Photo

Rockstar's inspiration for trailer 2 music

5 replies to this topic
shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

Yesterday I watched Die Hard, the very first movie of the Die Hard films.
Anyone remembers that movie?
Los Angeles, high building with heavy shootouts, explosions, dirty protagonist (like Trevor).

Now guess what, the chauffeur stays in his limo most part of the film and he only listens to one song!

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I'm so glad you posted this. I wanted to, but I didn't know if it was topic worthy, but I'm a huge Die Hard fan and I honestly didn't notice that song until after I watched the 2nd trailer.

I wonder if R* was thinking about how many people watch Die Hard during the holidays? I bet that song just makes people who watched the trailer think about GTA V. The trailer released in November, so I guess it's possible.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 09:22)
I'm so glad you posted this. I wanted to, but I didn't know if it was topic worthy, but I'm a huge Die Hard fan and I honestly didn't notice that song until after I watched the 2nd trailer.

I wonder if R* was thinking about how many people watch Die Hard during the holidays? I bet that song just makes people who watched the trailer think about GTA V. The trailer released in November, so I guess it's possible.

Thanks. Well anything GTA V related to talk about. Die Hard isn't too unfamiliar. It's some old school 20th century action film. Even if Rockstar doesn't really steal from this film., you can clearly see some inspirations, albeit anyone can say briefly.

This song for one is played over and over when they show the chauffeur called Argyle.

Bruce Willies in that movie bears some resemblance to Trevor, how he's dressed for one.

FBI men in helicopters, explosions, police that act like fools. Everything a little GTA-like.

cmn1516
  • cmn1516

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Dont mean to be that guy buy i made a thread o this a few weeks back http://www.gtaforums...opic=547977&hl=

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (cmn1516 @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 10:56)
Dont mean to be that guy buy i made a thread o this a few weeks back http://www.gtaforums...opic=547977&hl=

Oh sorry I didn't know. There are tons of topics opening daily.

cmn1516
  • cmn1516

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

its cool. really think thats were rockstar got the inspiraton for it smile.gif because of the heists and that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users