Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why did rockstar leeds take out of so many features?

8 replies to this topic
lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

I know they were trying to make feel more like gta iii,but the game really sucks in so many levels.No swimming,no helicopters(cheats and tricks don't count),not many interiors etc.The story is great,but the features suck compared to other gtas.So that's all I go to say.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 10:51)
I know they were trying to make feel more like gta iii,but the game really sucks in so many levels.No swimming,no helicopters(cheats and tricks don't count),not many interiors etc.The story is great,but the features suck compared to other gtas.So that's all I go to say.

I'm just guessing, but maybe it's because Liberty city was created with a certain gameplay in mind (the one in GTA III without helicopters or swimming ability), and adding those features would have made the city "unplayable". Bikes don't count, since they are just a varation of ground veichles: but being able to fly or swim would have been a problem, since rooftops and higher buildings weren't solid in GTA III and swim was restricted (since there weren't so many points when you can climb up on the city if you fall down...there was no climbing at all)... also, they stops you from reaching Ghost town, because that part of the city was never finished (and heavily glitched, too, at least in GTA III)

about the interiors, there are a couple of new ones (expecially in cut-scenes), but we're also talking about their first game on an Handled console, they did a pretty good jobs with the limited power of PSP.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

As thatstupidbug said, this is a PSP game. The other GTA's may have been better but that is because the PS2 supported extra features and the PSP couldnt

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Ok I understand,but the thing I hate is that gta vcs has like almost every feature and they dumped lcs.That's so wrong.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

I understand what you are trying to say, it is mainly due to the fact they wanted to model it like GTA III but I wouldn't say its a bad game. In fact I think that it is a very good game, especially for the PSP

tyguy27
  • tyguy27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

And lcs was the first psp game i play on ps2 and i still like it but in vcs they had more expirience in handheld games so they expanded the udea. My personnel favorite is vice city though

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

And lcs was the first psp game i play on ps2 and i still like it but in vcs they had more expirience in handheld games so they expanded the udea. My personnel favorite is vice city though

You've hit the nail on the head tyguy27 - the only reason GTA VCS had more features is because they had more experience developing for PSP. Same reason GTA SA has more features that GTA III - they pushed the PS2 to the max! :^:

Phillipino0418
  • Phillipino0418

Simple Modders

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

Can i use mobile in this game like in GTA IV & EFLC & V ?

xXMaDEInAuSXx
  • xXMaDEInAuSXx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

I was a little pissed about this too.
But the fact that you can swim in vcs and not lcs is pretty silly.
makes it worse its only on ps2 and psp they only way to mod on ps2 would be to burn a 2nd copy and replace the img file or something (providing the playstation is modded)

i want it on pc but theres no chance theres only 3rd party ports which are meh.
At least gta 5s coming on pc next year :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users