» «
Photo

State of decay

134 replies to this topic
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:22 PM Edited by Chukkles, 06 June 2013 - 01:31 PM.

How do I turn a place into a house.

^^^ we can all see its not a perfect game, but the whole concept is pretty impressive. It's very forgivable for its faults.

Also I'm unsure of the point of outposts, is it just for the chest? Why does it say 5uses a day?

Also putting cars in the parking space, does they reset to their original position in the world??? notify.gif
I'm impressed that I can actually make a parking lot outside my house, u listening R* ? tounge.gif

TEoS
  • TEoS

WE'RE BEING ATTAAAAAACKED!

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by TEoS, 06 June 2013 - 01:36 PM.

First, the proper location must be found. You will receive a notification if you are in a HQ location. Tap down on the D-pad and select the "Relocate Home Base" option to move your crew out. Places that can be home bases are all totally fenced in and have gates, much like the church.

Locations that I've found:
McReady Farm: Located in almost the middle of the map; follow the road out of the first town and hang a left after the Veterinarian's office. This location is VERY remote. I am currently here, and I thought I could deal with the distance to civilization, but it is a lot harder than I thought. It is quite big though, and has a lot of space for improvements
The Alamo: A Fast food joint in downtown Marshall. It is right in the middle of the action, so you won't have to go far for scavenging missions, but it is also not very big. I think that most of the improvements are built on the roof.
House w/ Tree Fort: This one is introduced during the story, not sure if it can be found before then. It is also in Marshall, in the North/central area of town.

Actually, I'm not sure if you can move home base before the story allows.

Outposts create a safe zone around them that zombies don't spawn in and give you a resupply point in the field. Also, laying mines is awesome. They absolutely destroy and hordes following you into the Outpost safe zone.

Vehicles are finite, so you have to treat them carefully. I think the workshop may be bugged (at least in my game) as no weapons or vehicles ever autorepaired like it said they would.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Cars and objects do respawn , right?

At least undead labs in a livestream said that objects respawn but not the same but diffetent ones.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

I don't know if i read it right and where I read it, but this is merely a test to see how the game will do, a more stable MMO version will be available for XBOX 360 and PC. Correct me if I am wrong.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by Red XIII, 06 June 2013 - 02:59 PM.

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 14:30)
Cars and objects  do respawn , right?

At least undead labs in a livestream said that objects respawn but not the same but diffetent ones.

IF you want to buy the game try and set your Xbox and Xbox live account to somewhere where the game is available, it worked for someone in Australia so maybe it will work for you guys in Germany. The guy in Australia changed his account settings to Alabama and he was able to download it.

Hapyness - Yeah undead labs have said that state of decay is a testing ground for an MMO, the only worry I have is that it took them 3 or 4 years to get SOD out of the door so an MMO isn't going to be here for a while yet. Although it will be set in the same world, that brings me on to another worry that the game world will be stale and boring by the time class 4(codename for SOD MMO) comes out.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 17:55)
Hapyness - Yeah undead labs have said that state of decay is a testing ground for an MMO, the only worry I have is that it took them 3 or 4 years to get SOD out of the door so an MMO isn't going to be here for a while yet. Although it will be set in the same world, that brings me on to another worry that the game world will be stale and boring by the time class 4(codename for SOD MMO) comes out.

I actually have a little bit of faith that by the time Class 4 comes out everything will be improved, some guy on youtube his name is Red something or Rad something was asked by Undead Labs to do a pre-view for the game and whatnot, I am actually thinking that these guys will improve a lot. I just hope so at least.

If not, DayZ standalone will still be there. icon14.gif Anyone up for it?! (Meh, I need a PC first what am I talkin' about).

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by Chukkles, 06 June 2013 - 07:04 PM.

I can't manage to do a single stealth kill.
My cars disappear after being in the spot a whole day/night.
I may restart again and try and play better, move into the town house a lot sooner.

Just a bitch I found so much stuff.
Have made the mistake of clearing a lot of places of resources and they all have a cross making them look empty.

I seem to be able to put damaged weapons in the storage case and they appear to be repaired OK, just n no clue with the cars, is this glitched? Make me happier about restarting if so.

Also is there ever a point where you can go out as a team or you always have to go solo?
False hope at beginning of game where there is 3 of us.

Will Ed die if I don't do that mission that keeps screwing me over for a while?
Can I leave all story missions for as long as I want?

Oh man, not enough tips around yet.
Will the first supply locker keep stuff for me for when I get to the town? Seems like a silly question but I want to be sure.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

"@Andrew_Reiner: State of Decay begins with my character jumping around, smacking zombies with a stick. GO ON. YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION."

"I took a bite out of an apple and put it in my back pocket. #stateofdecay".

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:34 AM Edited by Chukkles, 07 June 2013 - 03:55 AM.

Still can't build a base even after fing a suitable area and having enough people and materials.

Do I need to do a specific mission where they teach me how?

Save ed from turning.
Die on first trip out with him.
With a survivor.
While 2 feet from the base wall.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

Probably Chukkles, most games follow a very strict tutorial at the beginning, not allowing you to do anything else except what the tutorial/guide tells you too.

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 03:34)
Still can't build a base even after fing a suitable area and having enough people and materials.

Save ed from turning.
With a survivor.

You have to do a mission with Jacob.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (SausageInACan @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 12:35)
QUOTE (Chukkles @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 03:34)

Save ed from turning.
With a survivor.

You have to do a mission with Jacob.

Oh yeah I got there about half hour after I posted. Thanks.

Not much activity in this thread, feel a little forever alone.
Is that because you're all stuck into the game?

I musta put about 18 hours in yesterday, though I did restart at some point.
I kept dying on the fatties at the Wilkerson farm for that mission.
Done now though and have moved home base, not gonna get a chance to play for a day or two though.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

Congratz guys, its nice that you guys also get a good post-apocalyptic XB game while TLoU releases. smile.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:07)
Congratz guys, its nice that you guys also get a good post-apocalyptic XB game while TLoU releases. smile.gif

I bet TLOU is nothing like this SURVIVAL game.

TEoS
  • TEoS

WE'RE BEING ATTAAAAAACKED!

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

To be honest, I had to stop playing because I found it to be a bit overwhelming. Survivors constantly needing to be rescued and the Infestation glitch struck for me. I know the developers are working on a patch for it, so I'm just gonna wait till it's fixed.

I wish you could assign jobs for the other survivors, that way VIP people with important skills wouldn't go out on scavenging missions and get killed. I lost 2 characters like this, including the starting character who was getting to beast mode levels of badass.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 20:33)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:07)
Congratz guys, its nice that you guys also get a good post-apocalyptic XB game while TLoU releases.  smile.gif

I bet TLOU is nothing like this SURVIVAL game.

Eh they're both cool in their own rights. TLoU seems to be more stealth-oriented, but SoD tickles my weak spot for RPGs.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

I only picked this up last night my first impressions.

Clunky controls, jumping seems to be the biggest problem as it's the same button as attack so when going into battle instead of meleeing you will jump at the enemy or even worse vault out of a window when trying to save your friend in an interior.

Draw distance detail. The quality of the graphics are very poor in the immediate distance it could be me being used to pc these days but graphics seem very sub par compared to other ips on the system.

Other than that seems like a very good zombie survival game can't wa8t to see what else is in store.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 04:07)
I only picked this up last night my first impressions.

Clunky controls, jumping seems to be the biggest problem as it's the same button as attack so when going into battle instead of meleeing you will jump at the enemy or even worse vault out of a window when trying to save your friend in an interior.

Draw distance detail. The quality of the graphics are very poor in the immediate distance it could be me being used to pc these days but graphics seem very sub par compared to other ips on the system.

Other than that seems like a very good zombie survival game can't wa8t to see what else is in store.

Jump and attack are different buttons.
Trying to kill every zombie with jump attack, you're gonna have a bad time.

Try pressing X.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

Lol really! I was sure it said press A to attack! I've played about 45mins so far been looting the main area. I found a .22 rifle some shotgun ammo and also some pistol ammo. For melee I have the trusty wodden stick and a standard 2x4 and a 2x4 with nails. I'm not sure how much the loot is randomized is that what you'll got?
I've also been using my kick and stomp quite a bit as I assume weapons have a certain ammount of abuse they can take before they break? I think they want me to head out and check out the gunshots that were heard in the distance next. I pulled off a sweet dodge round a zombie, jump and smash round the back of its head insta kill when I first started playing.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

State of Decay XBLA second fastest selling game in XBLA history

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=580397

without us germans and the aussies biggrin.gif

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

http://www.rockpaper...c-but-not-soon/

No pc release anytime "soon"

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

is there a bug with the guns?

sometimes when I shoot a zombie in the head on medium distance ( with rifle) some just go down with there knees and stand up again. others are dead instantly

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 10:36)
State of Decay XBLA second fastest selling game in XBLA history

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=580397

without us germans and the aussies biggrin.gif

It just goes to show a game doesn't have to have perfect performance or graphics to do well.
As long as the idea is right and it's fun.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:38 AM Edited by Ibrahimhassounah, 09 June 2013 - 01:06 AM.

QUOTE (Happyness @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 14:34)
I don't know if i read it right and where I read it, but this is merely a test to see how the game will do, a more stable MMO version will be available for XBOX 360 and PC. Correct me if I am wrong.

ya and that's "class 4" , and expect it to release in August cause they just have to add the Multiplayer element to the game

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 00:38)

ya and that's "class 4" , and expect it to release in August cause they just have to add the Multiplayer element to the game

Will there be a charge or just an update?
Any confirmation?

PvP would be hell, I'll just wander into your base and kill all your survivors.
I can see a lot of problems with this going MP.

I think first they need to sort gameplay performance. If that can be done in an update?

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 03:14)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 00:38)

Will there be a charge or just an update?
Any confirmation?

PvP would be hell, I'll just wander into your base and kill all your survivors.
I can see a lot of problems with this going MP.

I think first they need to sort gameplay performance. If that can be done in an update?

I don't know yet , UnDead Lab didn't announce

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

I turned it off yesterday after a 3 hour stint. I was getting fed up with all the survivors asking me to feed them supply them with ammo etc. But today something is calling me to go on a supply run for them today. I struggle to look after myself in a zombie situation let alone 12 other people that just drain my resources. When do you get to set up your own base like the church? I want to pick and choose how many survivors I entertain.

Do supplys regenerate? Or is it once an area has been emptied there isn't anything else to get and ypu can no longer support that community from the local area.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

Looks like Saints row meets DayZ. I'm aware this was in developement before DayZ.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

the game has also been banned in australia similar to Sr4.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 14:46)
the game has also been banned in australia similar to Sr4.

What the f*ck is wrong with Australia? And why?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users