Photo

Car-Function-Wheel

169 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:42 PM Edited by iNero, 20 August 2013 - 04:03 PM.

In GTA4 you were able to switch on foglights by holding X Button on the Xbox-Controller. By holding Y Button u did turn off engine when exit a vehicle.
As we saw in the Trailer it seems like there will be Convertables an that we are able to use them.

My idea would be a function wheel in the car. Similar to the weapon wheel on foot just smaller scale and transparent to not obstruct the driver's view.You open the wheel by holding RB or X Button and then u choose the function you want to use with the right stick. Just as you choose a weapon from the weapon wheel.Every feature has a little symbol in the wheel like a fragg has a grenade icon in the weapon wheel.

Possible options would be already existing features like the foglight. Others could be wipers, open and close trunk, probably blinkers, and the convertable feature.

these could vary for different car types like trucks ( add and uncouple trailers like in San Andreas) or Service Cars like the Trashmaster (use the press).

Thats just an idea and pretty sure wont be in the game but i think it would be a nice addition.

Most features are useless but GTA is known for such useless stuff. these things can make the differences between an great game to an amazing game imo.

Edit:
Thanks to squishybubs who made these screens for this thread. Features and symbols on this Screen are just examples to show what I mean.

user posted image
user posted image
  • matajuegos01 likes this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Now this is what I call a great idea. icon14.gif

I totally agree. Some sort of vehicle-operating-wheel would be awesome.

MGT86
  • MGT86

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Seems like a pretty good idea.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

I would like the option to be able to switch from 2 wheel drive to all wheel drive in certain 4x4's. Maybe a button to raise the front of your car if its a high performance motor. Would be very cool if we could have james bond style gadgets in/attached to the car, your idea is v good sir icon14.gif

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

Finally, a thread actually worth reading. I had a similar idea of holding Square and pressing up, down, left, and right on the D-pad for convertible tops, fog lights, and signal lights. Most people wouldn't use that feature but it wouldn't harm them to have it as its purely beneficial for others.

artie
  • artie

GTAer since the original.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Not really sure it would be worth the programming time and however much, or little, disk space to have the ability to turn on the wind shield wipers or turn signals. Convertible roof would be kind of a cool extra feature, but there is a point when the stuff is just too pointless to include.

Owedem Wingy
  • Owedem Wingy

OwedemWingy

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

Great ideas, maybe a fully functional forklift and doors that open on Boxvilles and stuff.

Also, maybe the truck on the right had and operating ramp?

user posted image

And hopefully working tow-trucks make a return as one was spotted in one of the trailers, maybe a working flatbed too?

Also on the wheel should have a siren option when in a vehicle with sirens, maybe just the lights or both, lights and noises?

Great topic

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

If you think about it, RDR had this feature where u can chase peds and put them on the back of your horse.
R* said that there will be some of the old activities like police sideactivitie. But they said it will fit better or is different.
So actually it would be more realistic to put cuffs on the wanted people and put them in the trunk instead of killing him directly.

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Those features would be great for role playing.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Blinkers...in GTA? I want to speed past those idiots stuck behind a red light, not be part of them whatsthat.gif

br00tal_j
  • br00tal_j

Void Leacher

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'd like to see blinkers/indicators that would be cool biggrin.gif

at least the traffic would know which way you are going instead of cutting us up lol

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

TDU2 had this mapped to the number pad (on PC) and d-pad (on consoles), you could, off memory, open the convertible roof, open and close the windows (with one button) and skip radio stations. Problem was....well, it was Atari and poorly done

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

I don't really see the point in having all of these extra "features". Sure they would add to the "realism" of the game, but not really much gameplay elements. Plus you got to remember that there is limit amount of buttons on a control. Some things like the high beams work, cause they share the button with the weapon switch action. I do wonder how we are going to drop the top of convertibles...

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

MAybe like in Test Drive Unlimited 2 (maybe it was the same in TDU1 but i never played that)

Here is how
simply push on the left button to get up the vehicle-menu

then you push up to take the roof down

push left and right for the turnsignal/blinker/indicator

and down for the windows to go down

since up, down right and left aren't used any more i think this is smart biggrin.gif

Selwood24
  • Selwood24

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

Nice idea about the car-function wheel, but some of the stuff mentioned is pointless, indicators for one, seriously this is GTA not some sort of driving simulator lol, same with wipers, would be pointless seeing as when we are playing we dont actually look through the windscreen, we see the full car.

Being able to pop the trunk would be cool as hell though, could store items inside, and kidnap folks and dogs lol, im game for that.

I also want my car to be able to grow wings and start flying, maybe even transform into a robot biggrin.gif hey its GTA it could happen rolleyes.gif

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 17:26)
MAybe like in Test Drive Unlimited 2 (maybe it was the same in TDU1 but i never played that)

Here is how
simply push on the left button to get up the vehicle-menu

then you push up to take the roof down

push left and right for the turnsignal/blinker/indicator

and down for the windows to go down

since up, down right and left aren't used any more i think this is smart biggrin.gif

Ah what about the radio? That takes up 2 of the 4 buttons you are trying to use.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 19:42)
In GTA4 you were able to switch on foglights by holding X Button on the Xbox-Controller. By holding Y Button u did turn off engine when exit a vehicle.
As we saw in the Trailer it seems like there will be Convertables an that we are able to use them.

My idea would be a function wheel in the car. Similar to the weapon wheel on foot just smaller scale and transparent to not obstruct the driver's view.

Possible options would be already existing features like the foglight. Others could be wipers, open and close trunk, probably blinkers, and the convertable feature.

these could vary for different car types like trucks ( add and uncouple trailers like in San Andreas) or Service Cars like the Trashmaster (use the press).

Thats just an idea and pretty sure wont be in the game but i think it would be a nice addition.

Most features are useless but GTA is known for such useless stuff. these things can make the differences between an great game to an amazing game imo.

My friend, those were not foglights, they were high beams - they will blind you in fog and make it harder to see! tounge.gif

This is a pretty cool idea. The only thing that kind of breaks the dreams of car functions is usually "but what buttons?" - giving it a wheel, like weapons, could definitely alleviate any issues there. That's a neat idea, hope it gets nabbed up and used tounge.gif

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (artie @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 21:46)
Not really sure it would be worth the programming time and however much, or little, disk space to have the ability to turn on the wind shield wipers or turn signals. Convertible roof would be kind of a cool extra feature, but there is a point when the stuff is just too pointless to include.

Well, about the turn signals: The AI always did it in GTA, the model files in GTA IV even have the indicators as own objects, so I do not see why not make them available to players aswell. Trainers such as SNT in IV are able too, aswell.

Good thread by the way, supported icon14.gif

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 17:41)
The AI always did it in GTA, the model files in GTA IV even have the indicators as own objects, so I do not see why not make them available to players aswell. Trainers such as SNT in IV are able too, aswell.

Yeah, but those trainers are on PC. You know the keyboard has a lot more buttons on it, than a controller. There really isn't any room for such a useless feature.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by iNero, 06 April 2013 - 10:59 PM.

QUOTE (The General @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 22:25)
I don't really see the point in having all of these extra "features". Sure they would add to the "realism" of the game, but not really much gameplay elements. Plus you got to remember that there is limit amount of buttons on a control. Some things like the high beams work, cause they share the button with the weapon switch action. I do wonder how we are going to drop the top of convertibles...

Thats the whole point of a weapon wheel. There are several buttons in the car which are not used. So just press and hold the x button to open the function-wheel and choose with the right sticks. Is compfortable, easy quick and simple. And to the point if these functions make sense, read the last phrase of the OP

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 17:53)
QUOTE (The General @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 22:25)

Thats the whole point of a weapon wheel. There are several buttons in the care which are not used. So just press and hold the x button to open the function-wheel and choose with the right sticks. Is compfortable, easy quick and simple. And to the point if these functions make sense, read the last phrase of the OP

A "weapons wheel" is not as simple as just pressing a button. You are making the action more complicated.
Also, all of the buttons are being used in GTAIV and I really doubt they are going to change the in car controls for V.
user posted image
See?

Plus is this really a feature that would make a difference between an amazing game and a great one? I don't think so.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

I see u dont understand it...
Where do they have to change controlls?!
Hold RB ( which isnt used at all in the car) and open the wheel with it. Then choose the thing u want. Just like in the weapon wheel from rdr. I have no idea what your problem is. Most guys here did get the idea...

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 18:02)
Hold RB ( which isnt used at all in the car) and open the wheel with it. Then choose the thing u want. Just like in the weapon wheel from rdr. I have no idea what your problem is. Most guys here did get the idea...

Ah, the right bumper is the handbrake...

Oh and I do understand what you are saying, it seems you are the one that is not getting me.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

This idea reminds me of something...
user posted image

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by iNero, 06 April 2013 - 11:24 PM.

QUOTE (The General @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:06)

Oh and I do understand what you are saying, it seems you are the one that is not getting me.

and why do u need 2 handbrake buttons?

did u even play a game with a weapon wheel?

this is like explaining a dog how to fly a plane...

this is a f*ckin weapon wheel:
user posted image

now scale it down and exchange the symbols with symbols for the different features.

In Car press and hold X/RB button ( GTA4 switch on headlights) to open the wheel and choose the function u want with the right/left stick.

how hard to understand is that please.... jezzuz

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 18:12)
QUOTE (The General @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 23:06)

and why do u need 2 handbrake buttons?

did u even play a game with a weapon wheel?

this is like explaining a dog how to fly a plane...

this is a f*ckin weapon wheel:
[IM]http://images.wikia.com/saintsrow/images/5/57/Dildo_Bat_Weapon_Wheel_SRTT.jpg[/IMG]

now scale it down and exchange the symbols with symbols for the different features.

In Car press and hold X button ( GTA4 switch on headlights) to open the wheel and choose the function u want with the right stick.

how hard to understand is that please.... jezzuz

Yes, I've used a wheel wheel in a game before. And it wasn't really a good idea to use, it broke up the combat and driving which is never a good thing. And remember, one button is used to accept calls and accept certain things on the phone.The other button is a full on handbrake.

And there is no reason to get upset.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withholdô

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

Great idea! Maybe instead of holding square to dim and brighten the headlights, it could be held to open to car wheel, and you can select your headlights, blinkers, trunk, windows, and make the convertible top go up and down. That would be so perfect. smile.gif

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 07:42)

My idea would be a function wheel in the car. Similar to the weapon wheel on foot just smaller scale and transparent to not obstruct the driver's view.You open the wheel by holding RB or X Button and then u choose the function you want to use with the right stick. Just as you choose a weapon from the weapon wheel.Every feature has a little symbol in the wheel like a fragg has a grenade icon in the weapon wheel.

This is a good idea.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

Why do you guys want to use turn signals so badly!?

goh13
  • goh13

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:15 AM

That is a really good way to limit the buttons needed to do many actions! It would be sweet biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users