Photo

Car-Function-Wheel

169 replies to this topic
HK2811
  • HK2811

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

And your idea gets even cooler when you extend it to planes, ships, submarines und helicopters. I mean retractable landing gear, cropduster...

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

I hope this time Rockstar made a function for the trunk. Last time we only saw it working in trailers.

AEJY
  • AEJY

Dimes

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Great thread man icon14.gif

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

I think this is a great idea and as shown with the selecting weapons it can be instant rampage_ani.gif

cookie.gif to OP

Sneak47
  • Sneak47

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Really like the idea, i would like windows/trunk and hood open/close features, not really fussed though. We can expect to see new things though, for sure.

VIPERGTSR01
  • VIPERGTSR01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Fantastic idea, lets hope Rockstar have done something like this.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (HK2811 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 01:37)
And your idea gets even cooler when you extend it to planes, ships, submarines und helicopters. I mean retractable landing gear, cropduster...

You know what? We pretty much need a button for landing gear for planes, like in SA. But stunt planes and Cropdusters don't need them since the wheels are locked into one position and have no space to retract.

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

A car wheel, excellent idea!

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

This could also add more depth to emergency vehicles. Giving us the ability to turn on just the emergency lights, change the siren sound, etc.

classfoward
  • classfoward

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

R* Hear us. I like that feature. We want that feature.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 07:33)
I hope this time Rockstar made a function for the trunk. Last time we only saw it working in trailers.

This is a must for me. They have hinted at usable trunks both before SA and before IV. What with hogtying in RDR, being able to open and use a trunk to store items (or people!) would add so much replayability.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 16:51)
QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 07:33)

This is a must for me. They have hinted at usable trunks both before SA and before IV. What with hogtying in RDR, being able to open and use a trunk to store items (or people!) would add so much replayability.

RDRs feature to put cuffed guys on you horse was already awesome.
I dont know if this get converted to trunks but if it gets, I hope we can open the trunk seperatly.

somehow it would just feel plain if you just have bring the hostile to the trunk and press a button and a cutscene appears like in RDR. that would feel just bad.
and it would mean that we couldnt use the trunk for any stuff either
you would never see the trunk open in "real" gameplay, only in cutscenes

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

I'd kill for the ability to carry health packs in the trunk on those long-haul missions with lots of gunplay.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Agni @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:29)
I'd kill for the ability to carry health packs in the trunk on those long-haul missions with lots of gunplay.

Ammo in the trunk. Or even money. We can store our mones at the bank so why not in our car?!
it mainly prevents that you lose your money when getting caughed or killed

Innovention
  • Innovention

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

People say this stuff isn't possible because of a lack of buttons. But wasn't their two handbrake buttons in IV?

Never knew you could turn off the car in IV. I'm stupid.

-Hurry-up
  • -Hurry-up

WOFP

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

Agreee , i love it smile.gif i hop its in

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

The AI looks neat. But my only question is. What would be the purpose of having turning signals if there are no traffic laws? What would be the point of opening your trunk/hood?

podyx
  • podyx

Money Maker

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

dude that is awesome, good thread

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (HK2811 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 01:37)

right on.. landing gear, FLIR camera, operate winch, etc.

I could do without turn-indicators on the vehicles wheel though... that's a bit of realism I can do without in my favorite video game.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (black_benz @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:03)
The AI looks neat. But my only question is. What would be the purpose of having turning signals if there are no traffic laws? What would be the point of opening your trunk/hood?

what is the point in turning on headlights, doing yoga, watch TV and all that other useless stuff in GTA?

its all useless but its fun...

taking out all the useless stuff in GTA and you would have Far Cry 2 with nothing to do at all

Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

That is actually quite a good idea. Too bad someone didn't think of it sooner, R* might have considered this one.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

This thread has my vote! cookie.gif To All, on me.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:10 PM Edited by iNero, 19 August 2013 - 09:13 PM.

QUOTE (Burner @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:09)
That is actually quite a good idea. Too bad someone didn't think of it sooner, R* might have considered this one.

I made this thread in april. came up with ithe idea even earlier. In 2012 even iirc
dont know if that was already too late. but such stuff always can be patched in tounge.gif

The Witcher even did get a complete overhaul of the fighting system long after release

Nothing2Flashy
  • Nothing2Flashy

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Great idea and all but when we're in a vehicle there will be a 'Radio Station selection wheel'

( Confirmed by CVG by the way... )

esato
  • esato

Street Cat

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:15 PM Edited by esato, 19 August 2013 - 09:18 PM.

Trunk function like this?

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

That's a Great Idea!!! icon14.gif *Writes it down on paper*

They are Listening, Trust me... ph34r.gif

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:07)

what is the point in turning on headlights, doing yoga, watch TV and all that other useless stuff in GTA?

taking out all the useless stuff in GTA and you would have Far Cry 2 with nothing to do at all

Are you effing serious? Headlights are to allow you to see streets better when it's nighttime in the game. It helped immensely. Yoga is a mini-game, and might help special abilities, we still have no idea. TV is just an added bonus that allows Rockstar to provide social commentary.

But, I can't fathom how people want to have turning signals but the same people are against having traffic laws in the game. Doesn't make sense. Now, if we could use the trunk for something practical (ie. attach a jet ski to the back of it, attach a small boat to the back of it, attach a mountain bike to the back of it - this would work for me, but there's really no reason to open it if there's nothing to put in.

And it's hypocritical and kind of weird for people to want turning signals but are still against cops chasing you after running red lights. Why add a bunch of useless features? Too many whistles and bells kills any product. Case in point: compare a phone with a million little buttons that each do a small thing, and compare the iPhone that only has one button.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by iNero, 19 August 2013 - 09:43 PM.

QUOTE (black_benz @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:29)

Are you effing serious? Headlights are to allow you to see streets better when it's nighttime in the game. It helped immensely. Yoga is a mini-game, and might help special abilities, we still have no idea. TV is just an added bonus that allows Rockstar to provide social commentary.

But, I can't fathom how people want to have turning signals but the same people are against having traffic laws in the game. Doesn't make sense. Now, if we could use the trunk for something practical (ie. attach a jet ski to the back of it, attach a small boat to the back of it, attach a mountain bike to the back of it - this would work for me, but there's really no reason to open it if there's nothing to put in.

And it's hypocritical and kind of weird for people to want turning signals but are still against cops chasing you after running red lights. Why add a bunch of useless features? Too many whistles and bells kills any product. Case in point: compare a phone with a million little buttons that each do a small thing, and compare the iPhone that only has one button.

totally pointless your post. and for your stupid comparison:

compare a phone with a million little buttons that each do a small thing, and compare the iPhone that only has one button.

now read the OP again and try to figure out what the point of a function wheel is...

And headsup lights gain you nothing in view in GTA. You even see as good as without cause night isnt that dark at all in GTA.
And the switch off engine feature is also pointless but fun to use as it adds realism.

GTA is full of actually useless features. they are fun and that the WHOLE point of them

there tons of people who actually try to drive like in RL when they are bored. You can ask everyone here and almost everyone did try it at some point

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:44 PM Edited by black_benz, 19 August 2013 - 09:46 PM.

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:37)

compare a phone with a million little buttons that each do a small thing, and compare the iPhone that only has one button.

now read the OP again and try to figure out what the point of a function wheel is...

And headsup lights gain you nothing in view in GTA. You even see as good as without cause night isnt that dark at all in GTA.
And the switch off engine feature is also pointless but fun to use as it adds realism.

GTA is full of actually useless features. they are fun and that the WHOLE point of them

there tons of people who actually try to drive like in RL when they are bored. You can ask everyone here and almost everyone did try it at some point

All I read was "you provided a logical response to my broken logic, and I have nothing to respond with -- so I'm going to proceed to throw a temper tantrum".

Don't spit realism at me. You guys are all over the place with realism, so enough of that. You oppose having gas in a car, but at the same time you request a feature that allows us to "open our window". It's stupid, pointless, and doesn't make sense when compared to the other "realistic" suggestions that people have turned down in the past.

Everything Rockstar implements, for the most part, has a practical purpose.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (black_benz @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:44)
QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:37)

All I read was "you provided a logical response to my broken logic, and I have nothing to respond with -- so I'm going to proceed to throw a temper tantrum".

you mean that this post just proved it the other way around.

You still didnt get the point of a Wheel.

The wheel only needs one button for several functions. Now watch you stupid comparison with the 1000 button phone and the single button iPhone...

if you still dont get it then pls gtfo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users