Liberty City Today

20 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Let's say that Rockstar had one reason or another to make a modern-day game set in the glorious III-era Liberty City. What do you think it would be like? Who would live there? What would be changed? Here, you can just let your creativity flow and think about what would happen if they continued the III-era Liberty City into the modern day. Personally, I would think:

*The Fort Staunton Plaza is finally constructed and the Cartel leaves the area. It looks friggin' beautiful and it's one of the tallest buildings in the city.
*That ugly patch of land north of Hepburn Heights has been developed as low-income single family homes, much like those found in South Central L.A.
*The Mayor grows some balls and gets rid of the ban on Motorcycles. Bikers everywhere rejoice.
*The construction site in St. Marks finally gets finished. The new building constructed there looks exactly the same as the others.
*The LCPD upgrades their fleet of cars to Buffalos and Cruisers (Of course, this is implying that IV-era vehicles can exist in the III-era universe)
*Atlantic Quays now has an underground rave club (like the one seen in "The Chaperone")
*Donald Love returns from a vacation in Jamacia with the oriental gentleman (assuming he's alive). He gains ties with the Liberty City politicians and secretly runs the city with an iron fist.

So, what do you guys think? Keep in mind, this is all for fun! sigh.gif

Big Remi
  • Big Remi

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

Great idea! Here's mine:

*The tunnels are reconnected and lead both upstate and to the ghost town.
*A road is built finally allowing access to the observatory.
*All buildings would now be solid from top to bottom and have solid rooftops.
*The Triads and Diablos would be in a bloody turf war for control of Saint Marks.
*The late great Odie's interstate highway mod would be included as a tribute complete with AI traffic.
*After many years of debate, the ban on fully winged aircraft and helicopters is lifted.
*The mountain range from Portland to Shoreside Vale now looks like a proper mountain range and is of course solid, complete with hidden bonuses.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Good ideas. I would love to have seen III's Liberty City evolved 10 years later.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

*Joey Leone finds an airplane with cut-off wings, and decides to fix it.
*New roads built in Shoreside Vale, driving time cut in half.
*Gang of homeless people in tunnel banned.
*"You weren't supposed to be able to get here, you know" - strange writing found by a paratrooper.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

Good thread. I'd say it all sounds right.

But one I wonder looks like now is GTA IV's Liberty City. I wonder what Yusif Amier's "Amier Tower" looks like. My guess is that the building will look like the new World Trade Center, and in IV's LC, that is where the Twin Towers (different name in LC of course) were. I hope someone makes a mod that puts the concept of the Amier Tower in, making it look like the new World Trade Center building.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

Great thread mate. icon14.gif

But am I creative enough to come up with anything. Of course not. lol.gif

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Nice thread, twister. cookie.gif cookie.gif
  • Luigi's Club have been bought by another guy and he have re-modified it and now it looks f*cking awesome.
  • Salvatore's mansion now belongs to Claude.
  • The Triad fish factory have been rebuilt.
  • The Harwood Crusher have been modified and now it looks more modern.
  • 8-Ball have now started an island wide bomb shop business and now has earned a lotta money.

CJs Sphincter
  • CJs Sphincter

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

The ferry port is completely revamped.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:09 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 12 April 2013 - 09:27 PM.

QUOTE (CJs Sphincter @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 18:13)
The ferry port is completely revamped.

Ferry Port? This is GTA III not LCS. The Ferry port is gone and I don't think it's coming back

Anyway:
1. Fort Staunton re-built
2. Redesigned Shoreside Vale (better road layout)
3. Have Ghost Town expanded and attached to the city

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:02 PM Edited by WhistleBlower, 13 April 2013 - 07:37 PM.

Toni Cipriani is the Don of the Leone Family, running the mafia from Toni's Gentlemen's Club (previously Salvatore's).
Staunton Plaza in Fort Staunton has completed construction.
Donald Love and the old oriental gentleman now reside in Vice City.
Traffic now moves freely from Shoreside Vale to Upstate Liberty.
The Diablos lost control of Hepburn Heights to the Leone Family.
The Yakuza gained control of Fort Staunton and Newport from the Uptown Yardies.
Claude gives out a couple side missions from his North West Towers safehouse in Shoreside Vale.
Maria Latore is alive but is no longer a love interest of Claude. She now resides in San Andreas.
Darkel gives out missions from inside the subway station near Francis International Airport.
The Cedar Ridge Observatory in Shoreside Vale is accessible. It is littered with garbage, graffiti and the homeless.

CJs Sphincter
  • CJs Sphincter

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 22:36)
Let's say that Rockstar had one reason or another to make a modern-day game set in the glorious III-era Liberty City. What do you think it would be like? Who would live there? What would be changed? Here, you can just let your creativity flow and think about what would happen if they continued the III-era Liberty City into the modern day. Personally, I would think:

*The Fort Staunton Plaza is finally constructed and the Cartel leaves the area. It looks friggin' beautiful and it's one of the tallest buildings in the city.
*That ugly patch of land north of Hepburn Heights has been developed as low-income single family homes, much like those found in South Central L.A.
*The Mayor grows some balls and gets rid of the ban on Motorcycles. Bikers everywhere rejoice.
*The construction site in St. Marks finally gets finished. The new building constructed there looks exactly the same as the others.
*The LCPD upgrades their fleet of cars to Buffalos and Cruisers (Of course, this is implying that IV-era vehicles can exist in the III-era universe)
*Atlantic Quays now has an underground rave club (like the one seen in "The Chaperone")
*Donald Love returns from a vacation in Jamacia with the oriental gentleman (assuming he's alive). He gains ties with the Liberty City politicians and secretly runs the city with an iron fist.

So, what do you guys think? Keep in mind, this is all for fun!  sigh.gif

I like your ideas! Somebody REALLY needs to make a map mod of III's LC in 2013.
Tunnels complete, more houses, a passage up to the observatory, an effing huge mansion of Salvatore's a complete construction site and generally nicer structures would make for one treat of a mod.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

• claude traded in his pager for a cell phone. He regrets throwing his pager out because auto correct keeps messing up his messages.
  • Claude finally learned how to swim...without floaties.
that's all I got for now. I will try to think of more later.

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (WhistleBlower @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 13:02)
Toni Cipriani is the Don of the Leone Family, running the mafia from Toni's Gentlemen's Club (previously Salvatore's).
Staunton Plaza in Fort Staunton has completed construction.
Donald Love and the old oriental gentleman now reside in Vice City.
Traffic now moves freely from Shoreside Vale to Upstate Liberty.
The Diablos lost control of Hepburn Heights to the Leone Family.
The Yakuza gained control of Fort Staunton and Newport from the Uptown Yardies.
Claude gives out a couple side missions from his North West Towers safehouse in Shoreside Vale.
Maria Latore is alive but is no longer a love interest of Claude. She now resides in San Andreas.
Darkel gives out missions from inside the subway station near Francis International Airport.
The Cedar Ridge Observatory in Shoreside Vale is accessible. It is littered with garbage, graffiti and the homeless.

Any thoughts on mine?

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (WhistleBlower @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 17:21)
Any thoughts on mine?

Good ideas. I def could see Toni taking over. Not sure about The Diablos losing territory to the Mafia though, the Mafia seem to be in a constant gang war with the Triads and always losing members as a result.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Member Title? Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

People would have a protest on the ban of bikes and the government decides to unban bikes, Wayne's biker gang is now back.

Michael5074
  • Michael5074

High Ranked Gangster

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (018361 @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 06:00)
  • claude traded in his pager for a cell phone. He regrets throwing his pager out because auto correct keeps messing up his messages.

claude uses the money that he originally gave catalina for an operation so that he can talk again !

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Michael5074 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 20:24)
QUOTE (018361 @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 06:00)

claude uses the money that he originally gave catalina for an operation so that he can talk again !

There is no proof that Claude cannot speak. He just chooses not to. dozingoff.gif

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

Here's my theories.

1. Toni Cipriani becomes head of the Leone Family shortly after Sal dies. After playing LCS and then replaying III, I no longer buy into the idea that the Leones collapsed completely after Sal died. Sure, they're weakened, but their two biggest enemies (The Cartel and the Triads) are in no position to take over either. The Cartel have been irreversibly ruined by Claude and the Yakuza, while the Triads are crippled by the loss of their leaders, the destruction of the Fish Factory, and their biggest ally in the city (the Cartel), so they're worse off than the Leones and are in no position to take over Saint Marks. I don't see the Leones expanding after Sal's death, but I could see them still holding onto Saint Marks. Toni seems to be a competent enough leader to hold onto the assets the Leone Family still have left. Even the Yakuza, the only gang still powerful enough to challenge the Leones, are currently leaderless and unlike the Leones, there is no clear successor to Asuka or Kenji. The Leones are weakened, but all they lost was Salvatore and two vans. Toni Cipriani is clearly next in line to become Don, and the Triads, Yakuza, or Cartel are not in any position to take over Portland.

2. That being said, with the Triads weakened, I could see the Diablos trying to make a move on Chinatown and warring with the Triads. If we count the payphone missions, Claude helped out the Diablos a lot, and they could go from a weak gang controlling a mere housing project to actually expanding into Chinatown and becoming a viable criminal powerhouse.

3. Kanbu, the Yakuza soldier that Claude rescues from the police, becomes head of the Yakuza, but is unable to expand Yakuza operations further due to the ongoing war with the Yardies and possibly the Red Jacks, who wish to keep the Yakuza out of Wichita Gardens. The Yakuza and Leones are the two most powerful gangs in Liberty City, but are both weaker than they were in LCS and the beginning of III. Neither of them expand past their home island, so the Leones stay in Portland, while the Yakuza stay based in Staunton with some holdings in Shoreside Vale.

4. Donald Love returns to Liberty City now that the Colombian Cartel is finished.

5. The Colombian Cartel, Purple Nines, Forelli Brothers, Sindacco Family, Liberty City Bikers, Sicilian Mafia, and Avenging Angels have lost any and all territory, assets, or influence in Liberty City. All of the gangs with the exception of the Sicilian Mafia have been wiped out entirely.

6. The Red Jacks are not weakened by the events of III, and in fact, have grown stronger now that the Purple Nines are gone and they have a lot of platinum. All the other gangs have been weakened to some degree or another, with the Yakuza and Leones ostensibly being the least weakened of the gangs, and the Triads being the hardest hit.

7. Ray Machowski is living comfortably in Vice City

8. Maria La Torra is dead. Police assumed she was murdered by the Cartel

9. Claude Speed left Liberty City shortly after the events of "The Exchange", presumably back home to San Andreas.

10. 8 Ball is still running his business and is still on good terms with the Leones.

11. Joey Leone is now Underboss of the Leone Family under Toni Cipriani's rule, Luigi Goterelli has become Consigliere, and Mickey Hamfists was promoted to the rank of Capo, with a crew overlooking the Red Light District and making sure that the violence between the Triads and Diablos remains confined to Chinatown and Hepburn Heights.

12. The SPANK Dealer, the Diablo Pimp, Mike Forelli and his brothers, Chunky Lee Chong, the Triad Warlords, Curly Bob, Salvatore Leone, Tanner, Leon McAffey, Kenji Kasen, Miguel, Asuka Kasen, Catalina Vialpando, and Maria La Torra are all dead.

13. Claude Speed and Ray Machowski are alive, but no longer present in Liberty City. Donald Love also left, only to return.

14. 8-Ball, Luigi Goterelli, Mickey Hamfists, Misty, Joey Leone, Ma Cipriani, Toni Cipriani, Kanbu, Yuka Kasen, El Burro, D-Ice, King Courtney, and Donald Love are all still alive.

15. The ban on motorcycles is repealed in 2003

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

Very good theories above. I see that Toni would be the next Don of the Leones, but what about Joey? He's a legit Leone.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Fisciletti @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 02:25)
Very good theories above. I see that Toni would be the next Don of the Leones, but what about Joey? He's a legit Leone.

According to LCS, Joey Leone isn't as involved in the Leone Family as Toni or Luigi, so I don't think he'd become Don. However, I could see him becoming a Capo or Underboss to Toni.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

^Fair enough. Osric you have some very good ideas. It would be great to see them actually implemented in the game icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users