6 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Teaser trailer released!

Left for dead on a sun-scorched planet, Riddick finds himself up against an alien race of predators. Activating an emergency beacon alerts two ships: one carrying a new breed of mercenary, the other captained by a man from Riddick's past.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:32 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 22 March 2013 - 11:50 PM.

I didn't like the last one, but Pitch Black was awesome. Games were even better. As a matter of fact Escape from Butcher Bay is an amazing game. One of the best first person games I've ever played. If this movie means that we'll get another Riddick game I'm hyped!

The movie might be cool too. It doesn't look like it's going to be a mindless action flick like the last one.

I really enjoy the universe in which Riddick is set. It's very different from most sci-fi settings. It's kind of cyberpunk, but not really. It also has a post apocalyptic vibe. Very dystopian and mysterious.

Did you guys know that Vin Diesel is a huge geek and a fellow gamer? He used to play D&D religiously and every time he's talking about it you can see that he's controlling himself from completely geeking out. Gotta love the guy biggrin.gif

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

I wouldn't mind if they just... rolled over the last movie. Wasn't he King of the Galaxy at the end of it anyway? meh. Still need to play the games as I've heard multiple times that they're awesome.

Looks like a return to the form of Pitch Black. I look forward to it.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

J-B
  • J-B

Syrup Drenched

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Although I didn't have anything against the second movie, I'm very happy to see that this one looks like it's gonna be more like Pitch Black. Hopefully this doesn't disappoint.

Rusty Balls
  • Rusty Balls

love spuds

• The Precinct
  • Scotland

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

The larger budget of the second film was almost an encumbrance to it. It tried to be large and brash and suffered for it. The first film because of its smaller budget had to be more intelligent and sparce with its action and it was better for it. The better more suspenseful film and I think this is to be a similar made on a shoe string type deal as the first.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Rown @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 03:18)
I wouldn't mind if they just... rolled over the last movie. Wasn't he King of the Galaxy at the end of it anyway? meh. Still need to play the games as I've heard multiple times that they're awesome.

If you get Assault on Dark Athena you get the first game as well. And it's remade in better graphics. Also, you should get the game on GOG if you're a PC gamer. No DRM. Just install and play.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:22 AM Edited by Chukkles, 30 March 2013 - 12:16 AM.

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 11:07)
QUOTE (Rown @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 03:18)

If you get Assault on Dark Athena you get the first game as well. And it's remade in better graphics. Also, you should get the game on GOG if you're a PC gamer. No DRM. Just install and play.

I've just ordered this off amazon. 10.99 for 2 games is a bargain.
Wouldn't have done it if I didn't know butcher bay comes with.

I actually love chronicles just because I love his bad assery. But yes pitch black is the better movie.

I have yet to see the animes, are they good?

Edit: Ahh man, couldn't help myself.
Just got the 30 min anime and pitch black for 7.26 or so.

Hmm? Any comics?

Edit: gonna get on butcher bay today, then finish it off with a viewing of Pitch Black. Later today I get the anime, but that will have to wait for tomorrow.

Edit: Butcher bay is an awesome game, I've only just done it on normal and didnt get all quests done so a replay is needed, even today, other than a few glitchy graphics, I'd say it holds up as a brilliant game, remastered version of course.

So I watched Pitch Black already now onto Dark Fury then Chronicals then Dark Athena.

Edit: meh, dark Athens alright, but it was just crammed in there to make a sequel to butcher bay. As of the moment butcher bay is the better game.

Plus even with the fact butcher bay was remastered, dark Athena isn't much of an improvement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users