Quantcast

» «
Photo

Wikigta vs gta wikia vs grand theft wiki

45 replies to this topic
Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (Girish @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 17:37)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 04:46)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 05:56)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Friday, May 3 2013, 10:14)
Almost done with getting all the new vehicle info in at gta.wikia, I'm excited for V again

Not even info at gtawikia, it's all speculation there

Jesus christ, hop off your high horse you butthurt half-wit. It's obvious you have had a run-in with one of the staff members there. Why don't you take it up with them?

And instead of complaining about their wrong information on an unassociated website how about you use some initiative and change it yourself, seeing as you're the almighty eye who tells right from wrong.

Woah, will you calm the f*ck down? Not sure why you're getting so worked up over a seemingly harmless opinion. Next time, keep the petty insults to yourself or you're risking a warning/ban.

Just sick of him bringing up problems he has with an unrelated website here instead of bringing it up with staff at the actual site.
It's more than just what I quoted, he's brought it up in numerous threads so I can see why you think it was an overreaction.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 09:31)
Almost done with getting all the new vehicle info in at gta.wikia, I'm excited for V again

Jesus christ, hop off your high horse you butthurt half-wit. It's obvious you have had a run-in with one of the staff members there. Why don't you take it up with them?

And instead of complaining about their wrong information on an unassociated website how about you use some initiative and change it yourself, seeing as you're the almighty eye who tells right from wrong.

Woah, will you calm the f*ck down? Not sure why you're getting so worked up over a seemingly harmless opinion. Next time, keep the petty insults to yourself or you're risking a warning/ban.

Just sick of him bringing up problems he has with an unrelated website here instead of bringing it up with staff at the actual site.
It's more than just what I quoted, he's brought it up in numerous threads so I can see why you think it was an overreaction.

Haters gonna hate man, leave them to it and ignore them.

I don't have anything against GTW, but their vehicle info can't touch us over at GTA.wikia; as of GTA V we comprerhensively cover the design, performance and trivia of each vehicle based on facts.

The info may have had a lot of speculation so far as the vehicles go, I'm making sure that we stamp out every last trace of speculation in our articles. Examples of our low-tolerance for speculation can be found here, here and here. Under the new management the only pieces of "created" information are names, which we clearly stress as unofficial to readers. Any unconfirmed information that we cannot deduce from footage or screenshots is subject to immediate removal.

We are making amends, trust me.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

GTW has far more reliable information, although I use GTAWiki sometimes because sometimes GTW isn't complete,

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 21:21)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 09:31)

Haters gonna hate man, leave them to it and ignore them.

I don't have anything against GTW, but their vehicle info can't touch us over at GTA.wikia; as of GTA V we comprerhensively cover the design, performance and trivia of each vehicle based on facts.

The info may have had a lot of speculation so far as the vehicles go, I'm making sure that we stamp out every last trace of speculation in our articles. Examples of our low-tolerance for speculation can be found here, here and here. Under the new management the only pieces of "created" information are names, which we clearly stress as unofficial to readers. Any unconfirmed information that we cannot deduce from footage or screenshots is subject to immediate removal.

We are making amends, trust me.

I'm really glad to seem some major improvements over the old wiki. It's info may be based on speculation, but due to the staff processing that wiki vigorously, they can easily rewrite anything from speculation to a fact.

Eh, forget about @universetwisters mate, let's all follow what @JBanton said Haters gonna hate. Let their flame and hate be burn to themselves and not to us. If we continue to reply to their hate opinions, the more we get be disgraced and be flamed back again.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

I feel that in comparison the GTA.wikia vehicle articles hold more strength for vehicle articles, by comparing recent articles concerning the same vehicle GTA.wikia more often than not will have a comprehensive profile of the vehicle, where GTW will have less detailed information or almost no information at all.

To try and clear GTA.wikia's name I also created a new manual of style, to keep editors on the high-quality, detailed and factual path. Vehicles are only one aspect of GTA, but creating the articles concerning them is what our editing team is the best at.

GTW does however a large number of high-quality articles in other areas.

But hey It's not really up to me to decide, I only joined GTA.wikia because I wanted to inform the public, now that I'm an admin I feel that's it's my duty to help provide the public with the highest-quality information so that they can learn, just like I do when editing. At the end of the day it's all about the readers.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

I never even heard of WikiGTA lol. The only ones I use are GTAWiki and GrandTheftWiki

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

GTA Wiki, I like the presentation and it does have some really good info much better than Grand theft IMO.

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

I always use GrandTheftWiki. I have used WikiGTA for reading in my first language (Dutch), but now even in Dutch it's outdated. And I don't really trust GTA Wikia.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 14:10)
GTA Wikia. The original Wiki. It is the best one ever and Grand Theft Wiki was made from it.

Actually grandtheftwiki was a dependant site, then gboyers(founder) decided to merge it with gta wikia.So when wikia changed there skin and added more ads to the content they left.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 00:01)
GTA Wikia. The original Wiki. It is the best one ever and Grand Theft Wiki was made from it.

Actually grandtheftwiki was a dependant site, then gboyers(founder) decided to merge it with gta wikia.So when wikia changed there skin and added more ads to the content they left.

You got that wrong mate. Gboyers and Eganio were the admins at GTAWiki, then they got all butthurt because Wikia changed the skin on them so they left to create Grandtheftwiki crossing over all the content they already had, leaving McJeff, Dan, Tom, and a few others to pick up the pieces.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 22:16)

You got that wrong mate. Gboyers and Eganio were the admins at GTAWiki, then they got all butthurt because Wikia changed the skin on them so they left to create Grandtheftwiki crossing over all the content they already had, leaving McJeff, Dan, Tom, and a few others to pick up the pieces.

So far as I know, we let by-gones be by-gones; each of the wikis work independently.

GTW has its strong points and weak points and GTAW has its strong and weak points as well.

I have nothing against GTW; they do have good information, but when it comes to the vehicle info (especially for the ones affected by the MoS), GTAW goes beyond the extra mile for its readers. So much so that I actually fear we may be putting too much detail into our newer articles.

At the end of the day it's down to reader preference and taste. To each their own.
  • kingRhem likes this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 05:16)

GTA Wikia was actually created back then by ThaiBoy something who became a/an bureaucrat/admin there whilst Grand Theft Wiki was created in 2006 by Gboyers and became bureaucrat himself. Then they soon merge into one entity with Gboyers and Wikia agreeing with this and thus formed into GTA Wiki. This merge also opened the doors to other would-be staff of GTAW in the future, such as Eganio, ZS, A-Dust, etc.

However, according to a whole lot of story, Gboyers and the other admins of GTA Wiki are expressing discontent on Wikia when they decided to add more advertisements to every page/info on every wiki. It gotten worse when Wikia created Oasis (Wikia's current skin), which is filled with more ads and make the content just compressed down to a small pack, unlike the full screen info it give from it's previous skin, Monaco (it looks Wikipedia's default skin, Vector).

So there's been a petition across whole wikis under Wikia (not only GTA Wiki but also a handful of wikis are thinking of moving like WowWiki and etc., thus created a wiki revolution), to whether they stay in Wikia and follow it's rules or just leave and become independent. Then everyone decided to leave and become independent. By October 2010, GTA Wiki change it's URL to the new Grand Theft Wiki, with most of it's members and staff moved over there, and the former was left behind with Jeff, Dan, The Tom, WikisEditor and a handful of others to them since Wikia wanted to keep the website open and become it's legal copy.

But this is not yet the end. After they move, there've been several arousal of plagiarism content to GTAW from GTW by early 2011. This constant crime led to Gboyers and others from GTW to interacting with Wikia to stop the plagiarism and keep their content from being stolen by WikisEditor, the new admin of GTAW, and thus far went for him to being stripped of his powers and was later gloablly blocked across Wikia. After that, there have been no more several reports of the incident, although some old GTAW staff still comes to GTA Wiki and are sometimes stressing some members to contribute to the new website.

But I guess we don't have to bring up the past no more, let's just forget it since its done. They are great websites actually so no need for more direct competition in here. Just plain opinions and simply no hate. smile.gif

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Monday, May 6 2013, 14:53)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 05:16)

GTA Wikia was actually created back then by ThaiBoy something who became a/an bureaucrat/admin there whilst Grand Theft Wiki was created in 2006 by Gboyers and became bureaucrat himself. Then they soon merge into one entity with Gboyers and Wikia agreeing with this and thus formed into GTA Wiki. This merge also opened the doors to other would-be staff of GTAW in the future, such as Eganio, ZS, A-Dust, etc.

However, according to a whole lot of story, Gboyers and the other admins of GTA Wiki are expressing discontent on Wikia when they decided to add more advertisements to every page/info on every wiki. It gotten worse when Wikia created Oasis (Wikia's current skin), which is filled with more ads and make the content just compressed down to a small pack, unlike the full screen info it give from it's previous skin, Monaco (it looks Wikipedia's default skin, Vector).

So there's been a petition across whole wikis under Wikia (not only GTA Wiki but also a handful of wikis are thinking of moving like WowWiki and etc., thus created a wiki revolution), to whether they stay in Wikia and follow it's rules or just leave and become independent. Then everyone decided to leave and become independent. By October 2010, GTA Wiki change it's URL to the new Grand Theft Wiki, with most of it's members and staff moved over there, and the former was left behind with Jeff, Dan, The Tom, WikisEditor and a handful of others to them since Wikia wanted to keep the website open and become it's legal copy.

But this is not yet the end. After they move, there've been several arousal of plagiarism content to GTAW from GTW by early 2011. This constant crime led to Gboyers and others from GTW to interacting with Wikia to stop the plagiarism and keep their content from being stolen by WikisEditor, the new admin of GTAW, and thus far went for him to being stripped of his powers and was later gloablly blocked across Wikia. After that, there have been no more several reports of the incident, although some old GTAW staff still comes to GTA Wiki and are sometimes stressing some members to contribute to the new website.

But I guess we don't have to bring up the past no more, let's just forget it since its done. They are great websites actually so no need for more direct competition in here. Just plain opinions and simply no hate. smile.gif

I use to love wikia old skin and gta wikia use to be favourite, but after they changed their skin.The advertisements made the experience horrible and the wikia skin doesn't give much of a variety like it use to, but I do have to admit before the skin era gta wikia was AWESOME.Now it's one big meh.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

I've always used GTA wiki personally, I can always find what I want.
  • kingRhem likes this

kingRhem
  • kingRhem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:06 AM Edited by kingRhem, 24 September 2013 - 10:06 AM.

GTA Wikia is the best source of info about the GTA series 'nuff said 

Thomas0802
  • Thomas0802

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:44 PM Edited by Thomas0802, 20 October 2013 - 04:58 PM.

The both Wikis were always tied, sometimes GTW better, and another times Wikia better. However, after GTA V's release, GTW completely turned nothing compared to Wikia, now they got an average of three edits per hour, a bunch of inactive admins and always the same 5 or 6 users working on it. 2013 was the year of Wikia, where we (GTA WIkia) increased our staff, put the most work as possible and making it, the bigger and better site from sources about the GTA Series. People who believe that GTW is better got stuck in 2010, 2011 or something. Today is GTW nothing compared to Wikia, in GTA V and Online they should have an estimated work of 2000 edits per day to make they at least ''comparable'' to Wikia. However, being a little more peaceable, with exception of GTA V and Online, the both Wikis are tied. GTW even better at sometimes. When I say better, I have terms about it's background. Better in my opinion means ''Filled sections, more images, more stuff, more organisation.'' I having nothing against GTW and their staff, but as a fellow member of Wikia, and having a generous respect against GTW, but, GTA Wikia is for NOW and permanently the biggest and better sources about GTA Series. Feel free joining our website, editing and helping the community, all of our staff members will be available for contacting you in any need of help with construction, policy and editing articles. (with some little inactivity exceptions of course). And about GTW, the website is amazing, big and well-written, but in aspects of GTA V, they're really, really weak.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users