Photo

Was the game easy?

23 replies to this topic
PeeWeeKermit89
  • PeeWeeKermit89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

Did anyone else think the story missions were pretty easy compared to the other games in the series? Dont get me wrong, I thought the story was great, but I beat most missions in one try. I talked to other people about this and most seemed to agree.

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Answer my question honestly,do you use cheats/have you ever used them?

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

Even without cheat codes, the game is fairly easy. I admit, when I first played it the game was a bit hard, especially that last mission, but I played the game over again back in July and it was very easy. Awesome storyline however, one of the best in the entire series imho.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

I admit that there was a lot of missions I had to do again, and there was also some missions I had to do 3+ times.

Like:

The snowstorm.
Hostile Negotiation.
Blow your cover.
I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, and Your Motorcycle.
Deconstruction for Beginners.
Wrong is Right.
A Long Way to Fall.
Pegorino's Pride.
Liquidize the Assets.

PeeWeeKermit89
  • PeeWeeKermit89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Wass @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 23:50)
Answer my question honestly,do you use cheats/have you ever used them?

Yes, I have used cheats. But only after I beat the story. If I use cheats during the story, I will make sure not to save the game.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

i stopped using cheats when i got my PS3 in 2008 when GTA IV was being planned. cheats made games too easy. Granted i do think SOME missions were easy, but it set the mood for the game. You weren't actually playing a game, R* wanted you to LIVE in it. Which out of my collection of games i have, GTA IV is still the MOST PLAYED, and i have been playing since release date.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

Yes it is a fairly easy game, but I don't mind cause it's awesome!!! All gta games are easy for me except for a few missions. I would rather play fairly easy games than highly frustrating ones where you just want to throw your screen through the window!!!

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

GTA IV has an awesome storyline, but it's pretty easy. Some missions are a bit challenging. I like a good challenge, though wink.gif

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

The difficulty is perfect IMO.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Linki @ Thursday, Mar 28 2013, 21:05)
The difficulty is perfect IMO.

Yes, exactly. Not too hard, not too easy. I think all the missions on IV/EFLC are really fun. I love all of them.

jimbo1a
  • jimbo1a

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (thebodies @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 00:05)
I admit that there was a lot of missions I had to do again, and there was also some missions I had to do 3+ times.

I hated that mission, I am not really a fan of motorbikes but it is more me as I am a crap rider so any mission involving bikes was a struggle for me

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (jimbo1a @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 19:57)

I hated that mission, I am not really a fan of motorbikes but it is more me as I am a crap rider so any mission involving bikes was a struggle for me

Me too, that guy I was chasing always disappeared.

I think the mission was in Algonquin. I route he drived was like a f*ckin' maze

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Yes. This was by far the easiest GTA.

But to be honest, I'd rather have it easy and do-able in 1 attempt than overly hard to the point of extreme anger, taking like 10+ tries.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Am I the only who thinks RDR is actually easier? Health regeneration and more checkpoints make it feel alot easier.

To GTA IV's credit you still have to physically find health and there aren't any checkpoints beside the end. I like its level of difficulty though.

It strikes a good balance.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

It's just right, it isn't too difficult so that certain missions are impossible but on the other hand, it's not too easy so I would say it's reasonable. Certain missions could have been a bit more difficult but it was okay in my opinion.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

I played the game on PS3. At first, I completed the story on auto aim. There were hard parts, but it was a decent difficulty. Later, on my second gameplay, I tried to complete the game without auto-aim. It was kinda hard, but also it was challenging. Sadly, I only could go with auto aim until "The Master and Molotov" mission. It was really hard shooting at Faustin's men and chasing Faustin himself.

Overall, it was kinda medium. If I'd play it on PC, I don't think the difficulty would change for me.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (thebodies @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 20:05)

Like:

The snowstorm.
Hostile Negotiation.
Blow your cover.
Wrong is Right.
A Long Way to Fall.
Pegorino's Pride.
Liquidize the Assets.

The snow storm wasn´t hard, you just needed to pick up the Jetmax behind the hosptal.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

If you played with auto aim, you're a p*ssy. And the game is really easy. But with natural aim, its pretty decent difficulty, smooth throughout.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Distrom @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 01:47)
QUOTE (thebodies @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 20:05)

Like:

The snowstorm.
Hostile Negotiation.
Blow your cover.
Wrong is Right.
A Long Way to Fall.
Pegorino's Pride.
Liquidize the Assets.

The snow storm wasn´t hard, you just needed to pick up the Jetmax behind the hosptal.

I did. The hard part was when I picked up the coke, and the cops and NOOSE came to the hospital. I couldn't find any way out, and the cops and NOOSE kept shooting at me when I tried to find a way out.

UncleD
  • UncleD

Don't worry guys, soon the wait will be all Ogre

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

I turned it on at 1 o'clock in the day last week and had it finished by 11 o'clock.

No cheats, no auto-aim, no deaths, no busts, no mission fails.

Maybe I play it to much but its far to easy.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

At my first playthorugh it was hard. It usually took me 10-30 times to complete missions which have wanted level of 3 or more or missions which had big shootouts. Now, I pass them in one try. (I am still an auto-aim noob though)

Now, the only mission I fail is "Do you got protection?" because I really want to kill Dimitri in many different ways...

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (thebodies @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 20:14)
QUOTE (jimbo1a @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 19:57)

Me too, that guy I was chasing always disappeared.

I think the mission was in Algonquin. I route he drived was like a f*ckin' maze

Huh? I thought that mission was awesome, I enjoy it every time, can't see how it's hard all you need to do is follow a bike.

Anyways the only mission that annoys me is the one where you go with Phil Bellend to the docks. You have the long truck drive and Phil's AI has him think taking cover behind an explosive canister is a brilliant idea! confused.gif

Missions are quite easy tbh. I play with manual aim and mostly only use my pistol apart from when the game supplies me with something else, like Three Leaf Clover.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

I think some missions were pretty hard but far from unbeatable. Anyway, I hate difficult games where the difficulty ruins the feeling of natural progression. I tend to give up on such games as I just want have fun and get a cool experience.

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (Above @ Wednesday, Apr 10 2013, 05:56)
I think some missions were pretty hard but far from unbeatable. Anyway, I hate difficult games where the difficulty ruins the feeling of natural progression. I tend to give up on such games as I just want have fun and get a cool experience.

Right. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users