State of decay

134 replies to this topic
FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 13:36)
I am not a huge fan of zombie games, although a free roam game in this enviroment sounds awesome.

I don't know if it has co-op but god damn I would totally buy it if it did.

Huge letdown for me to be honest... this kind of game begs for jump in/jump out co op fun with friends or online. But especially with friends.

Ah well us PC gamers still have Day Z coming out.

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

I believe in a Q/A they said that class3, which is being released tomorrow, will be 1-2 players either on the same screen or on different screens. So I think that they were implying that you could play with a friend over xbox live.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (SausageInACan @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 22:52)
I believe in a Q/A they said that class3, which is being released tomorrow, will be 1-2 players either on the same screen or on different screens. So I think that they were implying that you could play with a friend over xbox live.

Its only single player at the moment, they did say they want put it in the game at a later date though.

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 23:08)
QUOTE (SausageInACan @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 22:52)

Its only single player at the moment, they did say they want put it in the game at a later date though.

Look through the Q/A in one of the answers they said what I said. And the other release will have lots of people in one game, I am talking about one person with you.

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:44 AM Edited by SausageInACan, 05 June 2013 - 01:18 AM.

user posted image
And you can use this for the topic if you want.
user posted image
CODE
[center][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cFcxDrF.jpg[/IMG][/center]

Sorry for the double post. blush.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

that is from 2011. they even changed the title of the game so that QA is not valid anymore

afaik they already said it has no online or coop mode

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

Game is available now.

But not in Germany... Undead Lab knew that USK would put it on index so they didnt let it check by the USK. So I have to hope that I can get it from US Store... but they already IP banned Wolfenstein so I doubt it

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

I tried to download the game but it was not available.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (SausageInACan @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 12:45)
I tried to download the game but it was not available.

Im playin right now. Downloaded it from US account but only demo and I cant unlock full version

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Well I got school, so ill be playing in a couple of hours.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Feel free to give your input about the game, would like to know what people think about it. Haven't got the chance to play it atm.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

I'm liking it so far but I can't figure out how to sleep

TEoS
  • TEoS

WE'RE BEING ATTAAAAAACKED!

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 05:40)

You sleep by talking to another playable survivor and asking to switch out. That is the only way I seem to be able to do it anyhow.

This game is incredibly fun. It is the zombie game I wanted since I saw Dawn of the Dead.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

It'll be fun once day release the MMO game I think! Any of you got some gameplay uploaded?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

my impressions so far:

Graphics are awful at some points but its an arcade title and about gameplay so not a big thing to me

heavy stuttering sometime. especially when driving

framedrops although it has low level graphics

it has a lot of content and variety. i love the finishing moves

very good atmosphere

you have to pay attention on what you are doing cause you can alert zombies when just running across the streets or being too lowd.

a lot of weapons, gadgets, consumables, items you can use

I hope it will be successful and we will see a full-price game in the scale of saints row, GTA, Watch Dogs on the next gen.

would be X1 exclusive but a pretty good game

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

I've only played an hour, maybe 2 , this game is sick.
I'm just on my way to the town, not sure i wanna arrive at night though.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

So how does this compare to DayZ?

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

I might have to get this from XBOX Live Arcade later on tonight, looks quite fun.

TEoS
  • TEoS

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:48 PM Edited by TEoS, 05 June 2013 - 06:51 PM.

Aaaaand I just lost my first character. Beware fat zombies, and always bring a firearm, even if you don't intend to use it.

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hey red you can use this for the topic if ya want.

user posted image

CODE
[center][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cFcxDrF.jpg[/IMG][/center]

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for that, SausageInACan . icon14.gif

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 18:34)
So how does this compare to DayZ?

DayZ is more about the MP and is hard to compare with this.This is like a huge Dead Rising with lots of group elements.

I haven't lost a character I've played as yet thankfully, but those juggernaut dudes are a pain to kill without guns. Thereis a potential home in the middle of the map just to let you guys know. However it is far away from places so scavenging might be an issue.

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

How the hell do you sleep in this game?

TEoS
  • TEoS

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (SausageInACan @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 14:19)
How the hell do you sleep in this game?

QUOTE (TEoS @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 08:19)
QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 05:40)

You sleep by talking to another playable survivor and asking to switch out. That is the only way I seem to be able to do it anyhow.

Anyone know how to access the 3rd town area? Both bridges are blocked off. I am trying to scout new HQ areas and I really don't want to get all set up only to have to relocate again just because the best one is in a later game area.

I love this game.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Last night I lost 2 characters trying to get the doctor from the Wilkerson boys (Malcolm in the middle?). I lost my leader so I started over.

Gameplay is chopp yat times especially when driving but I am loving it still, with a game like this you can forgive one things.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

Cant wait what modders can do with it when it arrives on PC. Can they actually Mod such Games?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

Everything can be modded, the question is, will anyone with skills put the effort into modding it.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 11:03)
Cant wait what modders can do with it when it arrives on PC. Can they actually Mod such Games?

Did you end up buying it?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 13:27)
QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 11:03)

Did you end up buying it?

no. playing the demo all the time. I cant unlock the full version as Undead Labs missed to certificate the German version...

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by Daz, 06 June 2013 - 12:33 PM.

I feel like I am the only person in the world that can notice a bad game when they see one.

-God awful control layout.
All fun is lost when you have unintuitive controls that makes no sense. LT + Y to reload? f*ck off please. It should be plain and simply just X, melee attack should be RT (When not holding LT like Resident Evil)

-No look sensitivity option.
Moving the camera around with the right stick is god damn painful. It takes a god damn age to do sh*t with it, no option to speed this up, yet there is an option to change how long hints stay on screen for, I mean what the f*ck.

-Awful animations.
Zombies float up from laying down as if they are winched up by a crane, glitch and spin around at times. Running animation looks quite stupid, running and hitting left and right you seem to just slide around like an ice world in a super mario game. Running is especially stupid when two followers are running behind you totally in sync like two spastic twins. Firearms seem to just warp up into your hand and alot of the shooting mechanics are not polished in any way.

-Overall sluggish feel.
Going into or even ONTO any building including tents force you into walk mode, I understand you can sprint but the sprint indoors is what the basic walking speed needs to be from the start, this just grates on me so hard in games, I just want to have smooth control over my character.

-Huge amount of bugs.
A lot of animation glitches and framerate issues when driving and numerous other annoyances.

-Unrealistic realism.
I understand I can only carry a few things, what I don't understand is that I have a huge backpack and can't even carry 30 .22LR rounds for a pistol. There is also no way to drop items into the world, so if you are full, yet want to try out a found melee weapon, you will have to delete a whole item just to try it out. Melee weapons are also extremely stupid, sure a tree branch is gunna break over time, but a modern hatchet that is designed to be for chopping WOOD which is much stronger than rotten old flesh and bone, somehow breaks within two seconds. Just don't include these if they are then too powerful, keep them rare and it would then be exciting to find weapons that you then treasure. And why can't I just pick up another stick off the floor in the forrest, the place is MADE OF THEM.

I really wanted to like this game but mostly just due to the camera and controls I can't. Hopefully when it is out on PC I can edit some of those, but even then it feels like the game is pretty dated and that it was just shoved out the door unfinished because they have already spent way too many years developing it.

I just can't take a game seriously when some of those serious bugs and animation glitches exist and are in a game at launch in 2013. I mean come on, get it together. It feels like nobody even tested this game before release.

I will try more of the trial but I just couldnt handle the game for very long due to controls and sluggish behaviour.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users