Photo

Game refuses to start with dsound.dll

3 replies to this topic
wordup
  • wordup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Okay, so I bought IV from steam a couple of days ago and of course I started modding it, I have always done and I always will.
The reason I bought it was to be able to play online with friends and such, oh well.

The only mod that I want to use really is the Simple Native Trainer which has always worked in the past when I have used a pirated copy of GTA.
Now, the game refuses to start when I add dsound.dll to the root directory. I have also tried xlive.dll and it refuses to start with that as well and I do not want to use it either because it disables the online mode which is why I bought the game. Lol.

I always run in administrator mode since I have modded before and know that a little thing like that can make a huge difference
I have tried many different things and I always launch from "LaunchGTAIV.exe"

The weird thing is that it did work yesterday and I was able to play for a couple of hours too.

Does anyone have any sort of fix to this problem? I have ran out of ideas and I am sick of trying.

Thor110
  • Thor110

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

I am on steam and have no problem using dsound.dll, I used YAASIL and some other things I found online, I have loads of mods installed.

Thor110

wordup
  • wordup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Thor110 @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 16:24)
I am on steam and have no problem using dsound.dll, I used YAASIL and some other things I found online, I have loads of mods installed.

Thor110

Yeah, I have read about others that have this problem as well and people who got it working with steam.
But for me? No luck.

NomeSkavinski
  • NomeSkavinski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

I had to try a different xliveless or xlive.dll, or was it the bink.dll. Try checking they dont need updating to newer one.
I remember i had the same issue with dsound.dll.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users