Car-Function-Wheel

169 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:32)
Great idea! Maybe instead of holding square to dim and brighten the headlights, it could be held to open to car wheel, and you can select your headlights, blinkers, trunk, windows, and make the convertible top go up and down. That would be so perfect. smile.gif

Thats what i explained. If its with X (xbox) or square (ps3) it would be LS to choose or when its made with holding RB/R1 , u choose with the right stick.
Easy as that. Head lights still will work with the wheel and handbreak is still A (xbox) X (ps3). Myself I use LT/L2 to break and A to slide around corners

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 10:27)
QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:32)
Great idea! Maybe instead of holding  square   to dim and brighten the headlights, it could be held to open to car wheel, and you can select your headlights, blinkers, trunk, windows, and make the convertible top go up and down. That would be so perfect.  smile.gif

Thats what i explained. If its with X (xbox) or square (ps3) it would be LS to choose or when its made with holding RB/R1 , u choose with the right stick.
Easy as that. Head lights still will work with the wheel and handbreak is still A (xbox) X (ps3). Myself I use LT/L2 to break and A to slide around corners

monocle.gif icon14.gif

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'm fully on board with this as well, but I would like it if maybe there was a way to open the bonnet without wrecking the car. It would be nice if I could see the engine of what I'm driving.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 15:38)
I'm fully on board with this as well, but I would like it if maybe there was a way to open the bonnet without wrecking the car. It would be nice if I could see the engine of what I'm driving.

Excellent idea mate icon14.gif - I really, really hope this is in.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

I came up with this a idea a while back. biggrin.gif

Anyways, it should be circle to open the menu. In IV, circle just did the useless cinematic camera (waste of a button IMO) and in TBoGT it used NOS. So what it should be is

Tap circle - Activate NOS
Hold circle - Open vehicle command wheel, right stick selects options and d-pad selects weapons

Now that square is free, they should come up with something useful for square. Perhaps square could be a "fine aim" option where the protag leans out of his window with a more accurate aiming system at the loss of vehicle control?

X should be used too. It was basically a secondary handbrake.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Good Idea

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:49 PM Edited by iNero, 08 April 2013 - 03:56 PM.

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 15:47)
I came up with this a idea a while back. biggrin.gif

Anyways, it should be circle to open the menu. In IV, circle just did the useless cinematic camera (waste of a button IMO) and in TBoGT it used NOS. So what it should be is

Tap circle - Activate NOS
Hold circle - Open vehicle command wheel, right stick selects options and d-pad selects weapons

Now that square is free, they should come up with something useful for square. Perhaps square could be a "fine aim" option where the protag leans out of his window with a more accurate aiming system at the loss of vehicle control?

X should be used too. It was basically a secondary handbrake. 

I posted this last year in another thread. Before GI Article. As it did go under i thought ill post it another time with its own thread.

Edit:

Here it is: http://www.gtaforums...97&hl=car wheel
Was even in june last year

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Oh. I just checked and I posted it August 20th but I definately had the idea a few years before I joined this forum. tounge.gif

SwaggedOut
  • SwaggedOut

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 16:42)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 15:38)

Excellent idea mate icon14.gif - I really, really hope this is in.

Press and hold a button could maybe engage a pop-up menu that's comprehensive. I saw this system and thought it was really good;

GTAgamersquirrel
  • GTAgamersquirrel

#TeamTrevor

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

I was thinking it could be like the RDR weapon wheel where you press left bumper and then toggle with the joystick.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (GTAgamersquirrel @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 16:02)
I was thinking it could be like the RDR weapon wheel where you press left bumper and then toggle with the joystick.

Thats all explained in OP.

GTAgamersquirrel
  • GTAgamersquirrel

#TeamTrevor

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 10:07)
QUOTE (GTAgamersquirrel @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 16:02)

Thats all explained in OP.

Lol, I though that was from another thread. #brainfart orly.gif

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:38 PM Edited by Flashify, 08 April 2013 - 04:40 PM.

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 19:42)
In GTA4 you were able to switch on foglights by holding X Button on the Xbox-Controller.

High beam...

But good idea. icon14.gif

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

A wheel might be a bit clustered though, maybe there could be a pop-up menu, in place of the phone on the HUD when it's not being used.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 09:13)
A wheel might be a bit clustered though, maybe there could be a pop-up menu, in place of the phone on the HUD when it's not being used.

This would be almost the same. The menu has to close automaticly when u choosed the feature

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

From CVG

The duo agrees to hold up a gas station. "Masks on, yeah", one character says, before cycling through the Interaction Menu where you can select glasses, hats, masks etc.

this interction menu could also work for the things I meantioned when sitting in a car. to open the converatble for example

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:08 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 16 August 2013 - 07:17 AM.

QUOTE (The General @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 22:25)
I don't really see the point in having all of these extra "features". Sure they would add to the "realism" of the game, but not really much gameplay elements. Plus you got to remember that there is limit amount of buttons on a control. Some things like the high beams work, cause they share the button with the weapon switch action. I do wonder how we are going to drop the top of convertibles...

You say you dont see the point but then say it adds realism. confused.gif Thats the point. lol It also DOES add gameplay elements. You also say there are limited buttons on the controls and high beams work bcuz it shares X with the weapon switch but somehow didnt see that the OP's idea also shares the button with weapon switch. I dont mean to sound like I'm bashing your post its just annoying when ppl reach to shoot down an idea.

I like it. Good post OP. Something like...

Up = opens the hood (must get out to close it manaully with RB)
Down = opens the trunk (same as above)
Left = roll down/up driver side window
Right = roll down/up passenger side window
Click stick in = drops the top/put up the top

I dont think blinkers and windsheild wipers need to be manual. Wipers could come on automatically when it rains and blinkers can come on when you turn.

Squishybubs
  • Squishybubs

سفر التكوي

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

Really liked this idea so I made a simple mock-up. Style isn't perfect but it looks alright.
There's no convertible function as this particular Cheetah isn't a convertible (as far as we know).

user posted image

user posted image

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

Resident F*ckin' Professional

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

With the new interact menu, it definitely seems like vehicles could have a whole lot of new depth put into them. Blinkers, convertible hoods, releasing/engaging the lock on a trailer for big rigs, et cetera.

Very nice thread Nero. I still believe that you access it by up on the d-pad, navigated with right stick.

Squishybubs
  • Squishybubs

سفر التكوي

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Monty Mantis @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 13:31)
With the new interact menu, it definitely seems like vehicles could have a whole lot of new depth put into them. Blinkers, convertible hoods, releasing/engaging the lock on a trailer for big rigs, et cetera.

Definitely seems like it. I really do hope all that stuff is functional though (especially for multiplayer): trailer hitches, car carriers, the cargo plane doors, etc.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:39 PM

Convertible tops have been confirmed and a lot of cars have been spotted driving with the windows rolled down, so why not have openable trunks as well?

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Squishybubs @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 21:27)
Really liked this idea so I made a simple mock-up. Style isn't perfect but it looks alright.
There's no convertible function as this particular Cheetah isn't a convertible (as far as we know).

user posted image

user posted image

YES, YES!
This is exactly how I pictured that menu working to do these extra functions.

Highgrade89NewAccount
  • Highgrade89NewAccount

Bird Is The Word

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by Highgrade89NewAccount, 18 August 2013 - 11:46 PM.

Deleted Post

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

Resident F*ckin' Professional

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 16:39)
Convertible tops have been confirmed and a lot of cars have been spotted driving with the windows rolled down, so why not have openable trunks as well?

Well, with Bail Bonds bounty-hunting, I bet we need a place to put the guys we catch, and I'll guess that's the trunk.

VERY MINOR SPOILERS: The Achievement 'Alive or Alive' confirms that we need to take em' in alive, so we probably put them in the trunk.

LGDE56
  • LGDE56

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 20:23)
I would like the option to be able to switch from 2 wheel drive to all wheel drive in certain 4x4's. Maybe a button to raise the front of your car if its a high performance motor. Would be very cool if we could have james bond style gadgets in/attached to the car, your idea is v good sir icon14.gif

Great Idea! I too had the 4wheel drive in mind. It would be a neat little thing to have especially when you're out in the country where there would be mud and rough terrain.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

Hasn't an interactions menu been mentioned in a recent preview?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

The interaction menu could be pretty awesome. Here are the features I expect:
  • convertible tops
  • turning signals
  • hood
  • trunk
  • passenger doors
  • headlights
  • taillights
  • windows
We don't need a slot for turning the car off, just hold triangle when you get out and it'll turn off, keep it simple.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

I would not be surprised if Rockstar had added something like this after seeing this thread, or maybe they've already though if it. Either way, it's going to be interesting to see how they make the convertible tops work.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (CVG Article)
"Give us a lift into town!" asks one player, as his friend pops down the automated hood on his two-seater Lampadati Felon GP - only to flip his pal the bird and speed off laughing. You'll be able to set custom animations.

There must be some sort of interaction menu, then.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Squishybubs @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 23:27)

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks. I added them in the startpost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users