Photo

State of decay

162 replies to this topic
Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by Raindancer, 26 June 2013 - 01:08 PM.

Downloaded the demo a few days back – followed the missions until my time run out (30 min demo from crossing the bridge) then played it again last night and took a car and just went for a drive around the map.

Still undecided to buy the full version for the following reasons.

• Glitches… oh sooo many glitches
• Stupid f*cking simulation mode – f*ck OFF, when I turn of the game for a while and go back, I want to find my supplies the same level they were when I left.
• Controls are not the best
• Graphics? Tbh I don’t care to much about that – but would like if they were a little easier on the eye
• Driving framerate drops… Jesus

So before I buy the game I have a few questions:

(1) What happens if I ignore all requests from my safe house to supply them?
(2) If I murder every survivor I find, does that have an impact on me completing the game?
(3) What happens if the map runs out of supplies (I heard that supplies do not re-spawn)
(4) Can I choose any house to be a safe house?
Also since Xbox180 is due out soon – what does this mean for future updates?

Oh on a separate question, would I have to re-purchase my Mincecraft game when the 180 releases?
  • IHATESPAMMERS likes this

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 11:46)
the game has also been banned in australia similar to Sr4.

So, Does this mean GTAV will be also banned, since the main plot revolves around Heists?

Man, i feel sorry for the Australians.... sh*tty Government suicidal.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 15:36)
QUOTE (kudoboi @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 11:46)
the game has also been banned in australia similar to Sr4.

So, Does this mean GTAV will be also banned, since the main plot revolves around Heists?

Man, i feel sorry for the Australians.... sh*tty Government suicidal.gif

most likely I would say. but in GTA you have much more. Like drug abuse, amok and all that stuff. I did read that SoD was banned because drug stuff
http://www.ign.com/a...on-in-australia

I dont know if its possible to take drugs in GTAV, but I guess there are many other things which could lead to a ban in australia. especially with their new laws

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

But in GTA V there might be a drug mini-game and whatnot, since Trevor deals with that kind of sh*t.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (Raindancer @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 13:04)

• Stupid f*cking simulation mode – f*ck OFF, when I turn of the game for a while and go back, I want to find my supplies the same level they were when I left.
• Graphics? Tbh I don’t care to much about that – but would like if they were a little easier on the eye

(2) If I murder every survivor I find, does that have an impact on me completing the game?
(3) What happens if the map runs out of supplies (I heard that supplies do not re-spawn)

Oh on a separate question, would I have to re-purchase my Mincecraft game when the 180 releases?

Yo RD, long time no see man.

I totally agree with those points, I refused to buy it on 360, I was hoping for a PC release soon, I guess that will be a while now. It is 1600MSP, though it seems to have a good idea to it, I don't think it is worth that much.

I was initially waiting for PC so I could edit the controls, but alot are contextual and probably wont be able to swapped around too much. That was my major dislike, was the controls.

As for the bugs, I don't own the game so I cant be sure if they have patched any of them, but some are just downright unacceptable. Especially for a game that every little moment counts and you can really treasure an item.

Also I hear that you cannot save anything, so if I find an awesome gun (which I have done many times) I can't store it in a safehouse/etc because any other character will just steal it from the container and use it. f*ck that noise man.

As for your questions the only thing I can answer is that the Xboner/Xbox One Eighty shouldnt effect anything, they have said they will support the 360 well into the future, I imagine it will be this gen's PS2.

As for Minecraft, the Xbox One edition is entirely separate so yes, more money grabbing confirmed.

If you have it for 360, me and MmMs have it and play it all the time. Add my ass son. icon14.gif

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 06:49)
QUOTE (Raindancer @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 13:04)

Yo RD, long time no see man.

I totally agree with those points, I refused to buy it on 360, I was hoping for a PC release soon, I guess that will be a while now. It is 1600MSP, though it seems to have a good idea to it, I don't think it is worth that much.

I was initially waiting for PC so I could edit the controls, but alot are contextual and probably wont be able to swapped around too much. That was my major dislike, was the controls.

As for the bugs, I don't own the game so I cant be sure if they have patched any of them, but some are just downright unacceptable. Especially for a game that every little moment counts and you can really treasure an item.

Also I hear that you cannot save anything, so if I find an awesome gun (which I have done many times) I can't store it in a safehouse/etc because any other character will just steal it from the container and use it. f*ck that noise man.

As for your questions the only thing I can answer is that the Xboner/Xbox One Eighty shouldnt effect anything, they have said they will support the 360 well into the future, I imagine it will be this gen's PS2.

As for Minecraft, the Xbox One edition is entirely separate so yes, more money grabbing confirmed.

If you have it for 360, me and MmMs have it and play it all the time. Add my ass son. icon14.gif

They've done a patch to iron out problems and make the game better to play as a whole. The list is really extensive lol. But yeah it's just waiting for certification and I think update is up tomorrow or Monday.

My game was sound anyway and didn't have any issues that were game breakers, infact for a game with such ambition they have pulled off pretty much everything they set out to do. Well worth 1600msp and the improvements they're making sound good.

Has for not being able to save guns...well that's false. You can save any gun to any character. If somebody takes from storage you just switch to that character and give it to whoever you want to have it. It is defo a good game for its price.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (Futo @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 07:31)
Has for not being able to save guns...well that's false. You can save any gun to any character. If somebody takes from storage you just switch to that character and give it to whoever you want to have it. It is defo a good game for its price.

That is what I meant though. If I have a favorite character or two, I will only play as them, and even during the trial, I was finding so much sh*t, especially good guns and ammo.

I am one of those people that in Fallout I hoard it all and have to pick it up, and the thought of some knobhead taking sh*t out of where I store it will just only f*ck me off.

It is not like the inventory has any space whatsoever to play the game how I would like to.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

I'll peronsally wait for the PC-version, I think a lot of sh*t they get feedback from at XBLA will be fixed on PC.

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 10:02)

That is what I meant though. If I have a favorite character or two, I will only play as them, and even during the trial, I was finding so much sh*t, especially good guns and ammo.

I am one of those people that in Fallout I hoard it all and have to pick it up, and the thought of some knobhead taking sh*t out of where I store it will just only f*ck me off.

It is not like the inventory has any space whatsoever to play the game how I would like to.

Yeah I was a loot fiend on FO3, actually i am on most games. But yeah mate there is a way around it like I said, u manage everyone and everything at your base. But remember it is about surviving and managing resources, so it's never gunna b a Fallout where u just horde tons of sh*t.

Honestly mate it's a good game which tries something new and for me pulls it off. Also i rarely if ever judge a game by it's demo, coz they hardly do it justice.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Futo @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 12:13)

Yeah I was a loot fiend on FO3, actually i am on most games. But yeah mate there is a way around it like I said, u manage everyone and everything at your base. But remember it is about surviving and managing resources, so it's never gunna b a Fallout where u just horde tons of sh*t.

Honestly mate it's a good game which tries something new and for me pulls it off. Also i rarely if ever judge a game by it's demo, coz they hardly do it justice.

Yeah I get it, and I can tell it is something really unique that hasnt been done yet, it is just my own OCD and impatience that annoys me.

Glitchy and weird running bugged me alot, the shooting and aiming mechanics are really awful looking, alot of clipping issues and such.

But I did see the appeal, I just can't not take everything I find, I also noticed alot of usable items I found to be completely worthless and not even restoring health, stamina or anything else they were said to do. Weapons breaking also is an annoyance. A twig? sure break after 2 hits if you want, but an Axe that is meant to chop WOOD, not rotting flesh and bone, should not break, I get you can upgrade everything, but I much prefer that feeling of a rare item that you truely treasure that is your go-to thing in emergencies.

Having melee weapons break that frequently made me feel I shouldnt even bother using them and just kick people away till I got into my car to run them over. It was all just a big fustration.

I dont know if that was intended, as it is a survival horror game, but all the things I really wanted to do I just couldnt. The stealth never worked either. You creep into a house then loot and he just stands up, no point to it at all.

Zombie games arent even my thing to begin with, but maybe on PC with redefined controls using a 360 controller, and maybe a gameplay tweak or two with a mod, would be cool.

Oh yeah, the super slow as sh*t camera spin, that drove me insane the most.

No sensitivity options = so lame.

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 07:49)

If you have it for 360, me and MmMs have it and play it all the time. Add my ass son.  icon14.gif

f*ckERS!! Yes ill look you and MmMs up

as for State of Decay - I think I will take the plunge and hope the new patch is going to make the experience better.

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 12:41)
QUOTE (Futo @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 12:13)

Yeah I get it, and I can tell it is something really unique that hasnt been done yet, it is just my own OCD and impatience that annoys me.

Glitchy and weird running bugged me alot, the shooting and aiming mechanics are really awful looking, alot of clipping issues and such.

But I did see the appeal, I just can't not take everything I find, I also noticed alot of usable items I found to be completely worthless and not even restoring health, stamina or anything else they were said to do. Weapons breaking also is an annoyance. A twig? sure break after 2 hits if you want, but an Axe that is meant to chop WOOD, not rotting flesh and bone, should not break, I get you can upgrade everything, but I much prefer that feeling of a rare item that you truely treasure that is your go-to thing in emergencies.

Having melee weapons break that frequently made me feel I shouldnt even bother using them and just kick people away till I got into my car to run them over. It was all just a big fustration.

I dont know if that was intended, as it is a survival horror game, but all the things I really wanted to do I just couldnt. The stealth never worked either. You creep into a house then loot and he just stands up, no point to it at all.

Zombie games arent even my thing to begin with, but maybe on PC with redefined controls using a 360 controller, and maybe a gameplay tweak or two with a mod, would be cool.

Oh yeah, the super slow as sh*t camera spin, that drove me insane the most.

No sensitivity options = so lame.

well I've tried to ease your worries but I think I'm fighting a losing battle lol. Yeah the games definitely got issues, there's no denying it, but it does so many things right that there don't really play a factor.

As for weapons...you do find stronger more durable ones the more u explore and the further into the game u get. Then once u got a workshop built and upgraded u never need to worry about losing ur favourite weapons to bludgeon with.

Anyway check the list of things they're doing with the latest update. Seriously it's about 50 items long lol. Maybe then it might tickle your fancy. Will b an even better game.

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Not sure if posted but Patch Fixes

Might give this another go once the patch drops, great potential with this game but it could have used another 6 months of polish.

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (TEoS @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 13:17)
Not sure if posted but Patch Fixes

Might give this another go once the patch drops, great potential with this game but it could have used another 6 months of polish.

Thing is they're gunna be adding to it constantly over time, that was the plan from the start. Then they want to add co-op, which really this game is made for. Defo worth a blast, but yeah maybe wait for patch to get its cert if ur not sure.

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Patch is done and ready to install for anyone who's interested.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

So has it actually improved anything hardware optimization side? I really want to play but the bad fps texture pop in is just a bit to much. I was really hoping for a pc port soon after xbox release.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:24 AM Edited by kudoboi, 29 June 2013 - 08:29 AM.

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 06:18)
So has it actually improved anything hardware optimization side? I really want to play but the bad fps texture pop in is just a bit to much. I was really hoping for a pc port soon after xbox release.

there will be a PC port. just not soon. apparently they have issues with a 3rd party which i assume is steam since this game is published by microsoft it might not come to steam at all. microsoft might make this exclusive to the windows store which is exclusive for windows 8 similar to their upcoming games ( eg: project spark)

BR-Z
  • BR-Z

<Zee's Head>

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

So is this actually worth the 1600msp ($20) on Xbox?

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 06:18)

They have enabled V-SYNC in patch 2 but that's all they have added on the performance side of things.

BR-Z: You have to actually play it to find out if you want it. Download the trial, mate.

Its like marmite, some people hate it and some people love it.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:43 AM Edited by Audiophile, 13 July 2013 - 06:50 AM.

Still waiting for the PC version....

It's even harder to wait now because I visited my brother a while back and played the game on his 360. It was amazing, so much fun. It really is a simulation game.

Now I can't wait for the PC version....regarding the third party....probably Steam since M$ can be douches. I keep wondering if we may see State of Decay out after the Steam sale is over. Steam tends to release nothing the entire time period they have their sale going on.

Whatever it is, get it sorted out already. I'd love to play this before the summer ends since in September I will be consumed by GTAV and university.

I wish they would at least give some sort of update or a ballpark.

If Steam is causing them so many problems then just release it on the bloody M$ store so those of us that want it can purchase it.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Game is out on PC now, I really enjoy it even though it's in horrible shape atm (graphic-wise, control-wise and playable-wise). I bought the early version for PC so have to use a Xbox-controller and widescreen 720P (lol).

But even then I still enjoy it, which is a good promise, I'll also get the full  PCversion once it's released for free so, hopefulyl that won't take long, I hate shooting with them sticks.

nich090
  • nich090

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

I love this game graphics story line the lot

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Shame that there's no co-op survival mode for this game, would definitely have loved that.

Completed a second playthrough a couple of weeks before GTA V's release, I literally cleansed all of the resources in the map. My home base was at a population of 33 strong. I really wished resources would respawn or at least give me the option to reset the map. There is really no point to continue on when you literally cleansed the map.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Mrpain is there anyway to get to the area where all bridges are blocked? Like walk there or some kind of jump somewhere.

I couldn't find my way through and want to make my base there.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Mrpain is there anyway to get to the area where all bridges are blocked? Like walk there or some kind of jump somewhere.

I couldn't find my way through and want to make my base there.

You have to keep completing more story missions. Kinda annoying because the bridges only unlocks near the end of the story and the home base over there is pretty badass.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Aight thanks, PC version has another extra potential home near the gas station but it doesn't work, else I would've used that.

Guess I'm stuck in the Truck Driver warehouse.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

is there a Demo for PC? I played it on Xbox but want to look how it works on my Laptop first

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

I don't think so, only Early Access I think, maybe once the full verison (with keyboard and mouse) arrives.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

I've played the early-access Steam version this week.

the game itself has been great so far.... but the early-access port is terrible.

it doesn't support mouse/keyboard mapping.

you can use the mouse/keyboard but the controls cannot be changed and they're not very good in default.

be warned: PC gamers should simply wait for the full release or buy an Xbox controller to use instead.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

Same here El Diablo, but despite that it's still fun, which is saying a lot for the game in my opinion.

Have any of you been to the Fast Food Restaurant right next to the Trucker's potentional homebase?

I went in there and I can't find any rescources, but it says there are resources inside, but I've been over all closets with Y and it still doesn't work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users