» «
Photo

Thoughts about the game after visiting NYC

4 replies to this topic
eilabouni_rudy
  • eilabouni_rudy

Punkbuster

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:31 AM Edited by eilabouni_rudy, 29 March 2013 - 01:46 AM.

I've visited New York City for only a day back in November last year, and I visited again this week. I stayed in a hotel in Manhattan for 2 nights this time... And really... Just walking around the city made me want to play GTA IV so bad!

I am creating this topic just to talk about the amazing job Rockstar did on GTA IV. It is unbelievable... I mean it wasn't just the Times Square and central Manhattan and the other big places that are really shown in the game but it was more of the suburbs and once you go into the areas where people actually live... Up in Harlem... Or the Bronx or down in Brooklyn and Queens... It is just amazing! Or if you go about an hour outside of the city... to Westchester county... Where a lot of rich people live... It is also shown in the game... It is where that rich mob guy that you work for one time lives... Or at least that's how it looks...

So I personally love New York City... It is just an amazing place for me... And every time I am there... All I could think of is GTA IV! That's how well done this game is!

What about you? What did you think when you first visited New York about the game?

Reiji
  • Reiji

Sarcastic Cock

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

Same deal in Miami. I went there for a music festival. The map was spot on and the entire area felt like I was in Vice City.

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

It mostly is amazing to the visitor, but Lazlow who has lived and worked in NYC, doesn't love the place as much.

smith02john
  • smith02john

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Definitely it is dream city of everyone. I myself use to think, listen and see it on TV but so far I have not got any chance to be there even I don't know when I get chance to be there. Some of my friends went New work last month and as they came back they are praising of it.
MERCEDES BENZ 2013

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yeah I've been to New York City a number of times, it is indeed a great city, and I can confidently say that in my view, Rockstar did a very excellent job of re-creating NYC in a very realistic manner with GTA IV's Liberty City. They pretty much got most of it right. To me, LC in IV, very much looked and felt like it's real-life NYC counterpart in almost every way possible, whenever I explored the city within the game. Every NYC borough was very well re-created in IV, and it was great the way Algonquin, Broker, Dukes and Bohan all felt different from each other and had their own distinct identities, - because that is how the 5 boroughs of NYC is in real-life.

I'll definitely agree with the OP on this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users