Things you hate/dislike in GTA San Andreas

744 replies to this topic
Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:59 AM

A vast majority don't think it's overrated. There are obviously going to be some people who envy SA for being so loved by the fans, and widely regarded as the best, that will consider the game overrated, and all the other overly exaggerated claims.
There's no game that can have 100% likes, and appreciation with 0 haters. So, I wouldn't bother much about the minority here.

The game isn't overrated at all. In fact, SA doesn't deserve any 8's, or 9's. It deserves to be rated as M for masterpiece!!!

@ topic - The fact that the AI drivers in this game are not really programmed that well, including the hilarious crashes that happen on the highways, there's really not much point in tuning/customizing cars, except for the body colours, and that funny bomb shop, since I really find it difficult to keep them in one piece for too long :p

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:47 AM

-Ped interaction is just boring and dull. I don’t care what some random moron thinks about my clothes, tattoos etc or if I smell bad? WTF? This never makes me feel more invested in the game world.

-CJ seems uncomfortable with the thought of climbing a ladder.

-The crappy cap gun sound effects. Step backwards from GTA III and Vice City.
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas and Hot Pursuit like this

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Meth Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:57 AM

-I hate that you cant interact with objects. I loved Max Payne 2 very much because of how real it felt. You could flash the toilet,open showers,switch on lamps,tv or play piano. I wish you could do that in SAn ANdreas in CJs house.

-There should have been in-mission music like in Prince of Persia which makes the levels intense

-I hated interiors yellow mark. You couldnt push a bike inside pizza shop like you could do in Vice City. Instead of marker we should have been allowed to enter buildings like in gta 4 by pushing doors

-There shouldve been more melee moves like in wrestling, more

Still SAn ANdreas is my favourite gta of the series and i highly respect the game:A true masterpiece of its time

• Evil empire likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:18 AM

Leviathan no longer having a magnet outside of the story mission.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:21 PM Edited by Evil empire, 18 December 2017 - 09:56 PM.

The aiming system in the hunter with the missiles sucks. I don't understand why they didn't create heat-seeking warheads for example and didn't do anything to improve it compared to Vice City.

• GrudgefromSanAndreas and Am Shaegar like this

• Neptune Homme

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:55 PM

Leviathan no longer having a magnet outside of the story mission.

I've just remembered this and now I'm crushingly disappointed all over again.

• Algonquin Assassin and Am Shaegar like this

Nico
  • Nico

I'd call that a bargain.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

-CJ seems uncomfortable with the thought of climbing a ladder.

I love how people often make fun of IV for its "clumsy" mechanics when climbing a ladder, yet in SA it was not possible at all and no one bats an eye. Better clumsy than nothing at all.
  • Algonquin Assassin and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:14 AM

I love how people often make fun of IV for its "clumsy" mechanics when climbing a ladder, yet in SA it was not possible at all and no one bats an eye. Better clumsy than nothing at all.

This isn't something I'm posting in game's defense, just responding to the point you've raised. The answer is simple, the jetpack! A much better alternative available already to the ladders, at least, for me.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:24 AM

This isn't something I'm posting in game's defense, just responding to the point you've raised. The answer is simple, the jetpack! A much better alternative available already to the ladders, at least, for me.

I guess. However the logic that CJ can fly a jetpack no worries at all, but can't perform a simple task every human should be able to do like climb a ladder itself is pretty immersion breaking IMO.

Big_Smiley
  • Big_Smiley

Big Homeboy

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:17 AM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 19 December 2017 - 04:24 AM.

I guess. However the logic that CJ can fly a jetpack no worries at all, but can't perform a simple task every human should be able to do like climb a ladder itself is pretty immersion breaking IMO.
But.....remember? Old ass gta's like SA didn't have the physics capable of climbing ladders. Every single 3D era gta's were always low on physic quality. Nowhere near IV or V.

It wasn't until the grate GTAIV that finally gave us ragdoll physics. Most likely it wasn't possible that CJ could possibly climb ladders. R* bearly got CJ to climb and swim. For the final last two 3D era games (LCS,VCS) they finally added the ability to run with heavy weapons. Each gta progressed greatly near physic quality.

IV probably still has the best physics out there for a gta game. It's still beautiful pushing people down the stairs :lol: As i mentioned before it was really disappointing that R* f*cked up V's ragdoll physics. It's almost a joke seeing peole just collapse like they were made out of cardboard.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:33 AM

It's strange you can't climb a ladder since you can do it in games that were released 4 years before San Andreas like Hitman and Project IGI.

Same applies for the ragdolls since Max Payne 2 features a very good ragdoll physics and was released before GTA SA.

-The hotel suites are all the same and lack of charm. When I visit one of them I miss the Vice City Ocean drive hotel suite, the fact you enter the hall before coming in your room, the colors, the light and this feeling of being on a summer holiday in a tropical set. Rockstar should have kept it with the San Andreas hotels.

-Cars oftenly lose their tuning and even disappear when you save in some safehouses with a garage

-The fact you need to compete in so many races in a game that has a so awful cars handling compared to Vice City, especially since you can't choose your car is nothing but sadism.

-This yellow cone to show enterable interiors is meh although it makes the places quite visible. Open doors like in Vice City or pushable doors would have been more immersion-friendly.

-The firefighter sub-mission would be funnier if it didn't automatically stop at level 12.

-Completing the Robois food mart deliveries is impossible without cheating and I don't know why you need to use a bicycle to do it. Playing all the delivery jobs with a freeway would be much more entertaining.

-The dance challenge to make a succesful date with a girlfriend is very hard to complete, this feature should have been removed.

• Algonquin Assassin and Jack Lupino like this

Ghost Pulaski
  • Ghost Pulaski

Pulaski's Ghost

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:36 AM

It's strange you can't climb a ladder since you can do it in games that were released 4 years before San Andreas like Hitman and Project IGI.

Even Tomb Raider 1 had more advanved controls (which was released in 1996 afaik).
  • Evil empire likes this

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

San Andreas FTW!

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Romania

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:43 PM

-That they removed Dopealicious FM

-The missions "Wrong Side of The tracks", "Caesar Vilapando" and "Life's a Beach"

-That we can fall in blue hell

Electrochoc
  • Electrochoc

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:12 PM Edited by Electrochoc, 19 December 2017 - 02:13 PM.

Same applies for the ragdolls since Max Payne 2 features a very good ragdoll physics and was released before GTA SA.

-The hotel suites are all the same and lack of charm. When I visit one of them I miss the Vice City Ocean drive hotel suite, the fact you enter the hall before coming in your room, the colors, the light and this feeling of being on a summer holiday in a tropical set. Rockstar should have kept it with the San Andreas hotels.

-Cars oftenly lose their tuning and even disappear when you save in some safehouses with a garage

-The fact you need to compete in so many races in a game that has a so awful cars handling compared to Vice City, especially since you can't choose your car is nothing but sadism.

-This yellow cone to show enterable interiors is meh although it makes the places quite visible. Open doors like in Vice City or pushable doors would have been more immersion-friendly.

-The firefighter sub-mission would be funnier if it didn't automatically stop at level 12.

-Completing the Robois food mart deliveries is impossible without cheating and I don't know why you need to use a bicycle to do it. Playing all the delivery jobs with a freeway would be much more entertaining.

-The dance challenge to make a succesful date with a girlfriend is very hard to complete, this feature should have been removed.

These yellow marks are needed because they trigger the interior and the game loads the interior into memory.

San Andreas feels bigger than V + IV combined to me. Whole map and interiors. If they increase the number of the interiors, i can stand few second loading i think.

• Big_Smiley likes this

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Meth Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

Yeah I also had issues with that yellow pointer. In VC I used to drive a car or motorcycle in interiors of ammunation or pizz stack. But Sa deprived me of that fun:(

Ladder climbing could have been added if they had more time for development. They added that feature in bully.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:51 PM Edited by Evil empire, 19 December 2017 - 11:52 PM.

These yellow marks are needed because they trigger the interior and the game loads the interior into memory.

Open doors also trigger the interiors as well in Vice City and are more immersion-friendly. I don't see the improvement the yellow cones bring except making the accessible interiors more visible.

-The fact you get that junky crap rubbish garbage Super GT heap of $hit as a "reward" for the bronze medal in the driving-school is nothing but a mix of contempt, provocation and sadism.

That.........thing is so lame and the good cars are so rare why the hell didn't they replace it with a Flash or a Sultan? Whoever decided to make the Super GT so horrible to drive, force the player to use that waste for the last driving-school mission and make that trash a "reward" is an insane psycho who should be locked up in a lunatic asylum for countless years.

The only place where the Super GT would fit is the Harwood junkyard as a compacted wreck.

• j7n likes this

boludoz
  • boludoz

Rat

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:47 AM

the interiors

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:01 PM

the driving. holy f*ck. sweet baby jesus it is terrible. people say iv's driving system makes you slide all over the place but holy sh*t san andreas is 100x worse in this regard

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:11 AM

max payne 2 was developed on it's own engine and san andreas was done on renderware. i don't think they could have achieved ragdoll with renderware

an65001
  • an65001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:13 AM

-Certain missions like Freefall, supply lines.
-The bugs, especially in the PC port. Thankfully, silent's patch has fixed a lot of them.
-Some aspects of the storyline could've been done much better. Ryder was simply tossed in as an antagonist, you could see that when CJ mentioned nothing about him in The Green Sabre.
  • Evil empire, Light Syde Riandy and Misunderstood like this

Chasing Coyote
  • Chasing Coyote

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:59 PM

ok, here be my list, such as it is:

Rockstar Developers are really very sadistic gamemakers. how many times when playing did you curse loudly and throw controller/keyboard at screen? (waiting for new keyboard and monitor)

* suicidal peds

" Honest, officer, she just dove right in front of my car! there was no way to avoid running her over! same with the other 69 people I ran over on the way back from my g/f's house!"

* I really hated Sweet in this game. he is an egotistical pompous ass. chewing CJ out for crashing as Seville Blv Families kamikaze into the car!

( I don't believe that was Sweet's girl, she didn't like him touching her, nor his attitude toward his brother)

*too clumsy to climb a ladder! 

*can't type because all our fingers are stuck together! (what, rockstar couldn't draw fingers?) [thank god they learned how for IV] 

*CJ's conversation skills, (or lack thereof) on dates. I was surprised to here Niko Bellic actually make and have conversations with his passengers, SA made me think R* was against social graces like conversations

Bad Driving

*Road Rage! R* takes roadrage to a new level! crash your car until it blows up!

*left turn from left lane! 

*suddent lane change into my fender

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:48 PM

- Lack of Stories DLC

- The desert area could have had more interesting stuff going on. I mean, it takes a good portion on the map, but not enough missions, or activities are included that fits the desert region to make it more exciting just like the countryside portion had some very good missions in them. I love the Toreno missions but they could have made more side missions combining with the flying ability, as an unlimited type of activity,

Electrochoc
  • Electrochoc

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

Losing guns if you die or get arrested.

• GrudgefromSanAndreas likes this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Egypt

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:42 AM Edited by Yinepi, 25 December 2017 - 12:45 AM.

I'm not fond of the sound effects. The cars sound like muffled lawn mowers and the guns like plastic air pellet guns. Just awful, even for 2005. I mean in 2005 NFS MW cars and CoD2 guns at least had a sense of belief, even if they weren't completely accurate.

The sound effects are so awful that it really destroys the game for me.

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:50 AM

The amount of disrespect to one of my favorite characters, Ryder. Over 10 years later and I am still butthurt. 

• Evil empire likes this

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:08 AM Edited by TommyPayne123, 08 January 2018 - 05:16 AM.

The only things that bothers me about the game is the lack of focus in it's story. And the empty space in the map. The game is near perfect in all other aspects. If the story was cut about 20% short, the story would have been the best in the franchise right behind IV.

The Reev
  • The Reev

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:12 PM

- The requirements to date Helena
- Donut shops inaccessable
- Gym and Basketball Glitch
- Saving at Madd Dogg's mansion causing the aformentioned glitch
- Rockstar ruining Ryder's character
- A few beta stuffs that's removed from the game
- Incompetent and fragile homies during gang war (I don't actually find gang wars hard but it would be much cooler if your homies are actually competent enough to fight back the enemies)
- That 5 lap test from driving school
- No default safehouses that offers you wardrobes other than Johnson house
- Ugly caps
- If you fall into the water near SF airport you can't climb the stairs and have to swim far to get back on land
- Catalina
- (Do i even need to mention this)....

Supply Lines

Reameb
  • Reameb

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

Angry drivers

Ultracops
Some missions remove all your weapons

Too hard to gain criminal rating

Jesucristo
  • Jesucristo

☠ Soldier ☠

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:29 PM

- Taxi travels were too bored.
- Drivers didn't respect the traffic lights.
- There was to save missions in frank floors. If you died before to save you get annoyed.

Ben the busta
  • Ben the busta

I like the way you die boy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:58 AM

I hate it when i cant have both Hunter and Leviathan at the same time on my private airport in Verdant Meadows..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users