» «
Photo

Complaints about Rockstar's

92 replies to this topic
Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by Hvitdverg, 03 April 2013 - 07:28 PM.

I've seen alot of people complaining about Rockstar's marketing lately.
So I thought I'd give some of you guys a reminder.

So far we have seen this.
80+ Screenshots has been released so far.
Boxart
Two trailers
GameInformer's has done a massive article on GTA V.

How much do we really want to see of the game?
Do YOU want Rockstar to spoil the experience for you?

I bet the answer is NO, and therefor I think people who feel targeted should stop complaining.

Rockstar are doing a fantastic job on marketing their game, even though it's been SLOW.

When Rockstar releases the third trailer, I certainly hope it will not explore to much of the map. Hopefully they will show us improved game mechanics for minor spoilers.
user posted image

chop chop
  • chop chop

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Bro............. We want more

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (chop chop @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 18:58)
Bro............. We want more

Bro, we all want more. But we have had PLENTY. Just saying people should stop complainting

Punk-in-Drublic
  • Punk-in-Drublic

We had dreams and songs to sing

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

It's not even slow marketing either, the game comes out in September, they're going to start smashing it over the next few months.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Only pessimistic idiots would want more. More artworks and minor information is not a problem, but anything else is just ridiculous. I've gotta admit we have the WORST fanbase, even worse than the COD fanbase.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Wreckless Jake @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 19:00)
It's not even slow marketing either, the game comes out in September, they're going to start smashing it over the next few months.

Obviously I mean slow marketing since October 2011 smile.gif

Jon_Gravelli
  • Jon_Gravelli

Techno-Freak

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Not trying to be rude to the people on the forums, but it's a game, and it will come out soon. Why sit there complaining all the time that their marketing is too slow? It won't make the wait any faster, it most likely just make you more impatient. I'm assuming most you you guys here have jobs to keep you occupied, among other games as well. I swear some of the people treat GTA V like a damn religion or something.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Agree totally OP!!!

And btw, all I want/care to see is "GTAV COMING" or "GTA6 IN DEVELOPMENT" !!! That's all they need to say for me to get excited and buy their games lol! I don't need to see screenshots or trailers or box art or whatever!!

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

Ex 'Really Famous Games Dev Company' Employee

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Then you are clearly a mindless consumer drone who's unable to think for himself^

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (JOKA22 @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 19:11)
Then you are clearly a mindless consumer drone who's unable to think for himself^

Yet you claim to have bought all the GTA's and you STILL complain about the marketing. f*cking hypocrite. In fact your kind of opposite to a fan. Yeah.

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 19:01)
Only pessimistic idiots would want more. More artworks and minor information is not a problem, but anything else is just ridiculous. I've gotta admit we have the WORST fanbase, even worse than the COD fanbase.

Why is it that when I say this I get like 5 replies telling me i'm an *sshole. Making threads complaining about the marketing and then saying that they aren't with no real purpose to the thread is stupid.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

I'm a mindless consumer?

Thanks for enlighten me mate.

Could you please elaborate?

JaggySnake
  • JaggySnake

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

THANK YOU, OP!

I'm sick and tired of this damn forum. Like someone already said, we have a poor fanbase. This place is full of immature little whining bitches. Rockstar have always been like this and they said they won't change. They do this so the experience of playing the game is the best possible. If you want your game spoiled before you even buy it then go play CoD or Assassin's Creed. Plus, a new game every year, you'll never ever have to stop complaining.

So far, as said by OP, we have got 2x trailers, 80+ screens, artwork and a huge magazine article. They just painted the god damn artwork on the side of a building in NY and guess what? There are still 5 months left before the game is out! We'll see much more in the coming months.

Rockstar are doing an amazing job. GTA V will be a best seller! Possibly best selling game this generation! Rockstar make high quality games and that takes a lot of time. You all don't appreciate that! You just want the god damn game in your hands so you can all find something to rage about!

As for me. I'm leaving this forum. I want to have a discussion about a game I love but no chance. I'll find somewhere else. I won't miss all the dumb ass posts and complaints you all make. Knock yourselves out!

Mpower
  • Mpower

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (JaggySnake @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 21:16)

As for me. I'm leaving this forum. I want to have a discussion about a game I love but no chance. I'll find somewhere else. I won't miss all the dumb ass posts and complaints you all make. Knock yourselves out!

You will come back after 2 hours

JaggySnake
  • JaggySnake

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Mpower @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 19:17)
QUOTE (JaggySnake @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 21:16)

You will come back after 2 hours

Yeah right. Look out for my name. I guarantee you'll never see it on a post again.

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 19:13)

Yet you claim to have bought all the GTA's and you STILL complain about the marketing. f*cking hypocrite. In fact your kind of opposite to a fan. Yeah.

Because I like information before mindlessly buying something? Just because a company consistently releases great games doesn't mean they don't release the odd bad apple. It's all subjective.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (JOKA22 @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 19:19)

Because I like information before mindlessly buying something? Just because a company consistently releases great games doesn't mean they don't release the odd bad apple. It's all subjective.

Although what you say is true.

The game has been in development since 2008, we first got to see the game at the end of 2011. It looked great, and since then we have been given lots of info about the game.

So Far I feel there is nothing to worry about.

I don't have to high expectations, they are realistic.

I trust Rockstar, and what they have said so far leads me to believe they will deliever a good product.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

NO. As long as they even release GREAT games like this, nothing else matters. If you check once in a while or are interested, then wait for info/screens patiently instead of complaining. Have you got a better solution? No, right? Then shut up.

Microwave
  • Microwave

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Over the span of almost a year and a half! It is not the amount, it is when they release the content. Rockstar deliberately releases its stuff in bursts. We get one week of content, mostly some cool screen shots, then Rockstar throws a bloody info-drought that lasts 2 or so months. And this has been for over a year.

I also recall Rockstar telling us that we would get some more news at the end of the month. Well... that news was the f*cking September delay. It is bullsh*t like that which angers people. So yes, many people do have a problem with Rockstar's marketing. I just wish they were more consistent. Currently that are treating us like a bunch of children. Rockstar has a professional obligation as a producer to give people even marketing and sound release dates.

diss86
  • diss86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by diss86, 03 April 2013 - 07:38 PM.

Guys come on why all these gossips its just a fuc*king game shi****t!!!!
This really really dissapoints me guys shame on u mad.gif

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

You've misunderstood everything I've said. I'M NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LACK OF INFORMATION.

I've expressed my disappointment at the way certain aspects of marketing have been handled/unveiled. Stop being so defensive, Rockstar doesn't care about you.

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Tbh, I'd be happy with another trailer, and that's it. I've seen more than enough screens, and don't want to be spoiled with anymore info regarding story or features.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 03 April 2013 - 07:29 PM.

In my opinion, marketing is not just about what you give; it's how you give - IMO Rockstar has failed at that.

Seriously, if a Rockstar fan[boy] like me doesn't get excited by the unveiling of the f*cking box- art, then the marketing has been a, well, debacle.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (JOKA22 @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 19:23)
You've misunderstood everything I've said. I'M NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LACK OF INFORMATION.

I've expressed my disappointment at the way certain aspects of marketing have been handled/unveiled. Stop being so defensive, Rockstar doesn't care about you.

If you meant me, i wasn't talking about lack of information. As far as i know, releasing screens/box art and info IS marketing aswell, so people are basically complaining over this. Let's just end this here, right now.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

I've expressed my disappointment at the way certain aspects of marketing have been handled/unveiled.

Same here. We got plenty of info, but the wait between announcements, the whole weird "here comes cover art, no wait, a delay," etc has been ridiculous.

Microwave
  • Microwave

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Too right. There are so many people who will midlessly jump to Rockstar's defense when ever it is critiqued. In order to keep producers in line there needs to be critical scrutiny in the companies actions. If the producer gets lazy and does a bad job it is the consumers job to tell them that and give them constructive criticism. If no one scrutinizes the company for its errors they will surely do it again. I am confident that Rockstar will release a fantastic game on September 17, but they really do need to handle marketing better and at least act like they care about their consumers.

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

And what is the point of that? You know where that gets you? Just look at this thread, it's based off of you. Expressing your dissapointment is just another way of saying that you're complaining. Instead why don't we discuss things like what we want to see next, like a multiplayer trailer and stuff like that, instead of discussing their marketing which has been discussed like a billion times now.

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

I want the game for PC, that's all I want. f*ck the screenshots, the box art and everything else.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

You just complained in your own thread about how members can't comment without being insulting. GTAfan786 is right, you are a f*cking hypocrite.

Also, trusting in a company that "consistently releases great games" is hardly mindless... this is a trust built on experience. You've loved every GTA thus far, the game is being made by the same writers and development team, and we have plenty of info already... what more reassurance do you need? You can always wait till it comes out and read the reviews, or watch a playthough on youtube. You don't have to pre-order it if you're that paranoid about it being "a bad apple."

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (CTCCoco @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 19:31)
I want the game for PC, that's all I want. f*ck the screenshots, the box art and everything else.

You can pre-order the game for PC at Gamestop.

Trollolol, this confirms a PC release.

Just kidding, but I'm sure we will see the game on PC within the next year smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users