» «
Photo

Adjusting Graphic Settings In GTA: IV

8 replies to this topic
StringBean32
  • StringBean32

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:40 AM Edited by StringBean32, 20 March 2013 - 08:07 AM.

Hi All,

After purchasing Grand Theft Auto IV last night from Green Man Gaming I have come across a issue with trying to change the graphic settings in GTA: IV.

My computer specs are as follows:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W
Video Card: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X OC 3GB GDDR5
MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB DDR3
SSD: Samsung 120GB 840 Series
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2GB

I am unable to adjust the graphics settings in-game due to GTA: IV coming up with a warning that states, your graphics settings are near or exceed the suggested resource limits for your system. It is recommended that you reduce your graphics settings in order to run the game optimally.

I am also running the game through Capsule which is a Green Man Gaming application for downloading and installing games and have tried creating a commandline.txt file using notepad with -availablevidmem 3.0 inside then moving that to C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Green Man Gaming\Grand Theft Auto IV - PC\big_file\fullgame\gameroot but it comes up "The compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted". I have also tried un-installing and re-installing the game but that didn't help either.

In saying all this the game doesn't even show up in the Add or Remove programs in the Control Panel yet its installed.

Can someone help me out?

Kind Regards,
Stringy

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

Create a notepad text document and enter this command..
CODE
-norestrictions

..save it and put that in your GTA IV directory.

Hope this helps.

StringBean32
  • StringBean32

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

I can't because it comes up The compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:14 AM Edited by shiva s, 20 March 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Never heard of Green Man Gaming but I highly doubt your copy is not a retail one since you've said it has come in a zipped file.

Is your game pirated? Please, clear that up for me and I'll see if I can help.

StringBean32
  • StringBean32

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

No the game isn't pirated I payed $20.00US for it. I have actually found the directory I think on a separate drive and have been trying to put that -norestrictions code in but it doesn't seem to be working, can you give me the directory it should be going into?

StringBean32
  • StringBean32

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Guys I think I have worked it out I put the -noresrictions in the target location.

Krenh
  • Krenh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

I tried the cmmandline method on my PC but it didn't work (and I did nothing wrong, I triple checked it). Is there any other method? I would really appreciate some help.

MY PC:
Asus N56VZ
CPU: Intel Core i7 3630QM, 2.4 GHz
Memory: DDR3 12 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT-650M (4 GB)

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 04:14)
Never heard of Green Man Gaming but I highly doubt your copy is not a retail one since you've said it has come in a zipped file.

Is your game pirated? Please, clear that up for me and I'll see if I can help.

Just a friendly heads up, that IF you had done a simple 2-second search like I did, you would have found that Green Man gaming is a legal download site. tounge2.gif lol.gif

I am unable to adjust the graphics settings in-game due to GTA: IV coming up with a warning that states, your graphics settings are near or exceed the suggested resource limits for your system. It is recommended that you reduce your graphics settings in order to run the game optimally.

You just solved your own problem right there-do as the error says and lower the settings-more specifically the resolution, and problem should be solved. tounge2.gif

Krenh
  • Krenh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 20:28)

You just solved your own problem right there-do as the error says and lower the settings-more specifically the resolution, and problem should be solved. tounge2.gif

What about me? Are you suggesting that NVIDIA GT650M (4GB) graphics card and Intel core i7 3630QM (2.4 GHz) CPU is not enough??? mercie_blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users