MySQL

3 replies to this topic
BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

The Car Place Founder

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Hello does anyone understand Mysql and able to help me for Free as i am making a SAMP rp server and i want to have a UCP on my website like www.sa-mp.im but i don't know how to do it.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• None

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

So long as you are running a server with MySQL and have access to SQL database, it's extremely straight forward. If you can do the rest of the PHP code, you can do MySQL stuff. Just look up some tutorials on how to create tables, insert rows, and how to search for rows with relevant information. The w3schools isn't always reliable in terms of various standards, but it'll get you started. Their MySQL primer is decent enough.

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

The Car Place Founder

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 01:47)
So long as you are running a server with MySQL and have access to SQL database, it's extremely straight forward. If you can do the rest of the PHP code, you can do MySQL stuff. Just look up some tutorials on how to create tables, insert rows, and how to search for rows with relevant information. The w3schools isn't always reliable in terms of various standards, but it'll get you started. Their MySQL primer is decent enough.

I don't get how to make a data base though. I tried PHPmyAdmin could not work that i downloaded MySQL could not work that it is soo f*cking confusing

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Latvia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

If you are hosting a server on your own PC by setting up Apache, PHP and the rest one by one... Maybe you're better off just installing xampp? You just install the package, tweak some parameters (Skype loves to use port 80 and 443 for connections (what even...), easy fix though) and you're good to go. Well, firewall and port forwarding. But you'd have a working server with phpMyAdmin and MySQL set up and you'll be making your first database in no time.
But you need more than databases to make a working control panel...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users