Quantcast

» «
Photo

Final Fantasy Versus XIII aka Final Fantasy XV?

9 replies to this topic
Shiggys
  • Shiggys

Biggu Bossu

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

vgleaks has been a reliable source of information to my knowledge, so they could very well be right on this.

From the article:

"Square-Enix announced Final Fantasy Versus XIII years ago and the game was lost in the limbo. Square decided to halt Versus PS3 development two years ago, but the RPG wasn’t cancelled, why? Two years ago, Square-Enix moved the game to PS4 and Sony got in the project.

Actually Sony is co-developing the game with Square-Enix, therefore, this game will be exclusive on PS4.

Square-Enix renamed Versus to FF15 in the middle of this process. Sony’s studios are helping SE with FF15 assets among other tasks."

Welp, looks like we already know what SquareEnix's big Final Fantasy reveal is well before E3.

Thoughts? Discuss!

Sakuya
  • Sakuya

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

Eh. Last one I cared about was 10, though 12 wasn't bad IMO. I'm personally not interested in this nor the PS4, which is kinda sad when I think about it because I used to be pretty big in to both FF and Sony. sad.gif

I do hope they didn't keep the characters from 13 when they switched gears. New number means new cast, you bastards.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Sakuya @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 19:16)
I do hope they didn't keep the characters from 13 when they switched gears. New number means new cast, you bastards.

Versus XIII was already a completely new world, it only shared some of the lore which can be easily switched around little. Don't worry, we won't be seeing those annoying little sh*theads again.

I'm glad its dropped any connection to the sh*ttiness that was the XIII series since this is literally the only good thing that's coming up in FF franchise, even though its quickly turning into the next Duke Nukem Forever in terms of how long its taking.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

XIII was good but they should not have done DLC's for it, and used that time to work more on "Versus/XV" or another new Final Fantasy instead, and when will we get that FFVII remake...

Tho I love Final Fantasy and as of right now the FF at E3 is what I'm most excited about if MGS won't be shown there.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

some new trailer from E3:

Also some gameplay footage:

http://www.ign.com/v...st-look-e3-2013

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

They should step up if they planned to make FF XXVII until 2027:

Sakuya
  • Sakuya

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

Trailer looked kind of cool, I like the cast. I'll definitely keep an eye on this one. Still hoping for a more traditional Final Fantasy in the future. I know of Bravely Default, but alas, I don't own a 3DS.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

This look way better than FFXIII, I liked 13, but it was the worst yet confused.gif. Tho still hope for a old school turn based FF soon, but XV looks really good.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:17 AM

I liked XIII as well, but it was far from perfect. Personally loved the battle system. I haven't played XIII-2 yet but I plan on picking it and XIII back up eventually. I heard XIII-2 was a step in the right direction in terms of the world and such (more open likt the older games).

All in all I'm just glad Vs. XIII is still alive, I wrote it off as never going to happen since it went dark but I'm glad to see, and hear confirmation that it's now in full steam ahead mode.

That said and done, I'm loving the art direction as well as the combat. This will be one of my main reasons to pick up a PS4.

@Forzum I'm sure XIII's stuff had little to no effect on Vs. XIII they're completely diffrent teams working on this, which is good for the people who disliked XIII/XIII-2 as this has a completely diffrent team.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:29 AM

Honestly, I was more excited watching this trailer than I ever was during the entire 60 hours of XIII. I can't wait for the actual game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users