» «
Photo

GTA V: The Ocean

22 replies to this topic
Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by Hvitdverg, 29 March 2013 - 08:35 PM.

Grand Theft Auto Five: The Ocean

When Rockstar released their first "sea" based screenshot last year, I felt excitement!
This will be the first GTA game, with a highly detailed ocean.
While this is very exciting, I am wondering why Rockstar chose to focus on this area.

user posted image

Activities

* Scuba diving
* Exploration
* Treasure hunting?
* Submarine driving
* Fishing
* Collectables?( rare shells?)
* Single player missions (underwater robbery)
* Multiplayer swimming contest(just kidding)
user posted image

How will underwater gameplay work?

Will we be able to use special weaponry?

Do you think Rockstar will be able to add something really unique, that makes you come back to the ocean on a regular basis?
Or will we fall back to flying plains, driving around and doing what we are used to from previous titles.
Perhaps multiplayer functions?

I really hope Rockstar makes it appealing, so that we all come back and enjoy the water on more than a few occasions.

Why focus on this area?
user posted image

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Sorry to sound uptight, but....

Well, you will find out once Rockstar tells us.

Why is there is strong focus on the ocean and underwater activity in GTA V ? How can even being to discuss this when all we have is screenshots and the single, confirmed fact that we know we can go underwater in the game. Everything else is open to speculation and guessing.

You have already named a bunch of good, plausible reasons why there is this focus of being underwater. There you go case close.....for now.

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

A lot of SoCal culture revolves around the Ocean. I hope we do get underwater guns (SPP-1/HK P11), it would make for some incredible missions.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Because Rockstar are changing things up, so then GTA doesn't become another franchise that is the same as the previous titles except with different weapons and a new setting.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Why?

More like why not?

It's untouched territory in open world games, it had to be done sooner or later.

Makes me wonder about future titles.. is every GTA going to have to have an extremely detailed sea floor to be able to top it's predecessor from now on? Is it going to be 5-7 years before we'll even see the next installment?

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 20:16)
Grand Theft Auto Five: The Ocean

When Rockstar released their first "sea" based screenshot last year, I felt excitement!
This will be the first GTA game, with a highly detailed ocean.
While this is very exciting, I am wondering why Rockstar chose to focus on this area.

user posted image

Activities

* Scuba diving
* Exploration
* Treasure hunting?
* Submarine driving
* Fishing
* Collectables?( rare shells?)
* Single player missions (underwater robbery)
* Multiplayer swimming contest(just kidding)
user posted image

How will underwater gameplay work?

Will we be able to use special weaponry?

Do you think Rockstar will be able to add something really unique, that makes you come back to the ocean on a regular basis?
Perhaps multiplayer functions?

I really hope Rockstar makes it appealing, so that we all come back and enjoy the water on more than a few occasions.

Why focus on this area?
user posted image

Why not? This will be the first GTA in which you can do things underwater. In SA the only thing you do was swim.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

I worried that this ocean floor thing is taking up 20% of the map...

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

I never said I did not welcome the change.

Cause I like change, and I like what they are doing.

I'm just asking if there will be enough activity, to make us come back again and again.

Or will we fall back to flying plains, driving around and doing what we are used to from previous titles.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

I'm just glad to have a detailed and accessible underwater environment in the game. Like someone said earlier, it was in San Andreas, and all you could really do in that was swim, and see nothing much but a few fish and some sea turtles. This time, the underwater sections in GTA V look like they have substance to them.

GTA needs to stuff like this to make the game more exciting and interesting. You should even be questioning 'why' at all.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (Lil Jacob 27 @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 20:33)

Who cares. It's something new and fresh in a GTA game. So if that takes up 20% then the City should take up about 35% and the countryside should have the last 45%. Remember this game is their biggest one.

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

The picture they released 2 days ago got me really excited for whats underwater... that screenshot looks beautiful

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

The thing with the depths of the ocean is you won't just end up down there. With mountains and landscapes you just drive around and end up in places. You can randomly take a dirt-bike up to the highest point of a mountain.

But if you're headed to the bottom of the ocean, you're specifically choosing to go there and you'll probably need the right (scuba) gear to head down there. So there's got to be a compelling reason to go down there.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (SlappyPwnsAss @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 20:41)
The picture they released 2 days ago got me really excited for whats underwater... that screenshot looks beautiful

I agree man, I absolutely love them!

I'm just trying to make a discussion smile.gif

I absolutely welcome these changes with open arms!

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 20:42)
The thing with the depths of the ocean is you won't just end up down there. With mountains and landscapes you just drive around and end up in places. You can randomly take a dirt-bike up to the highest point of a mountain.

But if you're headed to the bottom of the ocean, you're specifically choosing to go there and you'll probably need the right (scuba) gear to head down there. So there's got to be a compelling reason to go down there.

You are right, Knife!

Rockstar must have something in mind when it comes to the matter.

I'm just wondering What smile.gif

Good view

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Dodging cops will be what will hopefully keep me going back underwater. ph34r.gif

rjmthe2nd
  • rjmthe2nd

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 20:34)
I never said I did not welcome the change.

Cause I like change, and I like what they are doing.

I'm just asking if there will be enough activity, to make us come back again and again.

This is just a ycle rockstar is doing, in the next GTA They'll probably take out the Underwater life and make something similar but new to GTA,Like lets say, Getting a Plane, looking out the window,sitting down,etc. like a passenger.

but really i don't know what else they could add thats not in GTA V Already...seems like alot of sh*t got thrown in.

Where as Games liek "Saints Row IV" Is exactly like SR3 (In Graphics, and highly the gameplay too) don't really change sh*t at all.

exmpletree
  • exmpletree

Mr. Gold Card

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

collecting oysters tounge.gif

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

I bet there will be hidden packages not just on land, but in the ocean. I imagine it could be starfishes or treasure pieces

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

I think Rockstar want to open up the world of GTA like they've never done before, a "bold new direction" has we've heard plenty of times. As much as we loved GTA IV, when you look back at the island that was Liberty City, you can already imagine how confining that will be to play in after the huge map we're promised in V.

Opening up the seas for exploration just seems like part of the package. I'm still very curious, like you say, at what exactly underwater gameplay will offer us. Will there be anything to do down there other than explore? I sure hope so. Since we've seen scuba diving gear and a submarine, plus a shark, I'm guessing that it won't be as easy just to swim under. I'm hoping that it will require some costly gear (that brings the money aspect into it) and perhaps even a mission or 2 will be involved. A deep sea safehouse would be neat too.

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Maybe the FBI will give us this to shoot stuff underwater:
user posted image
(It's an amphibious rifle)

LifeWithScissors
  • LifeWithScissors

Veni Vidi Vici

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Or better yet an underwater base. It would be a good hideout and a good place to hide from cops.

omer19992010
  • omer19992010

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Lil Jacob 27 @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 20:33)

Gta V is 3.5x the size of red dead redemption and 5x if you include underwater according to ign.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

In answer to your question, they already have detailed clouds/sky, and this time the land looks mega detailed, so where else could they add their touch of detail too?

It's one of the things I don't hold much of an idea of what they will/could do besides what I have seen, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they do it.

The question to be asked, is what could they add their touch of detail too next? Moving down we're talking a detailed network of caves and caverns?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users