Photo

GTA San Andreas on Windows 7 Enterprise

18 replies to this topic
faisal6309
  • faisal6309

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

I have Dell Optiplex 965 and I have installed Windows 7 Enterprise on my computer. I want to play Grand Theft Auto on my computer but when I try to play it by double clicking on the gta_sa.exe icon, it opens the windows. After displaying the GTA San Andreas welcome screen, it shows black screen and after then it say the program has stopped.
I tried to play in compatibility mode but nothing happened. It shows same result. I tried DEP (Data Execution Prevention), but it works for half life but not for GTA San Andreas. This game works fine on Windows XP but now I have Window 7 Enterprise installed on my computer.
Please help me in this matter. I have also tried patching game but it gave the same result. Please help me. confused.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Did you delete the gta_sa.set file after you changed OS?
It contains a config of your computer, when you change something inportant you need to delete it.
It will be created after you end a successful game play.

faisal6309
  • faisal6309

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 13:34)
Did you delete the gta_sa.set file after you changed OS?
It contains a config of your computer, when you change something inportant you need to delete it.
It will be created after you end a successful game play.

I didn't upgraded my computer. I install a fresh copy of window, then I install Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and open but failed to play even single time.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

You installed the game from the Original DVD?
You are playing with ADMIN Privileges?
You didn't mod the game in anyway, including cracks?
Your machine meets:
Minimum System Requirements
• 1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor
• 256MB of RAM
• 8x DVD-ROM Drive
• 3.6 GB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install
• 64MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)
• DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
• Keyboard & Mouse

Recommended System Requirements:
Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP processor (or better)
 384(+) MB of RAM
 16x DVD-ROM drive
 4.7 GB of free Hard Disk space for a full install
 128(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce4" or better)
 DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card
 Game pad** with twin axis analog controls (USB or Joystick Port)
 Keyboard & Mouse
** I suggest 12 buttons minimum. I use the Logitech Dual Action ™, as it works straight from the box without any special drivers. Seitek also nice. Attempting to use console controllers may take hours to find the right driver(s) and then still not work.

faisal6309
  • faisal6309

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 14:06)
You installed the game from the Original DVD?
You are playing with ADMIN Privileges?
You didn't mod the game in anyway, including cracks?
Your machine meets:
Minimum System Requirements
• 1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor
• 256MB of RAM
• 8x DVD-ROM Drive
• 3.6 GB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install
• 64MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)
• DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
• Keyboard & Mouse

Recommended System Requirements:
Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP processor (or better)
 384(+) MB of RAM
 16x DVD-ROM drive
 4.7 GB of free Hard Disk space for a full install
 128(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce4" or better)
 DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card
 Game pad** with twin axis analog controls (USB or Joystick Port)
 Keyboard & Mouse
** I suggest 12 buttons minimum. I use the Logitech Dual Action ™, as it works straight from the box without any special drivers. Seitek also nice. Attempting to use console controllers may take hours to find the right driver(s) and then still not work.

I installed the game from the original DVD. I tried playing game with ADMIN Privileges. I didn't install any crack yet. I didn't mod the game. My machine meets the Recommended System Requirements for the game and I played this game when I was running Windows XP on my machine. But now I have switched to Windows 7 and I can't play this game on my machine. dontgetit.gif
Should I switch back to Windows XP or is there any other way to play this game without changing my operating system?

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

I remember playing GTA:SA on windows 7. It worked fine just some problems because I had a lots of mods installed. But some games on my pc ran too fast when on windows 7 but they ran perfectly on XP. I'll say you should switch back to windows XP or try out windows 8 as I did.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

"GTA (Grand Theft Auto) San Andreas has several problems when installed on Windows 7. Run the game in Windows 98/ME compatibility mode. There is also a major confusion over the save file location on the hard disk. If you are using Windows 7and if the mouse responds well, go to Task Manager and you will find more than one "gta_sa.exe" process. Close everything and launch San Andreas again. Notice that Alt-tab in/out doesn't work as and when you load up your save file - GTA crashes and the mouse stops responding as soon as the interior loads. San Andreas has a display issue on widescreen screen mode if you have a widescreen display. Windows 7 will have to enhance many of the audio visual and operational aspects of video game software."

Source: http://en.kioskea.ne...es-on-windows-7

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

Your confusing me.
You say you had XP. Then you installed Win 7. If you installed Win 7 that is an upgrade. Unless you bought a new computer with win 7?
If you installed win 7 on to the XP machine (upgraded) you need to delete the gta_sa.set file as it now contains incorrect data.

faisal6309
  • faisal6309

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (Gamelord @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 05:50)
I remember playing GTA:SA on windows 7. It worked fine just some problems because I had a lots of mods installed. But some games on my pc ran too fast when on windows 7 but they ran perfectly on XP. I'll say you should switch back to windows XP or try out windows 8 as I did.

I have installed Windows 8 on my laptop. I tried to run Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and it didn't work on my laptop. Also I tried this game on Windows 8 with compatibility, DEP (Data Execution Prevention) but it didn't work. GTA 3 and GTA Vice City work fine on Windows 8 but I have already ended both games and I don't want to play these games anymore. That's why I was trying to install GTA San Andreas.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

Are you having us on?
You have windows XP?
You have windows 7 Enterprise?
You have windows 8? Windows 8 is not friendly with GTA: SA. That we've seen before.
Please, stick with one OS. And what is the problem with THAT windows?

faisal6309
  • faisal6309

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 08:14)
Are you having us on?
You have windows XP?
You have windows 7 Enterprise?
You have windows 8? Windows 8 is not friendly with GTA: SA. That we've seen before.
Please, stick with one OS. And what is the problem with THAT windows?

I have windows 8 installed on my laptop and Windows 7 Enterprise on my desktop computer. I tried this game on both operating systems but it gives me error that Grand Theft Auto has stopped working.
I tried different compatibility modes.
I tried to run with DEP.
But I didn't succeed.
I want to play this game on my desktop computer and I am unable to run this game on my Windows 7 Enterprise, which is installed on my desktop computer.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

I believe you've got a pair of "Gaming Unfriendly" Operating Systems.
Both appear, to me, to be Non-Gaming systems, Win 7 Enterprise is intended for Business programs.
Windows Enterprize especially doesn't seem to have any mention of Gaming Applications in what I've been able to read.
Windows 8 seems to be for Social programs as well. It could be Microsofts way of trashing the current games, much like Win 7 killed DOS games.

faisal6309
  • faisal6309

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 11:45)
I believe you've got a pair of "Gaming Unfriendly" Operating Systems.
Both appear, to me, to be Non-Gaming systems, Win 7 Enterprise is intended for Business programs.
Windows Enterprize especially doesn't seem to have any mention of Gaming Applications in what I've been able to read.
Windows 8 seems to be for Social programs as well. It could be Microsofts way of trashing the current games, much like Win 7 killed DOS games.

Okay, tell me if changing operating system can run Grand Theft Auto San Andreas?
Which operating system should I install on my computer to run this game.
I can not purchase Windows XP now. So is there any other edition of Windows that can run this game?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:59 PM Edited by lil weasel, 02 April 2013 - 02:03 PM.

XP is the best. However, I have also run it on my Vista and Windows 7 'Home Premium' machines.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Alright, out of ALL these posts you made, you have failed to mention any specs about your PC to help determine if it is the game OR PC at fault?

So, PLEASE post the REQUIRED information from the Troubleshooting topic as posted by a Moderator, so we can better help you:
If the bug list cannot help, you'll need to post a new topic. Please provide useful topic titles. "Help" or "problem" give us no insight into the problem - every topic in the Troubleshooting forum will no doubt entail a problem seeking help!

To get the most amount of help for your problem, we need as many details as we can get about your system's specs. Therefore it is highly suggested (read: demanded) that you provide:
• What version number of GTA: SA for PC-V1, V2, OR V3? Where did you obtain the game from?
•Did the game work normally at any time before, did you change anything

(To accurately diagnose problems the following should be posted for any PC problems)
• What CPU and its speed
• How much RAM, also what kind (DDR, SDRAM) and speed
• What video card and Vram AND How much dedicated vram
• Which version of Windows (and any service packs)
• Which DirectX version
• What sound card
• History: Is this your first install? Did it work once before? Anything that is relevant.
• Screenshots, if applicable. This is especially necessary with display issues which can be explained far easier by use of visual aids.
• Above all else, a detailed description of your problem. Give as much information as possible! Keep it relevant, though. We don't need a fifty-page printout from some diagnosis program. Usually the above prompts will suffice.

If you don't know the more detailed specs of your system, and the system control panel is of little help for most of these, download and use Everest Free Edition 2.20 or Fresh Diagnose. Be sure to extract only the relevant information from these programs - again, lengthy printouts are meaningless and tedious to rifle through.

Do not ask questions relating to modding in any way or form - we have an entire editing subforum to house any such inquiries.

Sorry, I'm just getting tired of seeing people ask questions and everyone else trying to help have to turn around and ask that person questions that should have been already included with the original question.

faisal6309
  • faisal6309

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 18:32)
Alright, out of ALL these posts you made, you have failed to mention any specs about your PC to help determine if it is the game OR PC at fault?

So, PLEASE post the REQUIRED information from the Troubleshooting topic as posted by a Moderator, so we can better help you:
If the bug list cannot help, you'll need to post a new topic. Please provide useful topic titles. "Help" or "problem" give us no insight into the problem - every topic in the Troubleshooting forum will no doubt entail a problem seeking help!

To get the most amount of help for your problem, we need as many details as we can get about your system's specs. Therefore it is highly suggested (read: demanded) that you provide:
• What version number of GTA: SA for PC-V1, V2, OR V3? Where did you obtain the game from?
•Did the game work normally at any time before, did you change anything

(To accurately diagnose problems the following should be posted for any PC problems)
• What CPU and its speed
• How much RAM, also what kind (DDR, SDRAM) and speed
• What video card and Vram AND How much dedicated vram
• Which version of Windows (and any service packs)
• Which DirectX version
• What sound card
• History: Is this your first install? Did it work once before? Anything that is relevant.
• Screenshots, if applicable. This is especially necessary with display issues which can be explained far easier by use of visual aids.
• Above all else, a detailed description of your problem. Give as much information as possible! Keep it relevant, though. We don't need a fifty-page printout from some diagnosis program. Usually the above prompts will suffice.

If you don't know the more detailed specs of your system, and the system control panel is of little help for most of these, download and use Everest Free Edition 2.20 or Fresh Diagnose. Be sure to extract only the relevant information from these programs - again, lengthy printouts are meaningless and tedious to rifle through.

Do not ask questions relating to modding in any way or form - we have an entire editing subforum to house any such inquiries.

Sorry, I'm just getting tired of seeing people ask questions and everyone else trying to help have to turn around and ask that person questions that should have been already included with the original question.

This is my machines specs
Dell Optiplex 745
Pentium D 2 Processors 2.66 Ghz
2 GB RAM DDR2
Built-in VGA (128 MB)
Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 2
DirectX 10
Built-in Sound Card
No problem with this game. This is the first time I get this proble after installing Windows 7 Enterprise.
I install this game with no errors, but when I tried to play, it gave me this error "GTA has stopped working"
I will add image later.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

You needn't post an image (if you do make it 640x480 or a LINK) it is a frequent one for problems.
I still believe it's your 'business intended' Operating system. You are the First Player to report using it.
And we have already had a few People with Window 8 saying the game won't play.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:10 PM Edited by radioman, 03 April 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Built-in VGA (128 MB)

Alright, the first thing that raises a red flag here is the fact you say you have SP2 for Windows 7-there is NO SP2 for Windows 7-ONLY SP1..? So, are you sure about that one? Thanks for clearing that one up Lil Weasal smile.gif

So, What exactly is your Video card? ie. Intel, VIA/SIS, AMD, OR Nvidia? What is the model of the Video card? Is that 128MB Dedicated vram OR Shared Vram?

Also, Try getting a legit version of Windows 7-one that is for personal use-NOT Business purposes-ie. Either Windows 7 Home Basic, Premium, Pro, OR Ultimate and the problem should be solved-unless you have a SIS/VIA video card...?

faisal6309
  • faisal6309

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 17:10)
Built-in VGA (128 MB)

Alright, the first thing that raises a red flag here is the fact you say you have SP2 for Windows 7-there is NO SP2 for Windows 7-ONLY SP1..? So, are you sure about that one? Thanks for clearing that one up Lil Weasal smile.gif

So, What exactly is your Video card? ie. Intel, VIA/SIS, AMD, OR Nvidia? What is the model of the Video card? Is that 128MB Dedicated vram OR Shared Vram?

Also, Try getting a legit version of Windows 7-one that is for personal use-NOT Business purposes-ie. Either Windows 7 Home Basic, Premium, Pro, OR Ultimate and the problem should be solved-unless you have a SIS/VIA video card...?

I think I should install Windows 7 basic on my machine and then try running this game first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users