Photo

Last G-Spotlight Jump

7 replies to this topic
Cuthbert
  • Cuthbert

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

I have done 35 of the stunts, but I can't get credit for the last of the three G-Spotlight jumps (the one the ends on the roof with the spotlight and that is number 3 on this list: http://www.gtavice.com/stunts/). I've done it dozens of times with a PCJ 600 and a Sanchez. I get the slow motion, but never any credit. I've watched walk through videos and searched through numerous forums, but I can't figure out what I'm missing. Is there some non-obvious requirement? I'm using the iPad version. Thanks.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

That one doesn't really have anything special- http://www.gtavice.c....php?image=3637

Are you landing on the upper part of the roof (the part the edge of the corona is sitting on) and not possibly going above the corona (going so fast you are sailing over the required landing area)

Just so we are clear-- your VC version (I-pad) will give you a message if you have completed the jump before correct?? I've played on android and it will do that so I am assuming it is the same on IOS.

If you were on PC I'd say you are missing another jump but if you are not getting the message (and you are supposed to if completed before) then something might be screwy??

This is somewhat extreme fix but you may want to consider reinstalling the game-- and then reloading your save and retrying--

A few months ago-- somone else on IOS had an issue with the message not popping up that they had already completed a jump... http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=538926

so I will ask-- are you absolutely sure his is your missing jump??

I'm going to move this to gameplay as it is a better fit in that section (under VC)....

Spuds

Cuthbert
  • Cuthbert

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

My iPad version has told me when I correctly do a jump I've already done correctly, and I have not received that message here. I am pretty sure that this was the only remaining jump. I'm not landing above the first part of the roof, but I'll try using less speed and landing earlier. Then, I'll back through the other jumps in case there's a glitch, but maybe I'll have to try the reinstall.

Thanks.

(Also, sorry for posting in the wrong part of the forum. Newbie mistake.)

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Cuthbert @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 04:44)

(Also, sorry for posting in the wrong part of the forum. Newbie mistake.)

No worries-- it gives me something to do wink.gif

The reinstall would be a last resort type of thing-- like if you are absolutely sure it was the final jump...

You could try posting up your save and see if someone else is willing to try and get that one for you (to see if it is an issue with your install or not)

Cuthbert
  • Cuthbert

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

I didn't reinstall, but I did restart and saved my progress in another slot. Then I concentrated on doing what needed to get a second shot at G-Spotlight. I got credit on the first try for the final "spotlight" jump. So it was either a bug as Spuds725 guessed, or the iPad version gives you only one shot at this jump.

I don't think the problem was that I already had done the jump because I didn't get the stunt already completed message that you get when you do a stunt right for the second time.

Thanks for the help. I had to restart, but that's better than spinning my wheels in a game that can't be completed.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:19 PM Edited by Spuds725, 01 April 2013 - 03:41 PM.

That sucks you have to restart-- have you tried going back to that save one more time and trying??

Try this-- maybe it will reset something--- open up game. Start a new game. Click through cutscenes until you get control of Tommy.... and pause. Load up your "messed up save" and try it one more time....

This was posted in the buglist about missing stuff not showing up (ie rampages, packages, etc....)-- I know for a fact this will prevent you from experiencing the purple nines glitch in GTA III....

What occurs in the purple nines glitch-- if you have a save where you have already completed the mission late in the game where you kill the purple nines gang.... when you start a new game with that save already in memory (ie loaded)-- the new game will be created without the purple nines gang existing in the game--- you will play through the game normally and then get to the final island only to find no purple nines and you CANNOT complete the mission where you have to kill them (20 of them I think).

(when I say loaded already-- game is loaded, you pause and click start new game rather then start a new game with out the save loaded or autoloaded--- on PS2-- you have to remove your memory card and power down the PS2 and power it back up to get it to start a new game properly)

Perhaps this is a similar "type" bug.

I'd at least try the above and give it one last go....

HTH...

//edit// Kind of late for you but it is possible to do the last 2 g-spotlight jumps without doing ANY mission....

You have to get to the west island early....

Then get a bike up on top of the downtown hospital--- this one takes a few tries to master.

Skip to the 2 minute point of this video---

This gets you on top of the hospital and I believe the first jump off the hospital is the 2nd G-spotlight unique jump... then just follow rest of course to get the 3rd one-- you will have to know it well considering you don't have coronas to guide you... I urge you to watch a video.

The stairway you can use to get back up on the roofs-- is only triggered in the mission-- so this is the only way up there.

Y2kcjc
  • Y2kcjc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

Just to say I had the same issue playing on iPad 3. That jump won't pop for me - I've done it probably 30 times and been round all the others at least twice.. All say the jump is already completed.

Same for one of the hidden packages in the airport. I'm also only showing 35/36 rampages but again - have been round every location three times to make sure there's none left.

No cheats used (which I've been told makes some of these stop working), but I did do all this in Dec 2012 straight after release so it may have been picked up as a bug for starting a new game now. Tried the 'start a new game, get control of Tommy then load up' suggestion above but that didn't work either.

It may say 98% but I'm calling it 100% completion anyway... smile.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:11 PM Edited by Spuds725, 06 June 2013 - 01:34 PM.

Can you please upload your save file to this site and post the link it gives you back here... http://gtasnp.com/home

I want to take a look at it with a game editor that is "supposed" to tell you what is left (where the remaining jumps/rampages/packages are)

Thanks.

I will post back up what it tells me for you--

If it makes you feel any better-- this has occurred on Android also http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=552489

I got the jump in question to register on my (android) save file-- I have yet to unlock the G-spotlight mission though-- so I still have the one out the window to do (I completed all of the others and got all the packages-- have not gone after the rampages yet)

Moved thread to troubleshooting section....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users