Photo

Player Damage

16 replies to this topic
MattyIce
  • MattyIce

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

I'm sure there's a topic similar to this one somewhere amidst the 50 something pages of topics here, but I don't feel like searching for it just to bump it, so f*ck it.

Anyways, Player Damage:

I'd really like them to add on to this from GTA IV (which was a great stepping stone, btw)

I'm not necessarily going to bring up the "dismemberment" debate again, (although I would love it), I'm focusing more on after car accidents or baseball attacks, etc.

In GTA IV, lets say you're evading police in an ultra-sleek and fast-as-f*ck Cheetah: during the chase if you cause a massive wreck, the player would get out of the car and sprint/run/walk away like that huge wreck never happened. I hated this. Aside from the occasional flying out the front windshield, GTA IV had no realistic player damage after a huge wreck. I really think the player should get out of the car (assuming it's totaled) and limp away; holding his leg or head or arm, etc. whichever part of the body received the most force from the impact. I think it would add an awesome amount of realism to the game if car wrecks affected the players health in a much more natural way. Ie- you slam into a wall at 100+mph, I feel that should be instant "Wasted" screen.

As far as weapon wounds, GTA IV did an excellent job with this, especially bullet wounds via pistol. Although I'd like them to add on a bit more to it. Ie- Hitting someone with a bat, or blunt object- I would love for them to implement a broken bone feature to the game.

Say you smash a peds leg with a bat, repeatedly, I don't want that to kill them. Instead I think the ped should (try to, depending on how severely you beat them) stand up and walk off; screaming and holding their leg, or whichever limb you decide to attack.

I think the addition of broken bones would be a fun new feature to the game; although I don't know how hard this would be for them to implement, as I am in no way, shape or form a video game designer.

Thoughts?

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

I like the idea of limping out of a car crash. I don't think it would be as indepth as depending on here he got hit etc, it'd probably be a canned limping and holding arm with the other animation. But that would be enough. It could last for about 10 seconds maybe (before it gets annoying).

As for taking damage from a car crash or even dying straight off; no thanks, that's just not fun.

MattyIce
  • MattyIce

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (shattered-minds @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 00:06)
I like the idea of limping out of a car crash. I don't think it would be as indepth as depending on here he got hit etc, it'd probably be a canned limping and holding arm with the other animation. But that would be enough. It could last for about 10 seconds maybe (before it gets annoying).

As for taking damage from a car crash or even dying straight off; no thanks, that's just not fun.

I can understand that. I just personally would enjoy if car wrecks at a certain speed killed you, I think it would bring out more sense of caution while driving; instead of speeding everywhere without any real consequence.

And I agree that the after-car-wreck animation should only last 10-15 secs.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:34 AM Edited by Red XIII, 26 March 2013 - 01:39 AM.

GTA isn't about realism, man. Its all about fun, what happened to the gold ole days of just playing a game not caring about how unrealistic it is. I want to crash at 2oo mph and just get out the car like nothing happened. GTAIV's gameplay was slow, I don't want it to be even slower by limping around, that would be frustrating.

broken bones wouldn't be good either, what if a mission requires you to chase someone but you cant because you have a broken leg? what if you fall down and break both your legs? is the player just going sit and waddle around on the floor? or you broke your arm you wouldn't be able to drive.

I think it would bring out more sense of caution while driving; instead of speeding everywhere without any real consequence

That wouldn't be no fun, considering I(and many others) crash a lot at high speeds, that would just become annoying.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

I just want to be able to torture people, like repeatedly shooting them in the hands, legs and dick haha. and they die slowly. lol.gif
  • pikachu2g likes this

MattyIce
  • MattyIce

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 01:34)
GTA isn't about realism, man. Its all about fun, what happened to the gold ole days of just playing a game not caring about how unrealistic it is. I want to crash at 2oo mph and just get out the car like nothing happened. GTAIV's gameplay was slow, I don't want it to be even slower by limping around, that would be frustrating.

broken bones wouldn't be good either, what if a mission requires you to chase someone but you cant because you have a broken leg? what if you fall down and break both your legs? is the player just going sit and waddle around on the floor? or you broke your arm you wouldn't be able to drive.

I think it would bring out more sense of caution while driving; instead of speeding everywhere without any real consequence

That wouldn't be no fun, considering I(and many others) crash a lot at high speeds, that would just become annoying.

Well, I agree that GTA IV was slow, I actually had a thread a while back regarding the players agility. What I'm suggesting is just a brief, we'll say, 5-10 sec animation for the player after MAJOR accidents, just to emphasize how extreme the accident/impact was. Obviously I wouldn't want anything that would be annoying or take out the fluidity of the game, just a rare animation that only happens during major wrecks.

And as far as broken bones, I would still love them, not to the extreme that you mentioned (not being able to drive a car) which is real dumb because you could, in all actuality, still drive a car with a broken arm. I think if you break a bone, it would be the same as health, get a pack, eat, or drive ambulance and your fixed.

And as far as during missions, that's on YOU the player. If you break your leg doing something ridiculous during a mission, too bad, mission failed, start over (or at checkpoint hopefully).

It shouldn't be EASY to break your bones, so it wouldn't be annoying, just on certain rare occasions.

Don't make this about being TOO realistic, I agree it's just a game and should be fluid and fun. I'm merely suggesting small features I believe should be included, to enhance the fun of the game, not ruin it.

Reiji
  • Reiji

Sarcastic Cock

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

i cry evertim chop gets crippled.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

Oh sure, punish every stuntman in existence why don't you? Because it's not like a lot of people bought GTA in order to act out crazy and stupid stunts in a consequence free environment, right?

Oh wait, that's exactly why alot of people bought it. I'm getting sick of all this realism talk. You want a simulator? Go play ARMA or something.

MattyIce
  • MattyIce

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 03:31)
Oh sure, punish every stuntman in existence why don't you? Because it's not like a lot of people bought GTA in order to act out crazy and stupid stunts in a consequence free environment, right?

Oh wait, that's exactly why alot of people bought it. I'm getting sick of all this realism talk. You want a simulator? Go play ARMA or something.

For my second time in a reply this thread, I'll again state: DON'T MAKE THIS ABOUT BEING TOO REALISTIC.

Im merely suggesting a small feature/animation that wouldnt affect the game much, so... f*ck off smile.gif

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (MattyIce @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 20:34)

For my second time in a reply this thread, I'll again state: DON'T MAKE THIS ABOUT BEING TOO REALISTIC.

Im merely suggesting a small feature/animation that wouldnt affect the game much, so... f*ck off smile.gif

I don't really care that my guy doesn't limp from car crashes. Every protagonist in GTA so far has had super powers like that. Name one protagonist that could only carry 2 instead of 8 weapons. Name one that couldn't get away with every single crime including murder of civilians and cops with a $200 bribe.

Bottom line, this doesn't seem necessary.

MattyIce
  • MattyIce

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 03:37)

I don't really care that my guy doesn't limp from car crashes. Every protagonist in GTA so far has had super powers like that. Name one protagonist that could only carry 2 instead of 8 weapons. Name one that couldn't get away with every single crime including murder of civilians and cops with a $200 bribe.

I'm a fa**ot imbecile.

Mr Shade
  • Mr Shade

Reptilian God

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (MattyIce @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 03:45)
QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 03:37)

I'm a fa**ot imbecile.

Yes you are. This idea is terrible along with all the other realism threads on the forum, as many people buy GTA to act out and do stupid sh*t not to run it bullsh*t problems such as breaking your legs.

Werebot
  • Werebot

Grand Auto Thefter

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

Imagine having broken legs and riding along on a pimped-out wheelchair doing drive-by shootings with prostitutes sitting on your lap... o_O

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing characters limp or hold their ribs with their right hand while holding a weapon with their left hand if they take too much damage. But some people are against it.

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (aaronimpact @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 11:31)
I wouldn't mind seeing characters limp or hold their ribs with their right hand while holding a weapon with their left hand if they take too much damage. But some people are against it.

Exactly. I think that mixed with a limp (not slowing the player down, just with a hobble in their step) for about 5 or 6 seconds before it gets annoying. The people so against need to realise that it if you had a big crash at 200mph, the game wouldn't be forcing the player to get out of the car (unless the car has already been bashed a lot and his just given in) but if you did, you'd be treated to that extra little detail that doesn't affect gameplay.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

IV player damage was good. body limp towards the wall and some blood. little damage to health.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

I would like a system that told me what damage I had done - I could 'lol' at myself for hurling through the windscreen and smacking into a wall = broken legs, arm, collar bone, bruising all over haha!! - health goes down and your player resembles being hurt but not to a degree where u were stuck like it until you got health... maybe you would limp slowly for 10 seconds etc but your health wouldnt go up till you found some.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users