Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your Experience With The 100% Challenge?

13 replies to this topic
CJs Sphincter
  • CJs Sphincter

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

So, I've recently set out to achieve 100% completion in both GTA "Stories" games after failing at the cliff-like challenge of GTA:IV's 200 Pigeons. So, in light of the situation, how did you find them and which was your favourite to fully complete?

Currently I'm working on VCS so please speak of that in this post, how was it for you? I've done most sidemissions and I've nearly burst all of the balloons thanks to the map showing me ones I've previously burst. I've decided to start with VCS because the hidden packages are easiest to find without problems.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Gotten 100% on all the PS2 games twice. VCS was probably the most fun to finish. The challenges are mostly easy and actually enjoyable to complete plus with rampages and balloons, you can always check your map to see which ones have been bursted/finished already.

And PS2 has a few more challenges than the PSP version, which makes the 100% mission a bit longer.

BlackGuard
  • BlackGuard

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

I didn't like the assortment of side missions. I felt that there was too many checkpoint races.
And they didn't have any of the backseat shooter missions from Liberty City Stories.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

I need to get around to completing VCS sometime. I just hate how empires are always getting attacked. That gang that drives the black truck always tries to kill Vic, too. They show up everywhere when you least expect it. It's impossible to have fun when you've got people always after you.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

One of the few GTA games I have never completed to 100%. Maybe one Day I will go back and do it

CJs Sphincter
  • CJs Sphincter

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 17:48)
I need to get around to completing VCS sometime. I just hate how empires are always getting attacked. That gang that drives the black truck always tries to kill Vic, too. They show up everywhere when you least expect it. It's impossible to have fun when you've got people always after you.

To stop being attacked just acquire all of the businesses by buying them.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (CJs Sphincter @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 18:10)

Next time I play VCS, I'll work on getting the rest of the empires. Will gangs still try to take over your empires?

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

There's a bug where gangs can still attack after you've taken all empire sites. As soon as you buy and develop the last site, save your game, turn the system off, and reload. You'll never get attacked again.

ArmedJudas47
  • ArmedJudas47

JamieRose

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 18:12)
QUOTE (CJs Sphincter @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 18:10)

Next time I play VCS, I'll work on getting the rest of the empires. Will gangs still try to take over your empires?

Just do what KGBeast tells you smile.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

^^Thanks, that helps a lot. Now, I can have much more fun with the game.

ArmedJudas47
  • ArmedJudas47

JamieRose

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

^^^ I hope so...

Stratocastor15
  • Stratocastor15

Kraff's Disciples Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

The most frustrating part was the rampages. I rage-quit so many times, I had to do them all 3 times!

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 19 April 2013 - 05:54 PM.

Well, most of the game was relatively easy, and I completed it with no problems at all. However, there were missions - both in the Storyline and Side missions - that made me sweat. For me these were:
  • Vigilante (as I was completing it in the beginning of the game on the Wintergreen, I was constantly shot at at had my tyres burst)
  • Taxi (always got pressed for time and had to restart as a result)
  • Robbery Empire Mission (with the annoying VCPD chasing you while you are driving a Securicar with flat tyres)
  • "Blitzkrieg" - always got Lance killed
  • "Light My Pyre" - always got Lance killed as well
  • "Hyman O.D.T." and "Crims On Wings" - constantly blew up my Biplane until I could get a hold of it.
  • Taking over the Empire Sites - but only the moment where you have to get to the Empire Sites that are attacked. That was annoying.
That's all I can think of, really.

inflamedeyeball
  • inflamedeyeball

New Carcass album coming this year!

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

I just got 100%!

Took me about 60 hours.

I bought it from PSN when it became available for the PS3; I'd never played it before.

'Crims On Water Wings' was the most insane thing... Blew up my plane tons of times, but it kept being fun because it was so ridiculous.

The two hovercraft races were awful. That mission where you face the bikini-clad killers by the pool too. Way higher difficulty than I've grown accustomed to.

All in all it was fun, although the controls are quite fiddly in some vehicles, it was good to be back in Vice City.

It always feels so weird when it's over... There used to be so much left to do... But F*ck yeah, I did it smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users