Photo

View replies to posts

12 replies to this topic
FCortez
  • FCortez

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Perhaps this is just me being lazy but I'd really like to have a feature that like "View New Posts", that lets me check recent posts but the twist is that it only tracks the posts you (the owner of the account) have posted on previously, these can be considered replies or new messages or what ever, but I reckon this would make things easier in terms of not having to remember which posts I did post on (and might have someone's question and/or answer on) and which ones I haven't posted in at all.

I've known this to be possible since I've seen it in other forums I've used, I just don't know how much other forum users will find it useful (and of course if its something that's easy to do).
Hope you guys find this to be a good suggestion and please feel free to comment.

Thank you

The Leones
  • The Leones

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Quite hard to view it ??

user posted image

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

He meant that you 'll only see posts there if you have replied in that topic. Which isn't such a bad idea.

OP: You could click on your profile and then click the view all posts by member link. It shows all your posts and there's indicated whether the thread has new replies or not.

FCortez
  • FCortez

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (The Leones @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 20:58)
Quite hard to view it ??

I'd appreciate if you read what I wrote before posting, thank you.

He meant that you 'll only see posts there if you have replied in that topic. Which isn't such a bad idea.

OP: You could click on your profile and then click the view all posts by member link. It shows all your posts and there's indicated whether the thread has new replies or not.

Oh I didn't know that existed, well then I reckon that makes this topic rather useless except for the part that it would be rather nice to have that in the "My Controls".
Still, thank you ThaBoY

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

dat was mad tekkers bruh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by LazyboyEight, 09 April 2013 - 03:43 PM.

Look under the box you type your posts in, there's a "post options" section. Tick the box saying "enable email notification of replies"

There's also an option in the forum settings to have that ticked for every topic.

Also, if you want to track people who have quoted you, then use the search function with this criteria. Apologies for tinypic, I'm using my PS3 right now and imgur doesn't work on PS3. confused.gif

user posted image

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Latvia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

That's wrong, if you want to find posts in which you are quoted (or mentioned by name), your username goes in the search keywords. Otherwise, that will find you all your posts.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

dat was mad tekkers bruh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:40 PM Edited by LazyboyEight, 09 April 2013 - 03:43 PM.

Sorry, my bad. I wasn't thinking straight when I posted that, I've corrected it.

FCortez
  • FCortez

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Apr 9 2013, 14:40)
Look under the box you type your posts in, there's a "post options" section. Tick the box saying "enable email notification of replies"

There's also an option in the forum settings to have that ticked for every topic.

Also, if you want to track people who have quoted you, then use the search function with this criteria. Apologies for tinypic, I'm using my PS3 right now and imgur doesn't work on PS3. confused.gif

http://i50.tinypic.com/2zggtpz.png

QUOTE (Edmachine @ Apr 9 2013, 15:12)
That's wrong, if you want to find posts in which you are quoted (or mentioned by name), your username goes in the search keywords. Otherwise, that will find you all your posts.

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Apr 9 2013, 15:40)
Sorry, my bad. I wasn't thinking straight when I posted that, I've corrected it.

Ok I see what you guys mean and I've looked into it. It does do in, certain ways, what I wrote in the OP but what I wanted was to have a button (possibly next to "View New Posts") where you could just click and it would show new posts in the posts that you have posted in before, rather than having to remember which posts you posted on or getting the notifications via mail, I find the later particularly annoying since I'm pretty much getting a new mail every 5 minutes due to every topic that I'm following (I don't even want to imagine what It would be like if I checked that button on my posts). confused.gif It shouldn't be sending me mails but notifications on the forum interface (in my opinion).

But there's something that I'm starting to wonder though, although I've seen this feature before and I know it not to be impossible, I've been seeing that this forum hasn't had many changes at all and I'm wondering if it has a lot of memory to store and it just can't have memory consuming changes added to it.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

I think I know what you mean, and if I remember correctly if you look at the icons next to the topic there are the odd ones with dots on like so user posted image, this in conjunction with the user posted image New Post icon mean that there is new posts in that topic that you have previously posted in before.

For Example
user posted image Open Topic (new replies)
user posted image No New Posts Open Topic (no new replies)
user posted image Hot Topic (new replies)
user posted image Hot Topic (no new replies)
user posted image Hot Topic (new replies in which you've posted in)

Sorry can't find the Open topic blue dot one, although that isn't list on the section on the bottom for the 'dot' topics I'm pretty sure that is the case. The ones without dots and the New Post Icon mean there has been posts since your last visit, but you have not previously posted in that topic before. I don't know if this would be something along the lines you are looking for.

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Latvia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Well, you can do a combination of things to achieve something similar to what you want.
Click the last checkbox here: http://www.gtaforums...=UserCP&CODE=02 That will automatically subscribe you to every topic you post in. (Enable 'Email Notification' by default?)
If you don't want to receive an email every time someone replies to any of your subscribed topics, uncheck the first box under Board preferences in the link I posted. (Send email when someone replies to a subscribed topic?)
Your subscribed topics show up in the sidebar, at the bottom of it. Topics get highlighted when there are new replies.

FCortez
  • FCortez

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Gareth Croke @ Apr 9 2013, 18:07)
I think I know what you mean, and if I remember correctly if you look at the icons next to the topic there are the odd ones with dots on like so user posted image, this in conjunction with the user posted image New Post icon mean that there is new posts in that topic that you have previously posted in before.

For Example
user posted image Open Topic (new replies)
user posted image No New Posts  Open Topic (no new replies)
user posted image Hot Topic (new replies)
user posted image Hot Topic (no new replies)
user posted image Hot Topic (new replies in which you've posted in)

Sorry can't find the Open topic blue dot one, although that isn't list on the section on the bottom for the 'dot' topics I'm pretty sure that is the case.  The ones without dots and the New Post Icon mean there has been posts since your last visit, but you have not previously posted in that topic before.  I don't know if this would be something along the lines you are looking for.

QUOTE (Edmachine @ Apr 9 2013, 18:09)
Well, you can do a combination of things to achieve something similar to what you want.
Click the last checkbox here: http://www.gtaforums...=UserCP&CODE=02 That will automatically subscribe you to every topic you post in. (Enable 'Email Notification' by default?)
If you don't want to receive an email every time someone replies to any of your subscribed topics, uncheck the first box under Board preferences in the link I posted. (Send email when someone replies to a subscribed topic?)
Your subscribed topics show up in the sidebar, at the bottom of it. Topics get highlighted when there are new replies.

Thank you guys for your replies.

I didn't know about any of this Edmachine but that is really helpful, by the way when you said "your subscribed topics show up in the sidebar, at the bottom of it" I was confused so I went looking and I think I found it in here http://www.gtaforums...=UserCP&CODE=04 where is says "Do you want all subscribed topics displayed on the sidebar?" (I changed it to yes) is that what you meant?

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Latvia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Oh, yeah. Sorry, thought it'd be on by default. That's what I meant, yes. A handy thing for your important threads. No need to bookmark anything, too.

FCortez
  • FCortez

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Edmachine @ Apr 9 2013, 19:12)
Oh, yeah. Sorry, thought it'd be on by default. That's what I meant, yes. A handy thing for your important threads. No need to bookmark anything, too.

Yea really handy, just started to use it, thanks a lot mate, you were really helpful!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users