Photo

Worst Rockstar Game?

144 replies to this topic
Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 18:10)
QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 06:07)
QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 00:49)
San Andreas

Not joking either, it's an overrated game that just sets the standards to high...

I never thought of it that way. You could be right, it's San Andreas' fault that all the other games are inferior. There for, we should hate GTASA for being the overachiever that it is.

He could mean the standards it set clouds the minds of its fanboys who aren't willing to appreciate other GTA games even if they're (on a content basis) not as equipped as SA wink.gif .

Honestly speaking in the whole time I've been here this forum has done more harm than good for my perception of it. It's like the release of GTA IV brought out all the idiots from under their rocks. Decent SA fans like you aren't who I'm talking about however.

I wish I loved SA like I used to, but over time it's deterioated thanks to the idiots that think every nook and cranny is perfect. I'm glad I'm no longer a teenager and see it from a much wiser point of view. It's simply not that great (to me). It gets boring after half an hour and I realise how much of an annoying tool CJ is.

In saying that it doesn't deserve to be called R*'s worst game, but to those that it is each to their own.

Agreed. For such a great and amazing game for it's time, It's sad to see fanboys ruining it's name.(Well I used to be one too.)There's this one guy who shall not be named keeps posting in the GTA Series Chat section saying everything about SA is perfect and it kinda wants me to punch the idiot on the face.

Well, Every Rockstar game rocks for me. I think that GTA Chinatown Wars could have been a lot better but you can't expect much from a DS version. GTA Advance was definitely bad graphically but it is a really fun game. The only thing that I hate on Rockstar's part is that they didn't release RDR on PC. I mean come on man, I can't buy a console just for that masterpiece. sad.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

I know it isn't really counted as a full game, but I hated The Ballad Of Gay Tony with a fiery passion.

The game is just so... douchey. We're playing as Luiz who is by far the worst protagonist in GTA history. What an asshole of a douchebag he is. Doing booty calls and clubbing, you expect me to enjoy playing as this f*cking douchebag? I did like Tony though, he was quite entertaining.

Then there's the whole theme of the game. Ugh playing through the story just makes me hate myself. I thoroughly enjoyed the hell outta The Lost and Damned, I feel it's the better of the two. But nope, majority of the fans see it the other way.

Johan
  • Johan

R.I.P Oscar Taveras

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

In my opinion I believed Vice City Stories was by far the worst GTA I have ever played(and their worst game ever) it felt clunky with all the weird animations, the cutscenes looked like I was watching a cartoon.

Even Liberty City Stories was better

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Come with me! Move it!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

The Ballad Of Gay Tony.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:19 PM Edited by lol232, 06 April 2013 - 04:27 PM.

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 16:00)
People who say VCS or Max Payne are the worst games made by Rockstar, are probably the biggest hipsters (and idiots) in their towns.

Same applies to L.A. Noire.
Hell, for me it's the 4th Best R* Game (After GTA VC, GTA III and GTA IV).

I gotta go with Advance, the game is great, but I just kind if dislike that they made turns on roads squarey and not round.

I do like GTA Advance, not as much as other R*'s games.

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 15:57)
San Andreas

Not joking either, it's an overrated game that just sets the standards to high...

I never thought of it that way. You could be right, it's San Andreas' fault that all the other games are inferior. There for, we should hate GTASA for being the overachiever that it is.

He could mean the standards it set clouds the minds of its fanboys who aren't willing to appreciate other GTA games even if they're (on a content basis) not as equipped as SA wink.gif .

Honestly speaking in the whole time I've been here this forum has done more harm than good for my perception of it. It's like the release of GTA IV brought out all the idiots from under their rocks. Decent SA fans like you aren't who I'm talking about however.

I wish I loved SA like I used to, but over time it's deterioated thanks to the idiots that think every nook and cranny is perfect. I'm glad I'm no longer a teenager and see it from a much wiser point of view. It's simply not that great (to me). It gets boring after half an hour and I realise how much of an annoying tool CJ is.

In saying that it doesn't deserve to be called R*'s worst game, but to those that it is each to their own.

Agreed. For such a great and amazing game for it's time, It's sad to see fanboys ruining it's name.(Well I used to be one too.)There's this one guy who shall not be named keeps posting in the GTA Series Chat section saying everything about SA is perfect and it kinda wants me to punch the idiot on the face.

Well, Every Rockstar game rocks for me. I think that GTA Chinatown Wars could have been a lot better but you can't expect much from a DS version. GTA Advance was definitely bad graphically but it is a really fun game. The only thing that I hate on Rockstar's part is that they didn't release RDR on PC. I mean come on man, I can't buy a console just for that masterpiece. sad.gif

Yeah, I know that guy.
I completely agree with MVC, sometimes I feel like the only one who plays SA in a hardcore way, still thinking SA is way too overrated.

Half of the sh*t SA had, were useless, yet, fanboys still keep saying that is what makes the game better.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 04:28)
I know it isn't really counted as a full game, but I hated The Ballad Of Gay Tony with a fiery passion.

The game is just so... douchey. We're playing as Luiz who is by far the worst protagonist in GTA history. What an asshole of a douchebag he is. Doing booty calls and clubbing, you expect me to enjoy playing as this f*cking douchebag? I did like Tony though, he was quite entertaining.

Then there's the whole theme of the game. Ugh playing through the story just makes me hate myself. I thoroughly enjoyed the hell outta The Lost and Damned, I feel it's the better of the two. But nope, majority of the fans see it the other way.

If I had a penny for everytime I complained about TBOGT on these forums, I'd have enough money to retire comfortably.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 12:40)
San Andreas

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I probably should have worded my statement better.

On topic: I don't understand all this hate towards L.A Noire. It wasn't even a Rockstar game, let alone supposed to be "GTA as a cop" as most people thought it would be. It had such an intriguing story line (actually the BEST story for a video game I've ever played), with a fair few levels I had difficulty completing, adding to the challenge. Although not as great as the GTA series, my first playthrough I enjoyed more than my IV first playthrough.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 02:02)
Oh yeah I also despise The Ballad of Gay Tony. I wouldn't go as far as saying its Rockstar's worst game but I do hate it.

May I ask why you dislike it?

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 12:54)
On topic: I don't understand all this hate towards L.A Noire. It wasn't even a Rockstar game, let alone supposed to be "GTA as a cop" as most people thought it would be. It had such an intriguing story line (actually the BEST story for a video game I've ever played), with a fair few levels I had difficulty completing, adding to the challenge. Although not as great as the GTA series, my first playthrough I enjoyed more than my IV first playthrough.

LA Noire was an interesting concept however I wish it had more of R*'s touch. Exceptionally detailed, but the city was so dead. Like a giant movie set.

Nothing like the worlds of GTA IV and RDR. I didn't mind it wasn't so "open world" because it wasn't the idea behind it. Hopefully if there's a sequel R* do it all themselves.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 12:05)
Oh yeah I also despise The Ballad of Gay Tony. I wouldn't go as far as saying its Rockstar's worst game but I do hate it.

No you may not. tounge2.gif

I hate it because it is just so stupid. The protagonist is my least favourite type of person in the world, an arrogant douchebag who is practically asking to be punched in the face. They turned Ray Bulgarin, a respectable, serious villain in IV into an over-the-top twat who plays the guitar. Characters like Yusuf Amir are only funny to preteen kids who have only played the Ballad.

The game ruined the dark grittiness of GTA 4's rendition of Liberty City. It just felt like an unneeded game. TLAD is awesome and is up there with IV in my opinion, I think they should have either left it at that DLC or chosen a different perspective of the story, possibly Ray Bulgarin or an unseen character in one of the European mafias, not a stuck-up Dominican and his idiotic friends.

More features doesn't mean a better game, and The Ballad of Gay Tony demonstrated this perfectly. The APC and parachutes were unneeded and unrealistic, and realism was something Rockstar were actually aiming for with IV and TLAD. The Ballad just ruined it for me.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 19:32)
QUOTE (The General @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 12:05)

No you may not. tounge2.gif

I hate it because it is just so stupid. The protagonist is my least favourite type of person in the world, an arrogant douchebag who is practically asking to be punched in the face. They turned Ray Bulgarin, a respectable, serious villain in IV into an over-the-top twat who plays the guitar. Characters like Yusuf Amir are only funny to preteen kids who have only played the Ballad.

The game ruined the dark grittiness of GTA 4's rendition of Liberty City. It just felt like an unneeded game. TLAD is awesome and is up there with IV in my opinion, I think they should have either left it at that DLC or chosen a different perspective of the story, possibly Ray Bulgarin or an unseen character in one of the European mafias, not a stuck-up Dominican and his idiotic friends.

More features doesn't mean a better game, and The Ballad of Gay Tony demonstrated this perfectly. The APC and parachutes were unneeded and unrealistic, and realism was something Rockstar were actually aiming for with IV and TLAD. The Ballad just ruined it for me.

I see where you were coming from here. The Ballad was a quick change from what IV and TLAD had been playing up. The gritty realism and dark stories disappear right when TBoGT starts up. It was like R* had been trying to be really mature through all of IV but then gave up and let all of their fun out in TBoGT. Yusef is pretty annoying I'll admit.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

You guys make me glad I never gave in and bought TBoGT..

I bought TLaD and felt a bit let down, like it was just a half assed add on. TBoGT looked alot better with all the new toys to play around with, but being the same city and bland looking characters I was never really intrigued to buy it. I guess it was a good gut instinct from the looks of it.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 16:26)
I bought TLaD and felt a bit let down, like it was just a half assed add on.

I'd hate to see what you think of many other companies' DLC if you that TLAD was half assed in terms of content.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

I found TBOGT way more better than TLAD.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

The glorified tech demo they named IV. I don't think any other rockstar game has caused such a stir within the community in terms of delivering in some forms and not in others. Then add ontop of that the palava of the shoody pc port witch actually caused a rockstar representative to sign up on the site for a support based role.
Once the wow factor wore off there wasn't much to it.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:41 AM Edited by Tycek, 09 April 2013 - 03:54 PM.

This topic is kind of faulty, because OP haven't stated what does he mean by Rockstar. Are we suppose to pick the worst games published by Rockstar Games or the worst game made by one of the companies united under Rockstar Games wings like Rockstar North, Leeds, Toronto, etc?

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:06 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 07 April 2013 - 01:13 PM.

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 08:33)
The glorified tech demo they named IV. I don't think any other rockstar game has caused such a stir within the community in terms of delivering in some forms and not in others. Then add ontop of that the palava of the shoody pc port witch actually caused a rockstar representative to sign up on the site for a support based role.
Once the wow factor wore off there wasn't much to it.

You know before i typed out MC LA i actually wanted to say GTA IV, i just got put off by the possible sh*t storm that could have entered the thread about how GTA IV is a master piece and a technological wonder. I actually agree, IV sucked, although i liked the driving and running people over, that was great. Everything else fealt clunky, unresponsive, unfinished, slow and half hearted.

EDIT : Not sure what i mean by everything else, because there really was nothing to the game, apart from the story line..

ThirstyHyena
  • ThirstyHyena

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Agent, so unpolished..

the utah dude
  • the utah dude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 07:57)
San Andreas

Yes... pretty much like when san andreas came out, the vice city fanboy did say the same thing as with san andreas now, so what you saying here is not really new at all.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 17:13)

But you see, it isn't.

The way I see it GTA IV is like GTA 3, it has the dark, grittiness of Liberty City that Rockstar created back in 2001 with their first fully 3D third person shooter. Then you have The Lost and Damned which is like Red Dead Redemption. It's an epic story of a man who started off with nothing, with hard work got to the top and then lost it all in a matter of days. This game is clearly the storyline-orientated game if the three versions if GTA 4. Last of all there is The Ballad of Gay Tony, this is GTA San Andreas with its all-out craziness.

But that's the problem.
The craziness was good in San Andreas, that's exactly what Rockstar was aiming for with the game. It just felt like that was the way that the game was meant to be. But with The Ballad of Gay Tony it just didn't seem appropriate. They'd created a definite sense of realism and sadness with GTA IV and The Lost and Damned and any wackiness in The Ballad of Gay Tony just seemed inappropriate for both the city and the characters in the game.

As I said earlier, more features doesn't mean a better game and The Ballad of Gay Tony is by far the perfect example. The parachutes were unneeded, the APC was unneeded, the nightclubs were unneeded, HELL the entire point of view of Luis' was unneeded. The list could go on and on. It just felt like Rockstar were going for a more is more approach with thin game but to be honest I think that they f*cked it up beautifully.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 22:16)

But you see, it isn't.

The way I see it GTA IV is like GTA 3, it has the dark, grittiness of Liberty City that Rockstar created back in 2001 with their first fully 3D third person shooter. Then you have The Lost and Damned which is like Red Dead Redemption. It's an epic story of a man who started off with nothing, with hard work got to the top and then lost it all in a matter of days. This game is clearly the storyline-orientated game if the three versions if GTA 4. Last of all there is The Ballad of Gay Tony, this is GTA San Andreas with its all-out craziness.

But that's the problem.
The craziness was good in San Andreas, that's exactly what Rockstar was aiming for with the game. It just felt like that was the way that the game was meant to be. But with The Ballad of Gay Tony it just didn't seem appropriate. They'd created a definite sense of realism and sadness with GTA IV and The Lost and Damned and any wackiness in The Ballad of Gay Tony just seemed inappropriate for both the city and the characters in the game.

As I said earlier, more features doesn't mean a better game and The Ballad of Gay Tony is by far the perfect example. The parachutes were unneeded, the APC was unneeded, the nightclubs were unneeded, HELL the entire point of view of Luis' was unneeded. The list could go on and on. It just felt like Rockstar were going for a more is more approach with thin game but to be honest I think that they f*cked it up beautifully.

Should have done a DLC about Gordon Sargent instead. There was so much unused potentiel with him.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 22:42)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 22:16)

But you see, it isn't.

But that's the problem.

Should have done a DLC about Gordon Sargent instead. There was so much unused potentiel with him.

Absolutely. There was potential for so many different points of view for the sake storyline that were wasted when Rockstar released The Ballad of Gay Tony.

As you mentioned, Gordon would have been a good option, but I also think that an unnamed thug in either the Albanian Mon or the Pegorino Family would have been a clever idea and also could have opened new doors and opportunities.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 22:43)
Chinatown Wars

Dude.. it's a great game. Not the best GTA though but some of the gameplay elements are awesome, like the drug dealing. This needs to be implemented in V.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 08:01)
QUOTE (billy james @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 22:43)
Chinatown Wars

Dude.. it's a great game. Not the best GTA though but some of the gameplay elements are awesome, like the drug dealing. This needs to be implemented in V.

Yeah, agreed. Considering the limitations of the DS, I think they did a good job with it.

Colonel_Buttfuck
  • Colonel_Buttfuck

Destroyer Of Worlds

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Being my very first "Next Gen" game, I thought IV was a masterpiece back in the days. It was years later that I realized how mediocre LC is to play around in. Gray, dark and almost no mini games. Huge downstep from sunny and entertaining San Andreas. This is why I think V will stand superior to IV in many different ways.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 21:20)
QUOTE (Libertyking @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 20:13)
GTA Advance.

Enough said icon14.gif

+1 icon14.gif

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 21:09)
Max Payne 3.

nuff

/topic

Blasphemy.

Max Payne 3 is on par with GTA SA + IV for me, in terms of addicting gameplay.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 01:16)

But you see, it isn't.

But that's the problem.

Hard choice. Every game was good. I'mma have to go with GTA IV. I don't think it's bad. IMO it's above average, but it missed a lot of fun after story mode has been completed.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Manhunt 2 was so dissapointing, but I still enjoyed playing it.

SickBoi
  • SickBoi

Formerly, KFranchise. THESE MODS CANT CONTROL ME

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:52 PM Edited by KFranchise, 13 April 2013 - 02:55 PM.

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 16:09)
Max Payne 3.

nuff

/topic

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users