Display

7 replies to this topic
leaflinks
  • leaflinks

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hey there,

I just reinstalled the game to see if the resolution option would become available to change to fit my 1024 x 768 it doesn't. I did this with vc and the option became available for so long I had such poor resolution I thought it was the game. wink.gif

Left, right on the mouse, and subsequently click the scroll button, scroll forward or backward. dontgetit.gif

Why could this be, it should be the same...? confused.gif

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

I don't quite understand what you mean. Are you saying that you can't set the resolution to 1024x768 in GTA III?

Delete the gta.set file in My Documents\GTA3 User Files (or wherever the save folder is on your OS), and try again.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

You also can not change the resolution after loading a savegame, not sure if that's what you have tried.

leaflinks
  • leaflinks

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:51 PM Edited by leaflinks, 23 March 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Oh right, I see, so I need to start a new game to change the resolution?

Just tried, deleted the .set file nothing changed in my existing save file, and as for a new game nothing has changed?

I only got a copy of this game just for the first few missions, as I was doing one modification for one particular vehicel in the game. So I don't lose any effort.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Wait. You are supposed to change the resolution before you load a save game or start a new game.

As soon as you enter the game, go into the display settings and change it then.

leaflinks
  • leaflinks

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 14:30)
Wait. You are supposed to change the resolution before you load a save game or start a new game.

As soon as you enter the game, go into the display settings and change it then.

I see.

I have a backup of my save file on USB, CD-RW, floppy disk, and a copy on the pc outside of the settings folder.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

You don't need to do anything to your savegames, just go to the display setting as soon as you start the game, before you start playing. Then you should be able to change the resolution. After you've done that you can use all of your savegames normally.

leaflinks
  • leaflinks

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Yes, everything is fine. I've backed up the new settings file, that was what the problem was.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users