan306
  • AshMan306

Sit down and shut up.

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

Blinkers could be used when the way point is activated thats the easy way. The rest well im confused just need to wait till the 17th september to play the game.

ThaiBrawler
  • ThaiBrawler

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

Manual Transmission ftw

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (AshMan306 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 16:15)
Blinkers could be used when the way point is activated thats the easy way. The rest well im confused just need to wait till the 17th september to play the game.

That's a brilliant suggestion, honestly:

blinkers work automatically when you have a GPS location set on the map. And then, for those who don't want blinkers even with GPS set - maybe Rockstar could provide an option: "turn auto blinkers OFF".

JacoBee
  • JacoBee

Still waiting...

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

why hood?there should be roof instead.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (JacoBee @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:20)
why hood?there should be roof instead.

that was just an example to show what I mean.

Hood:

you could open it and then go to the engine and repair it. In MAFIA 2 or Far Cry 2 you were able to repair your car by pressing a button when standing infront of the engine.
I think that was possible in Saints Row too or Just Cause. Not sure atm

NutsAndy
  • NutsAndy

GTA Trucker

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

I like the idea, and i have always thought something like this was needed for things i'd like to control like the lights, roof, locks, driving aids, windows?

The reason i would like to control lights is that it would be cool to have a wanted level at night, hide behind a building and turn your lights off so the police shoot past like in this clip from the film Smokey and the Bandit: http://www.youtube.c...X762k_3zWg&t=72

The only reason i want to control the windows is if i have a vehicle with tinted windows, it'd be nice to crank em down and take cool pictures of the vehicle.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (NutsAndy @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:24)
I like the idea, and i have always thought something like this was needed for things i'd like to control like the lights, roof, locks, driving aids, windows?

The reason i would like to control lights is that it would be cool to have a wanted level at night, hide behind a building and turn your lights off so the police shoot past like in this clip from the film Smokey and the Bandit: http://www.youtube.c...X762k_3zWg&t=72

The only reason i want to control the windows is if i have a vehicle with tinted windows, it'd be nice to crank em down and take cool pictures of the vehicle.

Someone mentioned that in Gameplay and Screens there were Cars where the window is half down.
Imagine you can smoke in the car and if you dont open the window it will look like this lol.gif

now you can say totally pointless

D-MaxPWR
  • D-MaxPWR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

OP should introduce this to R*s Mouth off and DEMAND it be a feature before they ship devil.gif

Such a great idea and the functionality is endless with the amount of cars in this game!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

The use of this for service vehicles is also huge imo.

Trashmaster, attach trailers to trucks and so on.

someone mentioned landing gears for planes and stuff.

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Well if I were to include a weapon wheel, I wouldn't put on what you have there.

1.) There should only be one selector for lock/unlock - as a toggle. For those wondering how useful this would be, recall how many times someone dragged you out of a car as you were trying to get away?

2.) The selection for convertible roof toggle should definitely be on there.

3.) It's not really necessary to have hood and trunk opening options. If those needed to be done, I would say they should be done in position from outside the car, in front of the hood or trunk (ala Mafia II)

4.) Headlights & fog lights should be operable from the wheel as well. Perhaps one key as on-off, and then another as high-low.

5.) MANUAL TRANSMISSION gear options. Linear up-down shifting via up and down on the d-pad. This wheel is most practical for that purpose.

-------------------

Honestly though, besides for the convertible roof and lock, it's not exactly all that useful. Most people don't like the manual ideas, the headlight already has a button, and (in the one thing GTA could learn from Saints Row 3, shocker) turn signals should go on based off of the GPS route, and (like Mafia II) windshield wipers should come on when it is raining).

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (packardcaribien @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 17:52)
Well if I were to include a weapon wheel, I wouldn't put on what you have there.

1.) There should only be one selector for lock/unlock - as a toggle. For those wondering how useful this would be, recall how many times someone dragged you out of a car as you were trying to get away?

2.) The selection for convertible roof toggle should definitely be on there.

3.) It's not really necessary to have hood and trunk opening options. If those needed to be done, I would say they should be done in position from outside the car, in front of the hood or trunk (ala Mafia II)

4.) Headlights & fog lights should be operable from the wheel as well. Perhaps one key as on-off, and then another as high-low.

5.) MANUAL TRANSMISSION gear options. Linear up-down shifting via up and down on the d-pad. This wheel is most practical for that purpose.

-------------------

Honestly though, besides for the convertible roof and lock, it's not exactly all that useful. Most people don't like the manual ideas, the headlight already has a button, and (in the one thing GTA could learn from Saints Row 3, shocker) turn signals should go on based off of the GPS route, and (like Mafia II) windshield wipers should come on when it is raining).

oh boy...
he made this Pic to show what i mean...
the options on there are just to show how it should look...

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

Great idea mate!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (D-MaxPWR @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:33)
OP should introduce this to R*s Mouth off and DEMAND it be a feature before they ship devil.gif

Such a great idea and the functionality is endless with the amount of cars in this game!

will spam them with it until they respond lol

Steven Ride
  • Steven Ride

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

aslong as we can open the trunk and put people in it, I'll be happy

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'm up on the air about turn signals but this layout would be pretty cool. Maybe up on the cross pad then that screen comes up. Not bad. Atari tried this in epic fail fashion in TDU2.

Another thing I would like amongst all that is shutting off the engine and parking, you know staking out a job. May be something we'll do who can say.

In GTA IV this little touch was such a big thing for me. You did some hard driving. Really turning it loose, you get back home, shut it off, get out, and you can hear that clicking sound coming from the engine compartment. The engine cooling.

I thought that touch was unreal. I hope to be blown away again by the little details.

About the trunk, man I want this. Store weapons, clothing, masks, everyday things for the up and coming urban criminal.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

R* listen to this man. This is an awesome idea, so if there is still time do it! I always wanted to have direction signals and the ability to lock a car in GTA.

dee8ball
  • dee8ball

*clap... *clap... *clap...

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by dee8ball, 22 August 2013 - 04:53 AM.

This is a great idea that i fully support! icon14.gif

BattleExel26
  • BattleExel26

22's on a box Chevy

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

One of the best ideas I've ever read for GTA:V.
Great job!

icon14.gif cookie.gif

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

That's actually a really good idea and it easily solves the issue with the lack of buttons on your standard controller.

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Maybe make the wheel a bit smaller, and not central up in the screen, and yeah great idea man.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users