Photo

GTAF Presents: For the ♥ of $$$

215 replies to this topic
hinti21
  • hinti21

~~<====3

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Max. @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 18:54)
dick-punchingly

wow.gif

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Thoughts?

We've broached the subject of rentable properties a number of times in the main thread and where it seems perfectly reasonable to rent a Hotel close to a mission start so that you could save your game people seem immediatly turned off by the idea of taking things as far as paying utilities, rent or property taxes on the protagonist's main home. Real life bills seem like a harsh reminder of well...reality, I suppose. In a game that's supposed to be a bit of carefree escapism that could muddy the waters.

But I could see certain items where it wouldn't bash you over the head as much. In RDR when you purchase a horse that becomes your horse. When you whistle that is the horse that comes to you. And there's an icon that shows that on the compass as well. If you steal a horse, that horse will take you where you want to go but the moment you hop of it, it will start to wander away.

The same premise could be applied to a high end car you purchase or have financed through a vehicle dealership. You can of course steal any car on the map but when you return that car may be likely gone, reported as stolen it was retrieved by the authorities. If you were falling short on payments perhaps a repo tow truck comes and takes it away while you're busy doing something else. Now if you have the note to the vehicle completely paid and owned when you press up on the D pad, wherever you left the vehicle it will be marked with a blue icon on the map and you can retrieve it at any time. The vehicle would also legitimately spawn in your drive way or garage as a result of ownership.

From there the reliability of the purchase verses the temporary thrill of stealing a vehicle would cause you to invest in the vehicles you counted as your favorites.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homeboy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:34 PM Edited by Whiskey, 22 March 2013 - 08:03 PM.

QUOTE (meta187 @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 19:30)
Thoughts?

We've broached the subject of rentable properties a number of times in the main thread and where it seems perfectly reasonable to rent a Hotel close to a mission start so that you could save your game people seem immediatly turned off by the idea of taking things as far as paying utilities, rent or property taxes on the protagonist's main home. Real life bills seem like a harsh reminder of well...reality, I suppose. In a game that's supposed to be a bit of carefree escapism that could muddy the waters.

But I could see certain items where it wouldn't bash you over the head as much. In RDR when you purchase a horse that becomes your horse. When you whistle that is the horse that comes to you. And there's an icon that shows that on the compass as well. If you steal a horse, that horse will take you where you want to go but the moment you hop of it, it will start to wander away.

The same premise could be applied to a high end car you purchase or have financed through a vehicle dealership. You can of course steal any car on the map but when you return that car may be likely gone, reported as stolen it was retrieved by the authorities. If you were falling short on payments perhaps a repo tow truck comes and takes it away while you're busy doing something else. Now if you have the note to the vehicle completely paid and owned when you press up on the D pad, wherever you left the vehicle it will be marked with a blue icon on the map and you can retrieve it at any time. The vehicle would also legitimately spawn in your drive way or garage as a result of ownership.

From there the reliability of the purchase verses the temporary thrill of stealing a vehicle would cause you to invest in the vehicles you counted as your favorites.

Agreed. I'd love the idea of owning the 'car keys' of vehicles I purchased. Just like owning a horse in RDR. Then you could either sell these keys, or if you left you car somewhere you could call a car collection company(?) and they could retrieve your car to the nearest safehouse with an empty space, but at a cost.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

Rockstar got back to us pretty quick this go round.

QUOTE (RSGNYC Mouthoff)

Hey Meta,

We’re glad you are enjoying the gear from the package, and good to hear you’ve got some new stuff to add to the man cave.

Also, great video! While we can’t comment directly about all of what is said, we all absolutely admire the fact that you and others from GTAForums collaborated to put it together. Very well thought out.

Please extend our thanks to everyone involved. All the support is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rockstar Games

Very cool.

Long Live rahkstar2.gif

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

That. Was. F*cking. Great. Clearly, you and everyone else who is involved in this, have put a lot of effort into this. Great job, man!

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 19:30)

This is exactly the thought of thing I had in mind when I was talking about out-goings. Things which enhance the game. As the old saying goes, 'Crime doesn't pay,' well for some of the damage you do in a GTA game, it would definitely cost. tounge.gif

Ownership is a key part of any good game in my opinion; you have to feel invested in the character and have a sense of the protaganist as yours.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (JesseHope40 @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 21:40)
That was nicely done. I used to use GoldWave to rip CDs back in like the fukn 90s. I was not aware it was still around. Is it still freeware?

Thanks.

As for GoldWave, yes it's still around but I wasn't aware it was free at some point. It now costs 20 USD a year or 50 USD for a lifetime license. I say it's a pretty good deal since it's such a useful program.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Watched the entire video, you are a legend man. Respect.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

Well.

Sick video. Anyone else hoping to hear meta hosting his own radio station in V? VOICE OF AN ANGEL.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homeboy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Fuzzknuckles @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 01:34)
Well.

Sick video. Anyone else hoping to hear meta hosting his own radio station in V? VOICE OF AN ANGEL.

Damn straight! Forget about Lazlow!

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

Start the petition today. I'll be the first to sign off on that. biggrin.gif

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Very well put together, meta & Co.

At first I though, "20 minutes, yeah f*cking right," but time flies when you're having fun. Looking forward to parts 2 and 3!

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Great Video, I'm glad i'm not the only one thinking of a crew multiplayer aspect like that. I submitted that exact idea to rockstar when they asked for ideas on how the crews will work. when an objective comes up (e.g bank heist, car robbery)within multiplayer each crew gets notified and it's a free for all between the crews to try and complete the objective for crew funds.

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

Having investments pay off in that kind of way would be awesome. Like gambling, but with more bullets.

On a "other uses" kick I hope the gambling from SA or CTW make a comeback. Horse Race betting may have been an odd side feature, but I had a lot of fun with it. And robbing them like you did with Catalina would be an appropriate response to a long losing streak. Damn now I want to go back and play SA just for ideas on what to do with Trevor.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Tradan
  • Tradan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

Very well made video Meta! Enjoyed the whole thing.

I'd love to see these ideas implemented in V or future installments. R* needs to take these ideas into serious consideration.

P.S. Subscribed & Liked!

DryJohnson45
  • DryJohnson45

Poet to the dumb

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

Enjoyed that video and did shed some light and had some cool ideas.

Thinking about it tho.

It would be nice if so...

Micheal had goons he could invest in to do independent work

Trevor had goons he could pay to get him weapons or drugs or help him traffic

Franklin had goons he could pay or talk into helping him watch a house and then steal from it to obtain weapons, drugs, more money.

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 20:30)
Rockstar got back to us pretty quick this go round.

QUOTE (RSGNYC Mouthoff)

Hey Meta,

We’re glad you are enjoying the gear from the package, and good to hear you’ve got some new stuff to add to the man cave.

Also, great video! While we can’t comment directly about all of what is said, we all absolutely admire the fact that you and others from GTAForums collaborated to put it together. Very well thought out.

Please extend our thanks to everyone involved. All the support is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rockstar Games

Very cool.

Long Live rahkstar2.gif

If Rockstar watched your video that means they saw the realistic steak part wow.gif.

Supernutz40
  • Supernutz40

GTAF Commissioner

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 14:50)
Great Video, I'm glad i'm not the only one thinking of a crew multiplayer aspect like that. I submitted that exact idea to rockstar when they asked for ideas on how the crews will work. when an objective comes up (e.g bank heist, car robbery)within multiplayer each crew gets notified and it's a free for all between the crews to try and complete the objective for crew funds.

Oooooooohhhh... I REALLY like that idea. The aspect of trying to beat other "crews" to the heist and everything THAT might entail is making my brain hurt with pleasure. The teamwork part of that could realistically provide an almost limitless plethora of options and variable ways to go about reaching said goal(s). To me at least, those kind of "options" are what make multiplayer fun. Cops and crooks was always my favorite mode from IV. Depending on the situation you were presented with you had many different routes to achieve success. Race to a heli? Race to the spot? Straight up chase the dot on the radar, and so forth. The simple idea that you have presented sir, is unprecedented, IMO. I like. icon14.gif

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by 73duster, 24 March 2013 - 11:51 PM.

Great video. I am surprised that Rockstar chose to not revisit property ownership, especially considering how popular it is amongst GTA fans. It just seems like a bit of a no brainer, that if you want money to have more significance, then having to buy property would be a MUST. That being said, that doesn't mean their won't be property RENTAL.
Cars are also unrealisticaly handled. Why purchase cars when you can STEAL them? Even worse, you can actually KEEP the vehicles you steal. That should be changed to several other options like:
1- Sell the car to a chop shop for a fraction of what it's worth. If the car is an exotic sports car is worth $100,000, the chop shop would give you $20,000.
2- Spend money to customize the vehicle, and change the VIN, allowing you to keep the car if you wish.
3- Just leave the car when you're done with it. Eventually the car will be recovered and towed away by the police. Remember, it's a STOLEN vehicle. It's ridiculous to be able to "keep" it, and use it indefinately, as we've been able to do in the past. If you have the stolen car for 24hrs, police WILL find it and attempt to recover it.

Money should be acquired in much smaller increments, making every dollar more valuable to you. You should'nt be able to loot massive amounts of money or weapons from dead pedestrians. Weapons should be only attainable from ammunation, or very few peds that you kill along the way. Ammo should be more limited as well, making every violent encounter more interesting.

Having to pay fees for certain necessities should also be implemented. For example:
Banks- You should have a percentage of your money go to "money laundering". It's not realistic to have millions in the bank, with no job. Anyone who acquires large amounts of money illegally, has to hide it somehow.
Vehicle repair- I'm only talking about vehicles you own, and have DAMAGED, not on tedious maintenance.
Personal amusement- Whether it's at an amusement park, Golf course, or anything in between, you shouldn't be able to enjoy these activities for free. The golf course should require you to pay a members fee in order to play. If you go on the property without being a card paying member, you will be asked to leave, or charged with trespassing.

The bottom line is, make money HARDER to attain, in smaller quantities. This will give money more worth. More importantly, don't allow us to use everything the game has to offer for free. This will make having a decent amount of money in the bank a NECESSITY, thereby making going out and Aquiring money a necessity as well. If you don't continue to make money, you will be limited in the things you can do in the game.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

That was pretty cool. icon14.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:22 PM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 25 March 2013 - 02:43 PM.

Some really nice ideas there man. I watched the whole video and look forward to the rest.The fact that you got all that stuff from Rockstar and their compliments is quite telling if you ask me. They don't do that for no reason. I'm guessing when they saw the thread that they liked certain ideas so much that they simply had to delay it further and actually implement it. Or maybe they felt like they really hadn't a whole lot of nice ways to spend money after all, who knows?

By the way, at the end of the video you show comments from Rockstar on the Newswire about this, but i can't clearly read it. Do you have pics of that? I'd like to see what else they said. Even if the reason for delay isn't adding a few ideas like these, i'm sure they will take these ideas into account for the next-gen GTA. But the fact that it was planned for Spring and then all of a sudden delayed to Fall...nah, something is up, things are being added and it's going to be even better than initially planned. I believe this.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 14:22)

By the way, at the end of the video you show comments from Rockstar on the Newswire about this, but i can't clearly read it.

The actual replies have all been mainly posted in the original topic, we sort of minimized them on purpose as not to bash you over the head with it in a braggy way. The Newswire backdrops were used as something a bit more recognizable than looking at the RSGNYC replies in my bland yahoo mail account. tounge.gif You can however see them responding to the link this last week in the Delay Announcement on both The Newswire and their Facebook Page thanking us for sharing it. And yes at the end of the day it is our ardent wish that this affected some sort of positive change with their approach to money spending in this upcoming release. It'll certainly be interesting to run a side by side comparison of what did and didn't make it in come September and then in the DLCs to follow.

btw- Scripting and loose production is already in the works on the 2nd one so look for us again hopefully this time next month......-ish.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 15:01)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 14:22)

By the way, at the end of the video you show comments from Rockstar on the Newswire about this, but i can't clearly read it.

The actual replies have all been mainly posted in the original topic, we sort of minimized them on purpose as not to bash you over the head with it in a braggy way. The Newswire backdrops were used as something a bit more recognizable than looking at the RSGNYC replies in my bland yahoo mail account. tounge.gif You can however see them responding to the link this last week in the Delay Announcement on both The Newswire and their Facebook Page thanking us for sharing it. And yes at the end of the day it is our ardent wish that this affected some sort of positive change with their approach to money spending in this upcoming release. It'll certainly be interesting to run a side by side comparison of what did and didn't make it in come September and then in the DLCs to follow.

btw- Scripting and loose production is already in the works on the 2nd one so look for us again hopefully this time next month......-ish.

Dude that is f*cking cool. Time will tell, and if they do implement those ideas...you deserve to be on that credits list wink.gif

Also...

I write news articles about anything gaming, although it's mostly console gaming and sometimes about PC and hardware. It's a Dutch gamesite called 3nter.nl and we've recently celebrated our one year anniversary smile.gif. I thought it was a good idea to write an article about this. Basically i just explain that this could be the reason for GTA V's delay, i link to your thread, have posted the video and picture of the goodies you received. You probably can't speak Dutch, but a translator site could help smile.gif. I thought this was necessary, so that our readers are up to date on that as well, cause this is simply highly interesting. Here's my article:

http://3nter.nl/nieu...uto-vs-uitstel/

Cheers!

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by meta187, 25 March 2013 - 06:42 PM.

Great. We def appreciate you spreading the word. The voices at the heart of our gaming community certainly deserve to be heard, as this could serve as a sort of inspiration to others to simply not talk about the "what if" something were to happen and then bitch incessantly when it doesn't happen in your favorite game but rather to take the bull by the horns and say to your favorite company, "here's how it could work" then at the very least you can sleep well knowing you made the proactive effort to contribute and get involved in the creative process even if it's only from an outsiders perspective on the ground level. Rather than worry about whether these ideas actually get used or not we can also approach our suggestions on the premise that a good idea today is still a good idea tomorrow. Safe to say, at any given point, sometimes a fresh view from someone outside these very exclusive production studios is perhaps just what the doctor ordered, eh? sly.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

That was a really good presentation. Can't wait for the other videos.

Supernutz40
  • Supernutz40

GTAF Commissioner

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Kinda makes you wonder if R* ever pays attention to fan suggestions. It's not like this site hasn't been here for a decade now, with literally 1000's of pages of suggestions and ideas. Just a thought. Hey Meta, if R* someday says to you that this was the reason for the delay, don't tell anyone. Your life could become endangered around here, lol.

Vin.
  • Vin.

RD loves me.

• The Connection

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

This is fantastic. Another job well done meta.

As mentioned. I feel that Vice City touched on this. However didn't quite hit the mark. Sure - robbing banks, stealing ATM's, and rolling people on the streets would be a small aspect of an economy. What about the rest?
I'd love to see the ability to invest your money and see returns on it. Invest in companies in the game. A Wall Street or similar introduced? Ha.

This is making me all the more excited about this next instalment. And again, well done to meta and all involved. icon14.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (JesseHope40 @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 19:33)
Kinda makes you wonder if R* ever pays attention to fan suggestions. It's not like this site hasn't been here for a decade now, with literally 1000's of pages of suggestions and ideas. Just a thought. Hey Meta, if R* someday says to you that this was the reason for the delay, don't tell anyone. Your life could become endangered around here, lol.

According to the beginning of the video, Rockstar apparently pays attention to fan suggestions already.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Meta its because of you that gta v will be absolutely phenomenal. I have a very strong feeling rockstar is going to implement some of these features. Ive always wanted to work hard for high end weaponry!!!

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 23:26)

Start the petition today. I'll be the first to sign off on that. biggrin.gif

Second that.

Nicely done on the video, Meta. Way better than I expected. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users