162 replies to this topic
Epic.
  • Epic.

Snapmatic Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Year One Survival Edition is out now.

I love the new graphical enhancements. The gameplay feels alot more fluid, better than the clunkyness of the 360 version.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love the new graphical enhancements. The gameplay feels alot more fluid, better than the clunkyness of the 360 version.

Worth purchasing again?

Epic.
  • Epic.

Snapmatic Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Worth purchasing again?

Depends, there's not alot of new things. But if you enjoyed it on the 360 and want some exclusive stuff go ahead.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 3 weeks ago.

I bought the original 360 port on Steam back in the day. Looked and played like sh*t. Haven't touched it since but I think I'll try it once again.

No way I'm buying that updated version though...I'll just buy the DLC separate on Steam. 

Epic.
  • Epic.

Snapmatic Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I bought the original 360 port on Steam back in the day. Looked and played like sh*t. Haven't touched it since but I think I'll try it once again.

No way I'm buying that updated version though...I'll just buy the DLC separate on Steam. 

With these upgrades and such, don't you think i'd be easier to buy YOSE? With a discount and everything.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

With these upgrades and such, don't you think i'd be easier to buy YOSE? With a discount and everything.

No. The "discount" is $20. It would be cheaper for me to just buy the DLC on sale. 

Also the Steam reviews aren't very good. They're basically saying it's no different from the 360 port: http://store.steampo...com/app/329430/

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

My main gripe with this game is the lack of a hard-save feature. I know they want it to have a failure state, but f*ck them, I do what I want with my games, if I want to hard save and go on a spree and f*ck sh*t up I should be able to.

Other annoyances is the controls, LT+Y=Reload? f*ck right off.

Hated the melee system, it's only savior was the dropkick which was f*cking epic and the entire reason I bought the game.

Also the game should have had f*cking co-op. At least a DLC mode with it.

I am on the fence about buying it, I got all the achievements on 360, but never got any DLC. Not sure if I want to go through the whole thing all over again for them all. Trying to keep people alive and not f*ck certain sh*t up is pretty tedious and stressful. I kind of want a Fallout/Left 4 Dead feel. Just lootin' n shootin'.

Just not sure yet.

• El Diablo likes this

Epic.
  • Epic.

Snapmatic Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Daz, I understand what you mean. State of Decay is a good entrance into it's franchise, I bet that whatever Class 4 will be it'll improve on that and more. Co-Op has been confirmed for later titles. Which i'm hoping is Class 4.

• Daz likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by El Diablo, 3 weeks ago.

I really played the sh*t out of State of Decay and Breakdown/Lifeline.

multiple playthroughs to unlock characters and powerups.

unless they're going to give us an entirely new zone/map to play with, there's really not enough for me to return to.

it would just be the same game again. with softer shadows and prettier lighting. some new items and animations are not enough for a 3rd go around.

but I would highly encourage anyone who likes a good RPG/action to play State of Decay if they haven't yet.

as open-world survival goes, it's one of the more enjoyable zombie games I've ever played.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

So I bought this, very happy to see I can transfer my save from 360 as it had done everything.

I load it up, where the f*ck are my achievement pops?

So am I f*cked out of achievements if I use this savegame?

What a crock of sh*t. Some of them should pop.

Anyone managed to get any to work?

Epic.
  • Epic.

Snapmatic Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

So I bought this, very happy to see I can transfer my save from 360 as it had done everything.

I load it up, where the f*ck are my achievement pops?

So am I f*cked out of achievements if I use this savegame?

What a crock of sh*t. Some of them should pop.

Anyone managed to get any to work?

I don't think achievements transfer, some are changed though.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Kind of pissed off, because if it at least recognized story related achievements and things like 500 fame, max cardio etc. I could get the rest easily. The problem is I can't get more fame for it to recognize it.

I mostly just wanted some of the pain in the arse achievements like so many missions with one character out of the way, because the game is pretty c*nty to not have a hard save feature, and now with the xbox one you don't have access to your save data, so I can't even back it up if a character dies.

It kind of ruins the fun of the game when I constantly feel like I could easily f*ck something up.

I noticed other achievements not popping, such as 6 supplies in one vehicle drop.

Kind of f*cking me off right now.

Epic.
  • Epic.

Snapmatic Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

The 6 Rucksacks in a truck is only for Lifeline.

I agree on the Auto-Save thing, there should be an option to manually save.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users