Photo

Mini Clubman 1275GT

7 replies to this topic
Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Well as most of you know it's been 4 months since I got rid of my Mini and now it will soon be replaced. The replacement is a bit of a restoration project but it's a genuine 1275GT (Which are skyrocketing in value at the moment, should make a good investment). My Dad has bought this Clubman over eBay unseen since it was a bit of a bargain, hopefully it wont be too bad when we see it in the flesh.

user posted image

user posted image

Will hopefully be taking my Dad down to pick it up on Friday providing the buyer agrees.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Everybody seems to be possessed about owning a Mini of some sort it seems. biggrin.gif Hope to see some work in progress pics too soon, looks like a neat project.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Never been big on the long-nosed clubman fronts, but still cool cars regardless. Looking forward to the project.

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Took my Dad down to pick it up today. He got the price down from 1500 to 1275 rather appropriately. It drove the 120 or so miles home without any problems. It's now parked up waiting for some attention. There's a classic car show fairly nearby on Monday so we'll probably be taking it down there and parking it next to the sparkly concours cars. So far it looks like it'll need a bit of welding to the floors, both scuttle ends could do with replacing and the rear lip by the valance has seen better days. No doubt more will be uncovered soon.

user posted image

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Poked a few holes in the front of it today removing filler. Apart from that I've been sanding down surface rust back to bare metal and primering it to keep it from rusting to pieces.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Nice job, looks like you're making good progress. I just hope there aren't any more rusty surprises... lol.gif

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

Front and back end in primer now awaiting rust repairs:

user posted image

user posted image

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members