Photo

How to survive the Mafia?

15 replies to this topic
BlueIslandGamer
  • BlueIslandGamer

"Somebody Call a Medic!"

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

I'm going to complete all missions in GTA III soon, but before that I want to collect all hidden packages, but everytime I go near Mafia territory, I get my ass blowed up. Is there any way to survive these punks?

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

You surely completed "Sayonara Salvatore" and that makes the mafia attack you. You have a few options:
1 - Restart the game or if you have a save before "Sayonara Salvatore", use that save to collect the packages.
2 - Complete the mission "Arms Shortage" that you get from Ray, and get the BulletProof Barracks OL there. For more info: Google!
3 - Go to the SnP topic and put your save up there, someone else may complete it for you.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Or complete "Marked Man" and get yourself the bullet-proof Patriot from Ray.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Or get a tank...

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

@Prince Gumball - A tank will only make things worse. Yes you may kill all Mafia in your way but you also have every f*cker from the LCPD on your ass

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

I've gotten pissed off so many times because of this. >.> Also, the Colombian Cartel gang.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Simple solution-don't go to Portland anymore

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 20:49)
Simple solution-don't go to Portland anymore

That's taking off a major portion of the map. Plus, Portland is my favorite island. biggrin.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 24 April 2013 - 05:08 PM.

Some basic tips that can save your life:
  1. Always go to Saint Mark's with full health and armor (even use the 'Hooker Trick' as much as possible)
  2. DO NOT use a vehicle in the vicinity of Saint Mark's unless it's bulletproof or it is a Rhino
  3. Make sure you are equipped with powerful weaponry: M16 if you prefer manual aim or either AK47 or Shotgun if you prefer automatic aim
  4. If you see many Mafia members closing on you, floor it! It is much easier to finish them off one by one, so choose narrow alleys where they cannot fit in a line

That's all I can think of, for now... Oh, and do try to avoid the attention of the LCPD. It will get harder than hell being in Saint Marks if you get a Wanted Level.

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

You have one brilliant option left: do D-Ice's mission Rigged to Blow, where you drive his Infernus--which no one ever shoots at--to Saint Marks (but not to 8-Ball's) to get it de-bombed, once that's done, the clock's off and you can tool around picking up hidden packages before you return to Wichita Gardens. And if you need to return to Mafia land, this mission is endlessly repeatable.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

The best option is to do the side missions AND Rampages AND Hidden Packages in Portland BEFORE the Mafia hates you, thus meaning no attacks(unless you attack first). This is the Common Sense approach. confused.gif

M16 if you prefer manual aim or either AK47 or Shotgun if you prefer automatic aim

Keep in mind that on PC there is NO auto aim(only manual aim with the mouse). So, the Auto aim is only on the Console versions. Just a heads up. smile.gif

Arsen has a great tip/point-DO NOT go into St. Marks in a vehicle, unless it is bullet proof-go in on foot is better, as you have a lot better chance of defending yourself on foot then in a vehicle. smile.gif

(even use the 'Hooker Trick' as much as possible)

@Arsen, What do you mean by "hooker trick"? How are the hookers gonna help you survive shotgun rounds? Just curious.

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Thug

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

He means, use hooker to boost your health to 125hp

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

There are many completely indestructible cars you can get, too. Some can require cheats to get, but several don't.

Habbrow94
  • Habbrow94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

If they shoot at you, just shoot back. It takes them a few minutes to re spawn. Shoot them with an m16 though, they are packing shotguns.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

The Easiest Way for collecting Hidden Packages is by far doing so in the mission 'Rigged to Blow' by D-Ice as there is no gang activity present. However, if you are doing it outside of that mission, take bullet proof vehicles and/or use an offroad path at all times (to avoid the mafia). You will get them easy if you try hard smile.gif

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:46 PM Edited by Vic 2.0, 27 July 2013 - 12:53 PM.

boygilroy's suggestion is about the best way I can think of to handle your pursuit of hidden packages in Portland. But I have a tip for the rampage found right in the heart of Mafia territory (behind Toni's restaurant)? If you've already completed it, maybe someone else will find it useful.

It's practically impossible after getting the Mafia to hate you. However, there's one trick (not a cheat) I used and I walked away with the completed rampage, 91 armor, and 100 health. The only caveat is that it does require a bulletproof vehicle, preferably the Patriot you get from completing Ray's "Marked Man" mission, but you should note that there's a chance it will disappear depending on where you park it.*

Simply put, drive from the rampage starting point to the grassy area right behind Capital Autos/Easy Credit Autos (same place, different names). That's the area in between the car dealership and the Mafia territory you just left. Get a decent distance away from the road before exiting your vehicle and turning back. Now jog cautiously toward the road and watch for them to start spawning. It will still take some skill, of course, but you'll find that you can handle them much easier than you would anyplace else (that's close enough to drive to without running out of time). They'll continue to spawn and run at you so there's no need to leave this area.

*My vehicle disappeared on me once when I parked it past the easternmost corner of Capital Autos, the one furthest away from the road.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users