Quantcast

» «
Photo

Lightning

22 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think lightning is interactive? (129 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think lightning is interactive?

1. yep (39 votes [30.95%])

Percentage of vote: 30.95%

2. nope (87 votes [69.05%])

Percentage of vote: 69.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Can it hit us? hit trees & start a fire? hit your plane & send it down?
Whatta ya think?

Cobra2012
  • Cobra2012

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

I dont think it can strike the player but planes, trees yes

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

'Course I can.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

I don't know, let me just ring rockstar up and il find out for you.

Imagine driving down a country lane at night and suddenly BAM lightning hits your car with a loud noise. If that is possible then that would be the best 2 seconds of my gaming life.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

I cant see why it isn't possible (if the lightening in game does "touch ground", but even if it "could" im guessing it will take us a while to find out, because chances are the odds would be similar to real life... and unless consoles get some kind of "R* Social Club" features like the game recorder...we will either be waiting for it to happen to a pc player... or someone that just happens to be filming their screen while playing on console the moment that 1/1,000,000 thing happens! tounge.gif

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

so dumb..

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 21:52)
I don't know, let me just ring rockstar up and il find out for you.

Imagine driving down a country lane at night and suddenly BAM lightning hits your car with a loud noise. If that is possible then that would be the best 2 seconds of my gaming life.

I know someone that has had their car hit by lightening, and apparently it really is something else!

During it he said everything went blue... all that was left afterwards was a dent in his door where it hit, and all the electrics in the car died (luckily this was during the 80s so that means just the radio lol tounge.gif )

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

and maybe start a forest fire, then it starts to spread just like the California wildfires

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

I think it can, I sure hope it can at least.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 16:52)
'Course I can.

icon14.gif

I don't think so. I think it'll be just like in TDU 2 - ugh - where you see the lightning strikes but they never hit you.

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 21:57)
and maybe start a forest fire, then it starts to spread just like the California wildfires

Lol it would be cool, but the console would either lock up or lag like a motherfu**er

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 14:55)
so dumb..

Why is it dumb? Are you sure you're in the right topic?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

The lightning could be fake. But who knows. It could strike. It usully strikes higher places so you have a better chance on top a mountain/building, or in a plane/helicopter. Lightning could actually strike places like in Minecraft or Flight Simulator. But then again, it could be a background effect. But it might not be, as it looks like the game very well could have 3D clouds you can fly over so that could mean realistic lightning. I do know that in GTA IV, lightning sounds a lot closer when your flying high in a helicopter or up high on a building, but it doesn't actually strike you. They just have that for effect.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 23:00)
The lightning could be fake. But who knows. It could strike. It usully strikes higher places so you have a better chance on top a mountain/building, or in a plane/helicopter. Lightning could actually strike places like in Minecraft or Flight Simulator. But then again, it could be a background effect. But it might not be, as it looks like the game very well could have 3D clouds you can fly over so that could mean realistic lightning. I do know that in GTA IV, lightning sounds a lot closer when your flying high in a helicopter or up high on a building, but it doesn't actually strike you. They just have that for effect.

While the height thing is generally true, it has been known to strike sh*t on the ground right next to high things!

5-10years back in London a girl got struck as she walked out the main doors of a high rise block of flats!

She was wearing a nylon "puffer" jacket and I think that is the main possible reason "they" gave.

Also in my home town around 10-15years ago, the train station clock got hit, while directly across the road from it is a taller building with a 20foot lightening rod on top lol!

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

If proper lightning storms are rare, then lightning hitting trees or buildings and starting a fire could be an interesting scripted event, giving the fire brigade something to do without the player being involved. Also it would be cool if you flew into the storm for it to hit the plane, although I'd prefer it not to have any real effect other than to vibrate the controller and rock the plane a bit. I'd also rather it didn't hit us as we're walking around though, that could be really annoying after the first time.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Never has, never will. It's good to keep the game realistic and all, but I don't think R* want's keep you restricted.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Back in 2007 - this year is notorious for it's wildfire history in Southern California - it was was bone dry.
The fire risk was quite scary. I think I recall one major wildfire originating from a burning eighteen-wheeler, the other one was actually from dry lightning.
You see when a thunderstorm rolled pass some area in Southern California, it refused to dump rain but there sure was lightning. Pretty awful, but this get's me thinking. What if there is dry lightning in the countryside of Los Santos? If you're close enough you can see a fire starting where the strike hit.

I think it would be interesting and fun. I'd also love it if we could start huge fires like in San Andreas. I had once got a fire to spread and last for over 30 minutes.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (blakeney @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 21:55)
I cant see why it isn't possible (if the lightening in game does "touch ground", but even if it "could" im guessing it will take us a while to find out, because chances are the odds would be similar to real life... and unless consoles get some kind of "R* Social Club" features like the game recorder...we will either be waiting for it to happen to a pc player... or someone that just happens to be filming their screen while playing on console the moment that 1/1,000,000 thing happens! tounge.gif

obviously it's rare, thats what'd be great maybe it hits ya, maybe you only see it happen via someone else on youtube or some crap. just the fact that it could would be awesome!

I guess it prob wouldn't bring down a plane. but whoever said just make it vibrate the controller...thats a good idea. Maybe shake the plane a bit. it'd be sweet.

I'd like to see it hit & split a tree or something though. Tree in my front yard was damn near split in half by lightning once

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

Probably the worst poll I've ever seen.
  • pikachu2g likes this

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

I highly doubt that lightning in GTA V will ever hit the ground or the player/other objects on the ground for that matter and will more then likely just be a weather effect more than anything else; I could be wrong though. IMO the exception would probably be when flying through lightning storms.

It would be cool if lightning did hit objects on the ground and cause fire, though.

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

They replaced hidden packages with getting struck with lightning 100 times.

nc77
  • nc77

PCMR member

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

The lightning probably won't interact with player, but with high buildings and trees which is more possible. We've seen really good fire on screenshot with burning tree.

JupiterSkies
  • JupiterSkies

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Nothing more than beautiful scenery!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users