Worst Rockstar Game?

144 replies to this topic
Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (ThirstyHyena @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 16:44)
Agent, so unpolished..

That's funny. Say a game is bad but we know pretty much nothing about it.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Of the Grand theft Autos I thought II was pretty bad. I liked the idea, but it was no fun to play. Maybe I just got a bad impression by playing it on PC.

GTA Advance gets way too much hate in my opinion. The game was a nice idea, and it was definitely a great game on GBA when you consider the sea of crap that are GBA games (when you don't count Nintendo titles.)

Anyone who says Chinatown Wars and hasn't played it on the DS should try it on the DS and reconsider. It was incredibly fun to play, and once again was great for a mobile game.

And I haven't played it, but Red Dead Revolver looks pretty boring from the gameplay videos I've seen.

VProductions
  • VProductions

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

I hated GTA2, it was just storyless and repetitive.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (VProductions @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 00:56)

For a game released in the 90's, You can't expect much really.

For me it was a pretty good game for it's time but playing it like after more than 10 years after it's release, You can never really get into it.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 13:57)

I think you're getting confused with graphics. Game developers in the 90's were perfectly capable of very good storylines, take Rare for example. They were a huge game company of the 90's and produced games such as Conker's Bad Fur day and Donkey Kong Country, both games that had great storylines.

Graphics were the real killer back then, most systems just weren't powerful enough to handle large open-world expanses.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (VProductions @ Tuesday, Apr 16 2013, 19:26)

Easily the best GTA game ever.

I always wanted an updated version. I'm sorry but you just cant get a more bad ass set of gangs, Krishna, Scientists, the f*cking loonies? Pure own.

Right now I would have to present Red Dead Redemption. If you exclude the game engine and the awesome mp free roam, mostly in terms of the storyline and most areas of the map. I just thought it was extremely boring as f*ck. More tedious GTA4 style movement, though improved it still was sluggish as sh*t. Story was a pile of crap.

Max Payne 3 was also a pisspoor effort. I really enjoyed the game engine and physics and overall shooting mechanics, but everything else I just hated with a passion. This would be a great game to be repackaged into a different theme, just like Ubisoft just did with Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Realize the mistake then fix it and make it what we all were hoping to get.

Rockstar table tennis was a c*nt too. I had the demo when it first game out and I loved it. I bought it because for some reason the demo timed out and you could no longer play it. As soon as I got the full game it was insanely harder than the demo, even on easiest difficulty, so I never played it again.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 19:52)
Conker's Bad Fur day.

Um, what?

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
It is Rare's last game for that console, released on March 5, 2001 in North America, and on April 6, 2001 in Europe

But lzw is still right, you had MGS and FF7 being released in the 90s which had great plots. the storyline could have passed in the 80s maybe.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Well whaddayaknow? Good pick up AceRay icon14.gif , thought the game was older.

Still hasn't aged a bit. inlove.gif

But yeah, my point still stands. There was a whole heaps of games in the 90's had amazing storylines, I might even go as far as saying many of them are better than today's. ph34r.gif

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 03:57)

For me it was a pretty good game for it's time but playing it like after more than 10 years after it's release, You can never really get into it.

GTA 2 had some of the best missions of the series. I can play it now and still enjoy it.

Smugglers Run was sh*t, but it was one of the first games I had on PS2, and we had our own fun with it.

If I had to say, GTA Advance is probably the worst, but does it even qualify? I don't really rate portable games.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 21:24)
Smuggler's Run. That game was boring as hell.

I actually liked Smugglers Run Dunno why i just liked it

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 21:09)
Max Payne 3.

nuff

/topic

Why, may I ask?
I honestly think it's one of the best games this gen, and definitely not Rockstar's worst game ever. smile.gif

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 07:02)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 21:09)
Max Payne 3.

nuff

/topic

Why, may I ask?
I honestly think it's one of the best games this gen, and definitely not Rockstar's worst game ever. smile.gif

Since he is temp-banned, I'll answer it for him, I actually asked him via pm and he said he just didn't like the game, It just sits on his desk. I don't know what he's got against the game, It's definitely one of Rockstar's best games after RDR and GTA IMO.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Chillin' in LS, yo!

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 01:43)
GTA Advance.

This and GTA 2

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 07:09)
Right now I would have to present Red Dead Redemption. If you exclude the game engine and the awesome mp free roam, mostly in terms of the storyline and most areas of the map. I just thought it was extremely boring as f*ck. More tedious GTA4 style movement, though improved it still was sluggish as sh*t. Story was a pile of crap.

Max Payne 3 was also a pisspoor effort. I really enjoyed the game engine and physics and overall shooting mechanics, but everything else I just hated with a passion. This would be a great game to be repackaged into a different theme, just like Ubisoft just did with Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Realize the mistake then fix it and make it what we all were hoping to get.

My thoughts exactly on this topic.

One of my major gripes with Max Payne 3 was it didn't feel like a Max Payne game. Didn't seem to have that same dark, disturbed element to it that made the first one in particular to be so good.

And Red Dead i was never, ever able to get into.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:05)
QUOTE (Daz @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 07:09)

My thoughts exactly on this topic.

One of my major gripes with Max Payne 3 was it didn't feel like a Max Payne game. Didn't seem to have that same dark, disturbed element to it that made the first one in particular to be so good.

Doesn't mean they're "the worst Rockstar game". They absolutely don't deserve this a bit, even if your opinion is otherwise. Ever heard of this?

user posted image

THIS might be the worst Rockstar game, not Red Dead Redemption or Max Payne 3.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Max Payne 3, some major game design flaws.

The game punishes you for rushing, and playing like the old games. They want you to use cover and slow motion, or else you die.

f*cking boring sitting behind stuff

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:19)
Doesn't mean they're "the worst Rockstar game". They absolutely don't deserve this a bit, even if your opinion is otherwise. Ever heard of this?

But this is a forum, and my opinion is all i have to offer...

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:29)

Then you suggest Beaterator, or anything similar to that Rockstar has released, is better than RDR and MP3? No offence, but that's not an opinion - that's retardness.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:20)
Max Payne 3, some major game design flaws.

The game punishes you for rushing

And that's a bad thing?

Grove Street Balla
  • Grove Street Balla

Kakashi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

There's many unknown Rockstar games that were just crap.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:07)

Then you suggest Beaterator, or anything similar to that Rockstar has released, is better than RDR and MP3? No offence, but that's not an opinion - that's retardness.

Sorry i forgot my opinion is invalid unless it agrees with your own.
Next time i will PM you first and make sure its ok with you to state my opinion.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 15:02)

Next time i will PM you first and make sure its ok with you to state my opinion.

^ lol biggrin.gif

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 18:02)

You're on a forum lurking with narrow-minded people. (Not particularly Zancudo), what are you expecting mate? smile.gif

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:05)

I've always thought this. Always looked pretty good when I watched others play it, but I could never enjoy paying it myself.

As for the worse Rockstar game, I can't decide to be honest; like I couldn't necessarily decide which was the best.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (NathanT @ Monday, May 13 2013, 20:14)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:05)

I've always thought this. Always looked pretty good when I watched others play it, but I could never enjoy paying it myself.

Wow, I'm so glad someone agrees with me. I bought it a year ago before going away to university with the hopes of having a "final" XBOX experience before going away for nearly a year. I stopped at the Mexico campaign. It's a good game, just never got into it. There's WAAY too much to do which kind of irritates me. I came home a few weeks back and I've only played one mission on it... I still just rather play an Exhibition game on FIFA. lol.gif

As for R*'s worst game... not sure, I didn't really like Midnight Club. Not into that type of racing game (street racing).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users