Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAF Presents: For the ♥ of $$$

215 replies to this topic
meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

user posted image

in association with

user posted image

Present

user posted image
user posted image user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

O n Thursday, Jan 10th veteran community members and GTAF staff gathered to discuss one of the more compelling aspects of the up coming release of GTA V, namely the use and application of a living, breathing economy in the next GTA installment. At that time it was not known (though fully expected) that there would be a formal delay on the game's release. However, In the Game Informer Reveal and other game info outlets some statements in regards to money and how it will actually work were made clear.

About the economy, Dan Houser says: "You will be able to spend money to buy interesting and fun things like expensive toys. We are still working on the economy but it will be a strong element in the game and players will be eager to make money to spend money. Something along the lines of "I went through all of this to make all this money and now I'm going to spend it on this crazy item."

A certain amount of money will be needed to gain access to some missions.

-GTA V.net

With that thought in mind, an active and in depth conversation gave release to a topic, For the ♥ of $$$ - Making Money Work in GTA V, which has been generally well received by newer and older members here alike but more importantly by the watchful eye of Rockstar Game Developers and official Rockstar correspondence network, RSGNYC MOUTHOFF. What began as mere speculation that the tone and depth of the topic was well liked and appreciated by them was later confirmed within a month of it's release as we received official correspondence from the company. The reply was cautious in tone, as to not give credit to any one idea but encouraging and complimentary of the effort made by the author and all participants in the GTAF topic to the extent that a nice care package was sent over to the author of the topic for a job well done.

That said, a little encouragement and positivity shown towards the GTAF Community can go a long way. This video presentation is the product of being shown just a little love by our hands down favorite video game company in the world. If well received we hope for this to be the first of a three part series so please show your support at this time and share this with fellow fans outside the forums here and spread the word as we are looking to promote these ideas towards Rockstar's attention in future game development endeavors.

So if you aren't into TL;DR topics grab yourself some popcorn and a fresh can of Sprunk, we sincerely hope you are at the very least entertained by this and enjoy the next 20 minutes of your life. No Refunds, Void where Prohibited.

user posted image

T his production was by no means a one man show and couldn't have happened without the active participation and input of the GTAF Community. At this time we take a special moment out to acknowledge the many creative hands who assisted in bringing the content in this video presentation to life. Otherwise, you would have had to listen to meta yapping nonstop through this thing over a completely black screen and believe us, nobody wants to listen to that long winded sh!t without a little visual distraction to help it along.

Noted Contributors: Narcis_speed6, What?!, PresidentKiller, Pusher, Otter, DTUMan, Waingro (for a killer opening line), and JuVeNiLe for some original tunes.

Special thanks to Adriaan for placing faith in experience and the power of good ideas. You stayed in our corner every step of the way, supporting the thread and it is duly noted.

And to you the readers, if you've simply commented on our thread, shared us on Facebook, Twitter or emailed Rockstar on our behalf your efforts are again warmly received. Thanks and keep reading, couldn't have done it without ye unruly goblins.

user posted image

A re you a visual or musical artist, writer, or someone who dabbles in Video Audio presentations? Are you an enthusiastic fan of Grand Theft Auto and perhaps have experience in shooting game play videos or developing game mods to express creative ideas? If so, we are looking to hear from you!

At this time, as we move into a new game release, The GTA Network is looking to make itself known with a much stronger lean towards original content and a visual presentation. As we move into multiplayer competition and single player gameplay in the coming months following the release of Grand Theft Auto V and writing active commentaries there will be an ardent need for a more hands on approach towards media and how it addresses the in flux of Social Club information and general gameplay mechanics as they are revealed.

Please contact meta187, Adriaan or Andy if you are interested in contributing your time and talents towards our efforts. Thank you.

Also, we didn't back our Maibatsu over a hooker for nothing, snatch up this oddly glowing money before it inexplicably blinks out of existence!

user posted image

CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=540985&st=0][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/z9s7jQV.gif[/IMG][/URL]

user posted image

CODE

[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=540985&st=0][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/edNtew3.gif[/IMG][/URL]

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by skyfamster, 21 March 2013 - 04:14 AM.

*Looking forward to the other two parts* tounge.gif

omggtav
  • omggtav

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

Wow, too much time on your hands?

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

Very nice. I really like how it was all put together. icon14.gif

Now back to the shadows. Move along, nothing to see here... ph34r.gif

Supernutz40
  • Supernutz40

GTAF Commissioner

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:59 AM Edited by JesseHope40, 21 March 2013 - 05:04 AM.

WOW. That was awesome man! Now I see why you've been a ghost on xbox for the last month! Lol. Great fuking job man!! I really truly enjoyed that! Oh btw, I like how you used the ugly little creatures from Labyrinth to depict the unruly GTA fans. That was hilarious to me for some reason.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

Thanks guys.

I didn't mention it in the intro but this is best viewed in 720 to 1080p on your YT viewing option. The default view looks a bit muddy at points.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

I thought the video was great. The soundtrack was fantastic, and you're an excellent voice-over guy. The images were very funny too. Good job, almost felt like listening to a GTA radio... You know what was the only thing missing? ... Radio ads, you should seriously look in to creating your own and adding them in between the music. You could even do little radio DJ segues, frame the whole thing as though it's an actual radio show. You could even present all the different opinions as though they are people calling in to the show to tell you their opinions..

Just an idea for you to think about.

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

Subscribed and left a comment on your video. smile.gif

trevors685
  • trevors685

poo poo head

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

what in the f*ck

Please create your own news channel dedicated to GTA V. This is some top notch, professional sh*t right here. I can imagine how many hours you put into to this video.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (trevors685 @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 05:38)
what in the f*ck

Please create your own news channel dedicated to GTA V. This is some top notch, professional sh*t right here. I can imagine how many hours you put into to this video.

Haha that's exactly what i thought. Don't you think it would be a good idea if he made like a radio show?

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:51 AM Edited by GTA-King, 21 March 2013 - 07:41 AM.

Love it!

Great first video, man! I didn't mind the reading in the other topic, but I have to admit it's nice to see it all compiled into a video. It really makes it more interesting and fun. I also think it's good that everyone knows this topic has/is being viewed by R*.... so maybe that will give more people the incentive to post their thoughts.

A quick thought I would like to add. I think Trevor should have his own empire building system. We know he runs a drug & gun enterprise, so why not? Essentially he would start off kinda poor, but after doing some heists with Franklin & Michael, he would have some money to fund his little empire. Cash for new drug & gun shipments, henchmen, ect. Taking over businesses could be something like it was in VCS:

That's just something I would like to see. Probably won't happen in V, but maybe in a future title. I really feel that R* can expand on empire building. But anyway, terrific topic dude, and I really appreciate all the effort. You are a valuable asset to this community. Much respect! icon14.gif +Respect

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif ...

Actually, here. Enjoy some real cookies:

user posted image

PS. your voice is DJ quality, man. Stay sexy. cool.gif

EDIT: also, great work to everyone who helped! icon14.gif

trevors685
  • trevors685

poo poo head

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

If you don't mind me asking, what's the name of the music in your other video?

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

gtanet may benefit from expanding their network on people like you.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Someone please make this man a mod.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

Wow wow.gif nice interlining of your ideas about cooperaton. Duty recalls. biggrin.gif

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 06:34)
Someone please make this man a mod.

Hell with being a mod, get this guy his own studio. His grasp of sandbox gaming is awesome.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

That is some superhero sh*t, pal.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hell no panic.gif this thread has been pinned from the V forum. This is mega congrats icon14.gif

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Link is broken for me sad.gif

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Wow, you managed to paint a solid picture in my mind of what would be a game of unprecedented immersion, so color me impressed.

As I'm sure MC Hammer would probably tell us, it's only fun to get filthy rich if you can find plenty of fun ways to become dirt poor again.

Trevor Phillips Enterprise
  • Trevor Phillips Enterprise

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Awesome video and thread with some good points well made. Looking forward to the next installments.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

You could honestly change the name of the video to "How to make a GTA" and it would still be perfect. It goes to show just how much importance money has and how it can make every other game aspect better. Great work man

DrippinJaws
  • DrippinJaws

I am watching you...

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

This topic is surely going to win the Topic of the year, for 2013 awards.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Top quality. I don't believe this is receiving the recognition it certainly deserves from the subforum's regulars around here; the amount of great work and dedication from everyone who participated in this is amazing.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

That was awesome, very well put together. icon14.gif

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Certainly appreciate the kind words and thoughtful impressions thus far. The next step is something I cannot do on my own. Promote the living sh!te out of this within whatever means you have availble to you. Share it on Facebook, Tweet it to Rockstar and related GTA contacts. Like us and comment on Youtube. These ideas are a culmination of what the GTAF Community has voiced over the years and they should be heard and seen by the right eyes and ears. Rattle the cage, goblins, rattle the cage.

Again thanks for the input. All of these sections started as small ideas that gave way to larger ideas, that doesn't happen without interaction from all of you, so take your own credit in this project as a collective.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• England

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

Amazing production; one of the best contributions, if not the best, I've seen from the GTA fandom. Well done to Meta for heading this, and to the rest of the community for joining in and obviously making it great fun to make.

I'm just going to trial this unpinned, since it deserves all the attention it can get and topics at the top often get overlooked icon14.gif

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 18:14)
I'm just going to trial this unpinned, since it deserves all the attention it can get and topics at the top often get overlooked icon14.gif

Fair enough.

The initial fear in posting this was that a screen shot of Franklin's armpit would leak to the internet the day this was posted and this topic would get subsequently buried under 30 plus topics speculating about the brand of deodorant used on said armpit within a few brief hours. Knife kindly aquiessed in making sure this had a proper positioning on the board at the end of the day but I can def see your point that a bit of floatation helps it along on the initial drop as well. Thanks, Kirsty.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• England

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Never fear, not even a crotch shot leak is going to bury this.

I just want to ensure it gets the spotlight over the busier periods of the evening, I'll re-pin later today to ensure it keeps on top smile.gif

Proust
  • Proust

temps perdu

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Holy cow! That was top notch video game journalism.
Good to see that this has been already acknowledged by R*. Another delay inbound! tounge.gif

PS. Tweeeeeted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users