» «
Photo

Family members that have died

22 replies to this topic
Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Hey guys, recently I was just thinking to myself how many family members I know that have died in the past few years. Quite depressing I know, however for me, thinking about it, I was a very young age when most of these folks were still around and in good condition. In essence, I didn't really know how to appreciate family and talk to them when I was that age. Looking back, I sometimes wish I was born a few years earlier so that I could be the age I am now, only a few years back so I could just let these people know how great they were and how they made you feel full of life and emotions when you were around them.

Most of the family members I know died in Italy, when I go back there every year now there is always one less, which is sad, soon there will be no one left. I genuinely loved these people so much come to think of it, it's just a shame I couldn't tell them in the way I would like to do now..

Does anyone else feel that way? Like, when you were younger as a child, you always knew you loved those close one's around you, however you never really expressed it in the way you would like to now...

Colonel_Buttfuck
  • Colonel_Buttfuck

Destroyer Of Worlds

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

My dad almost died a few days ago after undergoing knee surgery. His body entered some sort of shock state, and all of a sudden I realized I had never really bonded with him (he's an alcoholic and he and mom got separated early on in my life) But when he almost died I just wished I had talked to him more. Now he's at rehab (not for the alcohol, but or the knee) and I call him every day.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

My mom died when I was thirteen. I was just getting to the point where I'd have considered her a cool mom at the time.

The night before she had the stroke that triggered it we went to our local Twisty Treat (That's an ice cream shop shaped like a giant ice cream cone), and it was one of the few times her, her boyfriend, and I had fun together. We were laughing at each other's jokes and having ice cream, and just having fun in general.

Anyway, she seemed like a good person. She was always singing old songs from the 80s and keeping up with how everyone she knew was doing and eating candy and sh*t. She was fun to be around, and it's a shame she's not around to make smiles occur anymore.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Lost my grandfather around 2 years ago. It started up as a clog in his digestion system but it ended up in artificial coma for a month and being a vegetable for one and a half months until he finally died. We didn't really talk, he was just... there.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

pet gerbil Snuffles.

technically wasn't mine. my sister got a gerbil. she didn't even take care of it, just went "AWWW SNUFFLES" when she walked past it and completely ignored it, leaving mother to take care of it. poor mum, wasted that money on a gerbil just for it to be a burden because sister is dipsh*t.

anyways it died of starvation after like, two weeks? mum told my sister it "died of old age" and it was dumped in a binbag in the backyard, sister was crying her eyes out.

served her right.

technically gerbils aren't family members but none of my actual family have died..

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 22:17)
pet gerbil Snuffles.

I had a hamster called Snuffles. Wonder if my Snuffles and your Snuffles were related. I'm gonna go ahead and say they probably were.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

pet gerbil Snuffles.

technically wasn't mine. my sister got a gerbil. she didn't even take care of it, just went "AWWW SNUFFLES" when she walked past it and completely ignored it, leaving mother to take care of it. poor mum, wasted that money on a gerbil just for it to be a burden because sister is dipsh*t.

anyways it died of starvation after like, two weeks? mum told my sister it "died of old age" and it was dumped in a binbag in the backyard, sister was crying her eyes out.

served her right.

technically gerbils aren't family members but none of my actual family have died..

I consider pets family members.

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

When nothing goes right, go left.

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

I was I had gotten the chance to meet my Grandmother, Josephine. From what I hear she was a kind and generous, yet steely woman. I did know my Grandfather but I was about 6-7 at the time he died. A quiet giant he was. about 6'5".

Also, one of my closest child-hood friend's mother who recently passed away due to cancer. A boisterous woman, but always treated me nicely and would go a mile out of her way to do you a good turn. Talked to her a lot during childhood but grew distant of communication due to the fact we moved away from that area. Never got the chance to talk to her as a mature young adult.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 19:07)
pet gerbil Snuffles.

served her right.

I certainly consider my cats family members. If they died, I'd be so sad. cryani.gif

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

My mother died almost two years ago.Cancer.Needed lot of time tosurvive that.Dad died 20 years ago and rest of the family got their own problems so i have to handle situation after that by myself.Met a nice girl so if i stay with her i will be OK.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

I really wish I spent more time with my dad. My dad was one of the best dads ever. He worked hard at his job, and he still had the time to take me to model train expos, civil war reenactments, and he even had the time to take us down to our favorite burger joint every Tuesday and eat burgers. I love you dad

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

My Uncle passed away in 2005. All I knew was that he was in the hospital and was having a quadruple bypass and they put him in an induced coma. He wasn't waking up from the coma they had put him in, so they decided to pull the plug before we even got to visit him once. I wish they hadn't pulled the plug so early, he could have come out of it in a few weeks had they given him the chance.

I wish I would have gotten the opportunity to know my father. He passed away when I was 2 years young. He had a heart attack and they found him laying unconscious on the hood of car he was working on. cryani.gif

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 09:19)
QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 19:07)
pet gerbil Snuffles.

served her right.

I certainly consider my cats family members. If they died, I'd be so sad. cryani.gif

Dogs, man's best friend and an ideal family member. I owned a Yorkshire Terrier named Piattos (named after from a brand name of snacks) and I'll be crying if she dies. cryani.gif

My grandma died almost 8 years ago. I have a special bondment with my lola since I grew up with her since childhood. Died from a cardiac arrest when I was approximately 9 years old. Really missed my grandma sad.gif

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

My mother died a month before my 18th birthday on the 5th September 2010. It crushed me, it was just so sudden and I was close to my mother.

my grandmother on my dad's side died 23rd December 2012 - not a shock, she had been sick a while but still very sad, she taught me how to play cards ;cry: I missed the funeral because I had an exam on the f*cking day.

That's pretty much it

GrimeyBandz_
  • GrimeyBandz_

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

My grandmother. R.I.P Nan..

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

My grandfather died when I was 9 months old. I didn't even get to know him.

br00tal_j
  • br00tal_j

Void Leacher

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:36 AM Edited by br00tal_j, 07 April 2013 - 06:13 AM.

.......... [deleted]

Stryfaar
  • Stryfaar

#BlameGramps

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:24 AM Edited by JF-Mir2, 07 April 2013 - 07:29 AM.

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 22:59)
My grandma died almost 8 years ago. I have a special bondment with my lola since I grew up with her since childhood. Died from a cardiac arrest when I was approximately 9 years old. Really missed my grandma sad.gif

This. We almost have the same story. My grandma or rather 'Lola' (term here in the PH) died of breast cancer around 7 years ago. I feel guilty, why? I was only 6 years old, I cared more about my studies, didn't even go to her funeral cause of 'exams'. This was my reason for not going there. She lives in Manila, while I study here in the province of Aklan.

I feel bad for not being there with her during her final moments, she was the one who raised me, gave me toys, etc. I realized what I have done when I grew older. Man, I've been a terrible grandson, huh? I promised myself to not let anything like that happen again. Wasn't even 'close' to her. Was more fond of my paternal grandparents since I live with them. I really wish I talked to her more. confused.gif

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

No one in my family has died except for some great-grandparents when I was really young. None of us have even ever had any serious health problems except from my aunt who recovered from leukaemia 8 years ago. sh*t, we're tough.

Colonel_Buttfuck
  • Colonel_Buttfuck

Destroyer Of Worlds

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 07:51)
No one in my family has died except for some great-grandparents when I was really young. None of us have even ever had any serious health problems except from my aunt who recovered from leukaemia 8 years ago. sh*t, we're tough.

Norrland? wink.gif

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

My paternal grandfather died before I was even born. I wish I knew him what he's like.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:29 AM Edited by natethegreatforlife, 08 April 2013 - 10:19 AM.

pet gerbil named Snuffles.

I had a gerbil when I was 12, and I remember the day she died well. It was August 16, 2008. I was visiting my mom when I discovered my gerbil was extremely fat. Seriously, it was a f*cking circle. I remember thinking that she was going to die, but was really shocked when she finally did a couple hours later. I was crying for the next few days, I felt like I neglected her. I buried her in a box in my moms backyard, who is moving out of that house soon. My grandpa also died on August 11, 2008. It was very sudden. I remember playing GTA IV with my friend at my cabin, when I heard my mom drop the phone and start crying. She didn't tell me for about an hour because my dad wasn't there at the time and was too busy crying. When my dad finally got home, they sat me and my sister on the couch and told me my grandfather had a heart attack and died. I recall getting the tears ready, and then letting them poor out. God, I miss him to this day. He would crack an invisible egg on my head. I still do it to myself sometimes to comfort myself. I'm getting sad just typing this. My grandma, Mommom as I called her, died of lung cancer when I was 7. I remember calling her a ghost due to the chemo, I didn't understand what it was confused.gif . Me and my sister came from from my moms friends house, because my grandma had to get an important checkup. When I got home, I recall looking for my Grandma all over the house, when my grandpa said "Mommom went to heaven." I was in tears. It was my first death, and it happened when I was really young. She would cookie squares that tasted the best, and we would sit at the dining room table and play sorry. Those were the days. sad.gif

Edit: I'm also adding, when my Grandma died, I was at my mom's friends house watching a movie. I checked the clock, it was about 10:15 AM. It was a cloudy day, and rays of sun broke through clouds. I asked my dad what time she died, and he said right around 10:15 AM.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

My maternal grandfather has died 6 months before my birth. My mom keeps on saying that he was an awesome man, and about everyone says so, she even named me after him, Miron. I truly wish I could talk to him at least 1 hour, just to figure out who he is and to get to know him a little. The second person I'd love to have talked more to would be my maternal grandmother, who died in February 2010, when I was 14. Even if I spend 13+ years with her, I never really got to talk to her deeply, about her feelings and all that. Unfortunately, I only matured after she died, and I wish I could see and hear her, at least one more time. cryani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users