Photo

Anxiety, depression & social anxiety

47 replies to this topic
Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

To be accepted in the community you have to be blind

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

I see people dying from cardiac arrest more often than usual, that's frightening for me...

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:41 AM Edited by Chukkles, 28 March 2013 - 09:32 AM.

I deal with things in my own way. confused.gif

Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Why don't you talk to your parents? Few days ago I talked to my mom about these problems and the discussion seemed like a relief, I feel way better than last week. Depression is really annoying, but you don't really have a reason to be sad right now, since you're young and you have a big future ahead. Make sure you contact the psychiatrist or psychotherapist if you've got suicidal thoughts, they have to be dealt asap.
As for an advice, if you spend time on PC, stop it, do something else that make you feel good, spend time with your friends, in nature and enjoy doing what you really love.

Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Bump.

LifeWithScissors
  • LifeWithScissors

Veni Vidi Vici

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

I used to have Avoidant Personality Disorder long ago. I was very shy and fell many times into depression. I was socially inept, because of that and i always isolated myself lots and lots and lots of times due to this disorder. I was always anxious about other people respones, but that made me imbalanced until i took psychotherapy and reduced almost all of the symptoms except for my reluctance to take personal risks which still makes me feel embarrased. Though after that, i have managed to get 3 more disorders, because i had been freed from the cages of shyness, anxiety and timid, i have managed to manifest narcissistic personality disorder(yes 8 out of 9 and self aware of it), histrionic personality disorder and antisocial personality disorder. I really hate being shy, because it stops my social life and i just love to interact with people.

Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

^ Are you still suffering from any mental disorder?

Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

So after almost a week without having many problems, the anxiety hit back. This time I feel really anxious about the pain I have in my sternum bone, but if I just stretch my arms, like opening them for a hug, the bones crack.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

In before Melchior/some self righteous asshole comes it saying you're a loser.

But nah man I feel you. You should try praying or meditation if your not religous. It helps me whenever I feel anxious.

Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

• Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Yes, I've been praying before sleep, but urmm...

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

I have anxiety and depression, too. I mainly get anxious when I'm out in public, becoming extremely self-aware of how I look and walk and speak. I have very few panic attacks, but the ones I do have are about my mortality. I have an immense fear of death and imagining not existing scares the hell out of me. Embarrassingly enough, I cry myself to sleep when that happens.

My depression isn't so much a bleak outlook on life as it is the lack of will to do anything. It takes a lot of will power for me to head to the gym or just going to work. I get anxious about work the night before I go in.

So you're not alone man.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

I'm a year or two younger than you and like yourself have never been diagnosed with a mental condition. I have, however, suffered from what I consider panic attacks, severe anxiety, insomnia and depressive hopelessness over the years but I've learned to cope with these things, overcome and learn from them and understand that they make me who I am today - for the better or worse.

The first step towards overcoming or coping with anxiety is accepting it and understanding that it is merely a feeling, a negative emotional response to something. Anxiety is always caused by something such as a traumatic experience, fear, stress or even something absolutely irrational and absurd or perhaps subconscious. Anxiety can be caused by the most mundane of worries such as those related to sex, love, work, school or finances. The problem with anxiety is that as it increases, you get more and more distant from the real problem. You may be worrying over something but then decide to ignore it as irrelevant and have the same thing come back as horrible anxiety weeks later. This is why it is important to be honest to yourself at all times and ask yourself if something is wrong and provide yourself with an honest answer. Eventually you'll learn to control your thoughts and direct them from the anxiety towards actual problems that exist outside your mind and can be solved. You need to be willing to face your problems, no matter how severe, to overcome anxiety.

All of this is basic human psychology that perfectly sane individuals must face at some point in their lives. The mistake a lot of people - and might I add that this is relatively more common among young males of the current generation - make is that the second they feel anxious they curl in a fetal position and wait for someone to come and shove them back into their mother's wombs because that, apparently, is what children are raised to do these days. However, no best friend, partner or doctor is going to do that and at the end of the day the only person who can make the change is you and the only thing you need is willpower. I'm not saying that anyone should be expected to do something as big as that by themselves and I do encourage you to seek assistance but if you're only doing that in the hope that someone is going to change you as a person, don't bother. Anti-depressants and therapy even together are useless unless you are determined and willing to change as a person. A friendly reminder that chances are that this is the only life you'll live and I highly doubt you want to spend the rest of it worrying while you could be skydiving in the sunset, performing to a sold-out crowd at the MSG or bungee jumping into the Victoria Falls. And also, like a doctor will most likely tell you, regular exercise is extremely important to both physical and mental health. You're much more likely to die from a heart attack if you don't exercise than if you do.

Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

• Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by Xylophobia, 16 April 2013 - 06:32 PM.

I'm rather fearing the symptoms anxiety gives, for example sternum pain, pectorals pain, intercoastal pain and I am still not sure if these are because of anxiety, because of heart problems, or because of the home workout. The symptoms often make me think about a possible heart condition, because I've read about this on different sites and I am aware of the situation you might have a heart attack. My anxiety triggered after I had a bad 'trip' on drugs, actually not scary hallucinations, but the experience itself was not pleasing for me. It was for my first time I did drugs and I didn't knew the effects that kind of narcotics are giving, so I was scared to f*cking death and even fall off unconsciously I think, I am not sure what the f*ck happened to me that night, It's an interesting story if you want to hear it.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Can't you go to a doctor to check on whether they are heart problems or not? Health is found within, not by rushing conclusions based on what you read on the internet. If you feel anxious and try to Google the reason, chances are you'll diagnose yourself with GAD or schizophrenia when in reality that is definitely not the case which is why you should talk to a professional instead of trying to diagnose yourself. The first time I did anything stronger than weed ended up in me having a bad trip on shrooms alone in Amsterdam. I would eventually pass out after three hours of vomiting and nightmare-like dwelling within all the repressed thoughts I had kept hidden inside. It was the most horrible thing I've experienced up to date and have only had severe anxiety since then but I still do not believe that the connection between then and now proves a causality even if I would agree that it was the first time "I stepped over the edge". Unless you were interrogated by the CIA in the 50s, I find it hard to believe that a hallucinogen has triggered such anxiety and even if it somehow has that doesn't make it impossible to recover.

Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

I am not sure where I should go, because the hospital in my city is a huge sh*t, they lack doctors, medications etc. I've tried to convince my mom to get a doctor's phone number so I can go there, she agreed, but after a day, she told me I don't need a doctor and that I am healthy.
The problem is that I'm getting pain almost everyday and that scares the sh*t out of me. Today I got pain in my sternum and if I was moving my torso around, it was giving me pain. If I was resting, it would slowly kill the pain. So I slept this afternoon and when I woke up I had no pain.
I've got pain in my left side, left hand, but also right side of the pectorals. Anxious people said that they're having the same symptoms. I'm so f*cking angry sometimes because I don't know where I could get a doctor's number to go and check if the sh*t is alright and the only one that can help me is my mother but she is not that interested about this, although she knows about my f*cking anxiety.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Anti-Complacency League, Baby!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Mordecai @ Tuesday, Apr 16 2013, 12:11)
In before Melchior/some self righteous asshole comes it saying you're a loser.

But nah man I feel you. You should try praying or meditation if your not religous. It helps me whenever I feel anxious.

I like how after many years of contributions to the forum, I'm now known exclusively as the guy that belittles mentally ill teenagers. bored.gif

Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Urmm this is annoying, I am getting chest pain on the right side and I am not sure if this is pectorals pain or inside pain.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ich komm' vorbei im 7er und schieß' aus dem Schiebedach

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Xylophobia @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 16:02)
Urmm this is annoying, I am getting chest pain on the right side and I am not sure if this is pectorals pain or inside pain.

Man, you are just annoying. Go to the next doctor or stop complaining here. Nobody here can help you.

Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Ye close this thread btw.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users