Photo

GTA2 Speedrun questions

15 replies to this topic
Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

I try to Speedrun(= completing the game as fast as possible without cheats) GTA2 and have a few questions to Sektor or anyone else who knows more about the game than me.

1. Is there a possibility to do an "Expeditious Execution" without a bus? I think that 20 or 25 people exploding in one second are required, but i am not sure. Also it seems that a somewhat high spawnrate is at the police stations. Is it possible to look up spawn rates from the files?

2. When I hijack a bus and drive to the bus station sometimes the people who enter the bus get out immediately and i have to drive backwards a little distance and then they enter the bus normally. Is this random or is there a way to bypass this?

3. In the second district I try to get a wanted level of 2-3 to have cops spawn after i grab a wang car and get teleported. The cops spawn rarely immediately. What are the conditions for them to spawn immediately, are there some rules for that or tricks to provocate it?

If you also know any other tricks, feel free to post it. Every help is appreciated. smile.gif

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by B-$hep, 27 March 2013 - 09:42 PM.

Dunno all the exact and/or precise answers but i will tell you what i know.
I have played GTA2 for 8 years now but i still don't know all the things. That makes the game unique, there is always some things to discover. And most of them are funny.
The whole game is pure fun. That's why i love it. This is the only game i have installed on my pc.

1) I have done this hundreds of times with electrogun. Try to collect many peds into some corner, shoot the gun, they will run and you kinda push them into corner and use the electrogun on all of them. It's not easy and takes some time to get the skills but it's doable.

Im not sure what you mean by spawnrate, for cops or peds?

2) They are just scared because you are not correct bus driver and you do some odd things with bus. I would be scared also if bus driver is drunk or some criminal lol.
This is normal.

3) Im not sure, but for cars you can change the "spawnrate" or something like that, how often the specific car (cops / copcars in your case) appear on road. It should be in sty file. I never did that because of lack of interest. Im satisfied with original stuff.

I don't remember all the tricks i have found or what i have discovered / used but one trick that often helps is when you need some car to stay in game and not deleted automatically because you are far away from it, then shoot it slightly with electrogun. Just for a moment.

And it will not disappear if you get back.
One example is this video i have made about completing one KF with copcars.
I shoot the cars with electrogun, so they don't disappear until i get the rest of the cars from street!
I of course can't guarantee that this will always work. Sometimes it doesn't, but for most of the time it worked for me.

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (B-$hep @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 21:36)
1) I have done this hundreds of times with electrogun. Try to collect many peds into some corner, shoot the gun, they will run and you kinda push them into corner and use the electrogun on all of them. It's not easy and takes some time to get the skills but it's doable.

Im not sure what you mean by spawnrate, for cops or peds?

2) They are just scared because you are not correct bus driver and you do some odd things with bus. I would be scared also if bus driver is drunk or some criminal lol.
This is normal.

3) Im not sure, but for cars you can change the "spawnrate" or something like that, how often the specific car (cops / copcars in your case) appear on road. It should be in sty file. I never did that because of lack of interest.  Im satisfied with original stuff.

Thanks for reply!

1) Thats actually very interesting and might be very useful in industrial district, I never got the idea to do it with electro gun. Unfortunatelly it is not possible in downtown as there is no electro gun.

I need to know spawnrates for peds of the locations so I can easily know where are enough peds to do a Expeditious Execution there. At moment my strategy is to get a bus, fill it with people, arm it with bomb and let it explode at the police station nearby, where it seems that a somewhat high spawn rate of peds is there.
The current run of downtown: www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8VNC2V1yQw.
My goal is 5:3X there, i also missed the obvious at the last yakuza mission where i could just get out of the car earlier and start to launch rockets instead of driving over the men in black first. Would safe me probably about 6-8 seconds.

2) The thing is, it doesnīt always happen. Sometimes they donīt quit the bus after entering when i steal it.

3) Iīm not allowed to modify the game, it would be cheating. The original game should be used. I meant that after i get a wanted level of 2 or 3 and get into a wang car, then i get teleported to the wang car garage. But sometimes a cop car spawns immediately after the teleport... thats what i need, but i donīt know what causes it.

Btw in the residential district I basically just do getting multipliers and wang cars without any missions, but itīs much harder to execute than downtown. Longest is industrial district where i will do 4 missions and then 9 Expeditious Executions which should take about 22 minutes, but my old run took 27 mins something.

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

I remember when i started with GTA2 i completed all missions in Residential with one night.
Started around 12PM and finished somewhere 6AM or something.

It was fun and i didn't know anything about cheats or power mgr at this time.
I would like to do it again without cheating but im too busy with programming atm.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:17 AM Edited by Sektor, 31 March 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Link: One of the fastest way to earn points is by trapping a ped under a car in water. You can do that trick on Residential.

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by Molotok, 02 April 2013 - 11:25 PM.

@Sektor: Hahaha, thanks man... so this means Residential district is a piece of cake... What a whole lot of time i have wasted on routing that area omfg. Hope no such trick exists in the other two districts, otherwise speedrunning GTA 2 will be ridiculous. cry.gif

*EDIT* Did couple of tries and got a decent run! Here it is, done in 52 seconds smile.gif:

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

The residential district is not a piece of cake. Well, the missions aren't too hard, but the extra features (tokens and frenzies) are, especially if you're on the PC version.

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

Iīm talking about the speedrun, I actually donīt even do any missions or frenzies in Residential, would be too slow.

Compared to the route I had before in Residential this is a piece of cake now, believe me. cool.gif

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:44 AM Edited by Sektor, 04 April 2013 - 04:52 AM.

Nicely done. There might be other glitches like that but I don't know them. It's too bad there are so many fences around the water on the other levels. On Industrial, you could jump a taxi off one of the north dock ramps and land on a slope near water but then running over your passenger would be really tough, not sure if it would even be possible since there's very little room.

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

I looked at the north ramps but i donīt see where i could do that. The edges are steep there while in Residential they went smooth into the water. Also peds donīt run into the water with steep edges, so i would somehow need to push them into it.

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

Link: One of the fastest way to earn points is by trapping a ped under a car in water. You can do that trick on Residential.

About this trick, I have done some attempts again and that happened...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eLh9E8QN4mE

I trapped myself after getting out of the car. :*(

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:33 PM Edited by Sektor, 22 October 2013 - 05:41 PM.

Funny.

First time that ever happened to me was on a level that didn't even have a slope going into the water. I don't think I've ever recreated infinite blood spurt without a slope but if you could recreate it with a ped then it would help for speedruns on the other levels.

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

Funny.

First time that ever happened to me was on a level that didn't even have a slope going into the water. I don't think I've ever recreated infinite blood spurt without a slope but if you could recreate it with a ped then it would help for speedruns on the other levels.

Now that is interesting... but damn, how am I supposed to get stuck and trap a ped there. Do you think getting stuck is a requirement for this glitch?

If not then I could try throwing a Molotov or even better a Grenade and then quickly get into a fast car and hope that the explosion will push a ped into the water.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:14 AM Edited by Sektor, 03 November 2013 - 07:25 AM.

To get the dollars, your car has to touch a drowning ped but it will require some precision to get the ped into the water and run over without sinking.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:19 AM Edited by Sektor, 03 November 2013 - 07:20 AM.

Modified script but it still demonstrates that infinite expeditious execution glitch is possible on Industrial:

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:02 PM Edited by Molotok, 03 November 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Modified script but it still demonstrates that infinite expeditious execution glitch is possible on Industrial:

link

That´s a nice spot to do the glitch I managed to get myself stuck by a police car in the third try, so a good start. Maybe I will try the molotov + getting fast in the car strat.

Also in downtown where you do the Radio Za-Za mission you have a small place where there is no fence around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users