Photo

Demolition Man

12 replies to this topic
anwesha31
  • anwesha31

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

I cannot complete the demolition man ission, please can u help me.....its really frustrating!!!!

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Take some time to learn how to control the RC Helicopter properly. In Demolition Man, the best thing to do is start from the top of the building and work your way down.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (anwesha31 @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 05:56)
I cannot complete the demolition man ission, please can u help me.....its really frustrating!!!!

If you're really struggling then download the link provided:

Save game file (Demolition man is the last completed mission)

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Complete bar-steward of a mission. Go to the top first and work your way down. My advice.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Get used to finding your way around the building, too.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:00 PM Edited by Spuds725, 01 April 2013 - 03:07 PM.

Two recommendations to start at the top and work your way down....

I would NOT do it this way.

The reason is the mission ends when the last bomb is DROPPED--- so if you set the top one last-- the longest return trip (to get another bomb) is eliminated (mission ends when it is set).

Example-- these are NOT the actual times you would get but are being used for illustrative purposes....

Going top to bottom....

4 minutes to top, 4 minutes back-- 8 minutes round trip.
3 minutes to 2nd highest, 3 minutes back-- 6 minutes round trip
2 minutes to 3rd highest, 2 minutes back-- 4 minutes round trip.
1 minute to lowest--- mission ends when set---

Total time= 19 minutes

Now going bottom to top (you can go in any order really as long as the top one is set last)

1 minute to lowest, 1 minute back-- 2 minute round trip.
4 minutes to top-- mission ends when set....

Total time= 16 minutes

My point is-- set the top one last to eliminate your LONGEST return trip from the mission.

Now my general advice for this mission (how I get through it)....

Ignore the workmen-- you waste time trying to kill them with heli blades... if you keep moving they won't cause much damage.

Learn the HUD radar--- triangles pointing up are bomb points above you, ones pointing down are below you, ones that are square are on your level.

Practice flying the heli-- start mission and just fly around building practicing and learning where the different bombs are to be set--- pause and take notes where you need to turn or go for each bomb... when you play the mission for real-- pause before each level and refer to your notes....

Really thats about it-- I haven't played mission on PS2 in 8 or 9 years but recently passed it in one try on android version...

HTH...

constipated_gerbil
  • constipated_gerbil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

Does anyone have a save file for the Steam copy of vice city with demolition man completed?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

FYI-- The Avery Carrington mission string is a side mission string-- meaning you can do it right after it is unlocked (pretty early in the game) or complete the entire story and then do it.... depending upon who uploads you you could conceivably miss over 1/2 the story missions

Because of this-- I urge you to utilize Demarest's Timevault Mission passer----It works with the PC disc and steam versions.

I have rehosted this-- link can be found near the bottom of this post.... http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=397970

A video I just found on youtube will illustrate how easy it is to use--
Simply backup your main.scm file (best way is to just rename it--- mainoriginal.scm and download the modded file that Demarest created---rename it main.scm and put it in the folder where your original main.scm file was located.... then load up your game--- any pink marker mission you enter will instantly be passed-- you will be teleported a short distance so you don't start (and complete any other missions that would start at the same physical location).

When you are done passing missions... rename demarest's modded .scm file back to timevault.scm and the rename your orginal file back to main.scm

Vid will show this alot easier then I explained it...

constipated_gerbil
  • constipated_gerbil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

Oh wow, thank Spuds725! work like a charm and it was very simple!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

No problem-- and don't worry about 100%-- it does not affect your ability to get 100%-- I completed a save using timevault for EVERY mission-- and still got 100% (just to verify it would not affect it).

I used Demarest's other code tools to complete jumps and Hidden packages--- the only things I HAD to do was robbing the 15 stores and collecting the cars for sunshine autos-- everything else was completed with those code tools and I got 100%.

The only things that have been identified that Timevault affects are the cash pickup icons---

If you complete the FINAL mission for the boat house (there is only one mission for this asset) and Printworks- the cash pickup icon will NOT be created meaning they will not generate any cash.

All other assets will generate cash.

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

Nobody likes me here...I think...

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

It would be better if you need us to complete the mission then upload the save file at gtasnp.com then send the link.. biggrin.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (arijitsen @ Wednesday, Apr 10 2013, 11:44)
It would be better if you need us to complete the mission then upload the save file at gtasnp.com then send the link.. biggrin.gif

That only works with the PC version to my knowledge? Also, the Steam version and CD versions are not compatible with each other, so that limits the number of us helpers on the Steam version. I mean, I can do either one as I have both versions. The only question is: Since they made cuts/edits to the Steam version since it was originally released, is the original Steam release still compatible with the newer Steam release(the one with the edits/cuts)?- ie. is it like the Original PS2 and newer PS2 releases, where they are not compatible save wise?

Personally, I would do as Spuds suggested and use Dem's Time Vault code tool to pass the mission you are struggling with...

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 15:00)
Two recommendations to start at the top and work your way down....

I would NOT do it this way.

The reason is the mission ends when the last bomb is DROPPED--- so if you set the top one last-- the longest return trip (to get another bomb) is eliminated (mission ends when it is set).

Example-- these are NOT the actual times you would get but are being used for illustrative purposes....

Going top to bottom....

4 minutes to top, 4 minutes back-- 8 minutes round trip.
1 minute to lowest--- mission ends when set---

Total time= 19 minutes

Now going bottom to top (you can go in any order really as long as the top one is set last)

1 minute to lowest, 1 minute back-- 2 minute round trip.
4 minutes to top-- mission ends when set....

Total time= 16 minutes

My point is-- set the top one last to eliminate your LONGEST return trip from the mission.

Now my general advice for this mission (how I get through it)....

Ignore the workmen-- you waste time trying to kill them with heli blades... if you keep moving they won't cause much damage.

Learn the HUD radar--- triangles pointing up are bomb points above you, ones pointing down are below you, ones that are square are on your level.

Practice flying the heli-- start mission and just fly around building practicing and learning where the different bombs are to be set--- pause and take notes where you need to turn or go for each bomb... when you play the mission for real-- pause before each level and refer to your notes....

Really thats about it-- I haven't played mission on PS2 in 8 or 9 years but recently passed it in one try on android version...

HTH...

Although I don`t disagree with you I want to say that from experience I always find it easier to start from the top and go down because even if you are running short of time you are not having to make the journey to the top as it is done first. Also even if takes a certain length of time (using examples) it is possible to shorten the trip time if you are a good heli flyer. What I mean is, it may take 4 mins to get to top but one could get there in 3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users