Quantcast

» «
Photo

people getting upset when mentioning grove street?

217 replies to this topic
saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 16:42)
I'm not sure why people get so upset over it to be honest. It may be because the whole 'era' thing confuses them, so they have to keep reiterating it to get it straight in their own minds.

Then again, it could be that they never played the old games, and so they might feel excluded by conversations of nostalgic easter eggs and externalise that feeling of exclusion with angry tone in their posts.

It may be that they are just trying to show you how big a GTA fan they are, in the one place on the internet where that might be considered by some, as a point of pride. Therefore they have to display their extensive GTA universe theory knowledge.

Of course there is the possibility that they are just irritated by seeing multiple threads asking if CJ will be in the game, and are redirecting their annoyance at that issue and extending it to any related topics, such as Grove Street.

Maybe some of them are worried that if Grove Street is in the game, then as soon as they enter it, it will cause an inter-dimensional time paradox and destroy the entire GTA multiverse.

I guess you'd have to ask each person who expresses anger individually and then try to glean some sort of insight in to their emotions based on their response

I like this answer the best, and yes I am worried about an interdimensional time paradox turning my Xbox into a black hole and I may not be able to leap out of the way in time. smile.gif

But this answer below expresses how I feel angry.gif about possible exclusion and lack of reference to the old Grove Street:
I don't see why we can't have a Grove Street out of coincidence. If the different universes can have the same god damn vehicles and the same god damn brands of clothing, food chains, products, and actually have people on the radio such as Lazlow from the III era, then I don't see why we can't have one god damn motherf*cking street out of the 1,000 streets in Los Santos named Grove Street.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Atleast there is actually more people agreeing with me, I feel bad fur the butthurt "ERA" Members.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

I see Grove Street like Noobs see Choppers, it's like overrated.

Like aren't you tired of it? But as an easter egg, I guess why not?

The thing is, there are so many new things to worry about, yet people for some stupid reason, are screaming all over the place for G-ST, like really, out of everything.

Tomm94
  • Tomm94

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

It's sad to see this thread ruined by pointless bickering and arguing. Some of you need to understand that everyone is entilted to their own opinion without being subjected to impertinent comments.

As for the topic, I agree with you OP. An easter egg resembling Grove Street would be nice and bring us back to some great memories.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'd also like to see Families and Ballas return, but of course they would be technically 'new' gangs or sets, whatever you prefer to call them, and totally unrelated to the ones we met in SA.

I think that would provide nice series continuity, without crossing the worlds over too much. Maybe they won't because they are worried that some fans might not understand the concept, but i think most people would get it. And those who didn't get it? Well who cares.. They can have great fun trying to track down CJ, while the rest of us are out robbing.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:06)
I'd also like to see Families and Ballas return, but of course they would be technically 'new' gangs or sets, whatever you prefer to call them, and totally unrelated to the ones we met in SA.

I think that would provide nice series continuity, without crossing the worlds over too much. Maybe they won't because they are worried that some fans might not understand the concept, but i think most people would get it. And those who didn't get it? Well who cares.. They can have great fun trying to track down CJ, while the rest of us are out robbing.

I agree, That would be great. icon14.gif

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (trevors685 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 10:43)
I don't see why we can't have a Grove Street out of coincidence. If the different universes can have the same god damn vehicles and the same god damn brands of clothing, food chains, products, and actually have people on the radio such as Lazlow from the III era, then I don't see why we can't have one god damn motherf*cking street out of the 1,000 streets in Los Santos named Grove Street.

user posted image

Man, that's the scariest .gif I've ever seen in my life! That's the stuff nightmares are made of. Jesus, what the hells that from?

GTA5isntAMYTH
  • GTA5isntAMYTH

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

ive never seen people getting angry at the mentioning of grove street name, i think they should have an easter of it. what wrong with going back to past place in back game biggrin.gif

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by blakeney, 20 March 2013 - 11:27 PM.

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:22)
I don't see why we can't have a Grove Street out of coincidence.  If the different universes can have the same god damn vehicles and the same god damn brands of clothing, food chains, products, and actually have people on the radio such as Lazlow from the III era, then I don't see why we can't have one god damn motherf*cking street out of the 1,000 streets in Los Santos named Grove Street. 

user posted image

Man, that's the scariest .gif I've ever seen in my life! That's the stuff nightmares are made of. Jesus, what the hells that from?

I was wondering the same thing, any info would be great, I wouldn't mind getting hold of some clips of w/e its from for music video use... bet there is some other "proper" creepy sh*t too! icon14.gif

Victorians did "creepy" well, just by dressing up in "outfits", this stuff is clearly supposed to be creepy too.

Freaky victorians

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

GS and Ballas are basically a copy of The Crips and Bloods with different colours. All they have to do is change the names again and it's refreshed

We've already seen Franklin in a green bandana and top, and someone being pursued dressed in all purple, like the colours in SA. So they will be in the game undoubtedly, but I hope as Ballas and GS. There is Ballas graffiti'd on a bench in the trailer too, so who knows?

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (darkdayz @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:25)

GS and Ballas are basically a copy of The Crips and Bloods with different colours. All they have to do is change the names again and it's refreshed

We've already seen Franklin in a green bandana and top, and someone being pursued dressed in all purple, like the colours in SA. So they will be in the game undoubtedly, but I hope as Ballas and GS. There is Ballas graffiti'd on a bench in the trailer too, so who knows?

Yeah, But even that information doesn't persuade buttuhrt fans.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:27)

Well from that the LEAST we can possibly get is now a homage to the gangs of San Andreas, so what's the problem haha?

Although the colours are in the trailer, with graffiti. And they can't make LA without a rendition of the Crips and Bloods, utilising this in Franklins story. Nobody can disagree. I hated San Andreas and the gang stuff, wasn't my thing, but it's obvious to see that the elements of SA gangs will be back, different names or not.

My guess is the names will be the same because it is not a physical character, but a 'brand' - Brands have crossed over the era's before, so it's possible. And I think because of 'Ballaz' being on the bench, it's a given the names will be back, because it is already incorporated into the landscape as graffiti and therefore is within the world.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:27)

I cant see how... they either truly think R* could make a real world game set in LA WITHOUT gangs based on the Bloods and Crips (not saying they would play a major or perhaps even minor part before anyone cries), or they think R* will pick a different set of colours again...?

I personally think they will be same colour and different names.

I think GS should and more than likely will be an unrelated (to the modern gangs) easter egg.

Either way, there is more chance of it being same names and Grove STREET being the Greens HQ, then there is NO gangs based on Bloods and Crips.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Yeah i saw the guys in purple and the 'Ballas' written on the bench, but can't be 100% sure yet, because Franklin's dog seems to wear a purple collar in one screen, but i also saw one where Franklin had a green bandana, so it made me think these could just be easter eggs. I'd like to see them return though. I hope you get to work with them at some point..

Not sure if i would like to work with Ballas though, since they were my sworn enemy at some point, that might take a bit of mental readjustment haha.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

I don't mind it as an Easter Egg, just as some graffiti or a Street Sign near a junk yard or something.

I DON'T want to see Grove Street as a gang back, or Ballas, I'm tired of that out dated early 90's thug life crap most San Andreas fanboys refuse to let go of.

Look at GTA IV, every gang was changed, the Leone Mafia is seriously more famous than Grove Street, and yet they were only reduced to one or two easter eggs in the game, so to me, it would just be downright pandering to the San Andreas fanboys if they brought back these gangs for no damn reason! We have a hard enough time already with idiots shouting at most Franklin pictures going "YO IS DAT CJ?" without adding more to their confusion.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:33)
I don't mind it as an Easter Egg, just as some graffiti or a Street Sign near a junk yard or something.

I DON'T want to see Grove Street as a gang back, or Ballas, I'm tired of that out dated early 90's thug life crap most San Andreas fanboys refuse to let go of.

Look at GTA IV, every gang was changed, the Leone Mafia is seriously more famous than Grove Street, and yet they were only reduced to one or two easter eggs in the game, so to me, it would just be downright pandering to the San Andreas fanboys if they brought back these gangs for no damn reason! We have a hard enough time already with idiots shouting at most Franklin pictures going "YO IS DAT CJ?" without adding more to their confusion.

Gangs member of the Crips and Bloods are still being arrested to date for gang related violence in and around Los Angeles. Why dismiss it when you have a clear gang narrative with Franklin. To do so would be stupid.

trevors685
  • trevors685

poo poo head

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:22)
I don't see why we can't have a Grove Street out of coincidence.  If the different universes can have the same god damn vehicles and the same god damn brands of clothing, food chains, products, and actually have people on the radio such as Lazlow from the III era, then I don't see why we can't have one god damn motherf*cking street out of the 1,000 streets in Los Santos named Grove Street. 

user posted image

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=PpOj4_38bKM smile.gif

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

but people forget that if Rockstar is re doing los santos as modern day los angeles- they still have add gangs since that is still a strong element in the southern californian culture.. Ballas and Grove St were based off Crips and Bloods. And Crips and Bloods still excist. Therefor they have to add some sort of fictional gang of the real life counterparts.

plus- why would Rockstar put that Ballas sign on the bench as an easter egg? have they ever put a easter egg in a trailer?

remember- the designers put detail into every corner of the map-so they put that sign there for a purpose to let the viewers know that there is still an active gang war in los santos between two rival gangs....it only makes sense people..

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

I wouldn't be devestated if no gangs were in it, all i'm saying is there are still quite a few gangs in the ghetto of LA

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (darkdayz @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:37)

Gangs member of the Crips and Bloods are still being arrested to date for gang related violence in and around Los Angeles. Why dismiss it when you have a clear gang narrative with Franklin. To do so would be stupid.

Yes, but it's not as prominent today as it was back then, not saying it doesn't happen, but Hispanics are running more hoods now than Black, and the war is between them, the whole bloods vs crips things is minor now compared to what it was in the early to mid-90s, so to waste more time rehashing that when there's more interesting wars to bring up relating to modern day LA would just be lazy on Rockstars behalf.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Yes, but it's not as prominent today as it was back then, not saying it doesn't happen, but Hispanics are running more hoods now than Black, and the war is between them, the whole bloods vs crips things is minor now compared to what it was in the early to mid-90s, so to waste more time rehashing that when there's more interesting wars to bring up relating to modern day LA would just be lazy on Rockstars behalf.

im sure your not from the southern california-so i have to inform you as a current resident of ingelwood california black gang culture is still alive and active and still play a major part in the street culture and criminal underworld. so it would make perfect since if they keep grove st and the ballas in this game. ..

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (evoluon--720 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:44)
so it would make perfect since if they keep grove st and the ballas in this game. ..

No it wouldn't

Invent some new gangs, yeah, but bringing back Ballas and Grove Street would be a massive cop out. Again, not saying Black gangs don't exist anymore, there's still plenty of on street activity, but it was much bigger in the early to mid 90s and much more well known and wide spread. These days, it's the hispanics who are more known, seen as actual proper gangs.

Crime in LA has grown into many areas, so it would be great if GTA V focused on some of that stuff instead of shoe horning in some Boyz To The Hood homage to appease San Andreas fanboys, LA has moved on, Compton isn't that same place as it was in old Dr Dre videos, where it's all cool to be ghetto thug and homies having fun on the streets.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (evoluon--720 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:44)

im sure your not from the southern california-so i have to inform you as a current resident of ingelwood california black gang culture is still alive and active and still play a major part in the street culture and criminal underworld. so it would make perfect since if they keep grove st and the ballas in this game. ..

I think he was supposed to say "It isn't on the news and in the media as much, therefore it isn't as prominent on my TV/In my newspaper".. tounge.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

And again, San Andreas fanboys have turned this into a discussion about how brilliant Grove Street and Ballas are and how they NEED to come back.

Some of you guys seriously want this to be San Andreas 2: CJ's Back Baby! tounge.gif

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

[QUOTE]
No it wouldn't
Invent some new gangs, yeah, but bringing back Ballas and Grove Street would be a massive cop out. Again, not saying Black gangs don't exist anymore, there's still plenty of on street activity, but it was much bigger in the early to mid 90s and much more well known and wide spread. These days, it's the hispanics who are more known, seen as actual proper gangs.
Crime in LA has grown into many areas, so it would be great if GTA V focused on some of that stuff instead of shoe horning in some Boyz To The Hood homage to appease San Andreas fanboys, LA has moved on, Compton isn't that same place as it was in old Dr Dre videos, where it's all cool to be ghetto thug and homies having fun on the streets.
[QUOTE]

where are you even from? australia? how do you know how its like in Compton?
Yes there are more latinos here in LA and they have a strong hold on the gang world- but black gangs-like the bloods and crips are still as deep and important here. Its kinda disrespectful and close minded for you to say that black gangs is just "Boyz In the hood" crap... its much more than that..

and theres a black protagonist in the game not an hispanic character..

A Ballas tag is in th trailer along with a dude in purple running from franks dog so im going to say the ballas and the families are back.

wish i could bet yall money on this sh*t

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (evoluon--720 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:56)
where are you even from? australia? how do you know how its like in Compton?
Yes there are more latinos here in LA and they have a strong hold on the gang world- but black gangs-like the bloods and crips are still as deep and important here. Its kinda disrespectful and close minded for you to say that black gangs is just "Boyz In the hood" crap... its much more than that..

and theres a black protagonist in the game not an hispanic character..

A Ballas tag is in th trailer along with a dude in purple running from franks dog so im going to say the ballas and the families are back.

wish i could bet yall money on this sh*t

1) Hahaha, Australia

2) I do a lot of research on modern day LA as well as past roots and the rising of current trends dating back to the 1970s where LA started to become the place it is today

3) Yes, there are more Latinos to turd ratio in modern day LA, they are also seen as the more dangerous of the two

4) I never said Blacks were just Boyz In The Hood, I'm using that as an example of how most people are stuck in the 90s with their views on Black Gang Culture in LA, when really, the most active thing Blacks do these days is drug pushing, none of that Gin & Juice street party in the sunshine bullsh*t followed by "YO STAY OFF OUR TURF, WE RIDE UP AND BLAST YOU!" that San Andreas highlighted, it's more toned down yet serious now

5) So because there's a Black character as the lead, that MUST be Grove street and Ballas are back? Were you one of those guys who screamed CJ when you first saw Franklin?

6) Tags don't mean sh*t, GTA IV had plenty of tags of old days, they were just easter eggs.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:40)

Yes Agreed, it is an aged concept now. Which is perhaps a catalyst for why Franklin breaks free from it, hence his line in the trailer. It's still part of the story, maybe not for long though.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

We do know that Franklin used to be involved in gang-life and that his friend Lamar still is heavily involved. So obviously black gangs will be a significant part of the narrative, theres no question about that. So it would only make sense for them to bring those 'entities' ie Ballas and Families over to this generation. It keeps everything within the 'GTA' world but still allows for new gangs and new members. they've donw it with so many other 'entities' that it would make perfect sense for them to do it with those gangs.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

1) Hahaha, Australia

2) I do a lot of research on modern day LA as well as past roots and the rising of current trends dating back to the 1970s where LA started to become the place it is today

3) Yes, there are more Latinos to turd ratio in modern day LA, they are also seen as the more dangerous of the two

4) I never said Blacks were just Boyz In The Hood, I'm using that as an example of how most people are stuck in the 90s with their views on Black Gang Culture in LA, when really, the most active thing Blacks do these days is drug pushing, none of that Gin & Juice street party in the sunshine bullsh*t followed by "YO STAY OFF OUR TURF, WE RIDE UP AND BLAST YOU!" that San Andreas highlighted, it's more toned down yet serious now

5) So because there's a Black character as the lead, that MUST be Grove street and Ballas are back? Were you one of those guys who screamed CJ when you first saw Franklin?

6) Tags don't mean sh*t, GTA IV had plenty of tags of old days, they were just easter eggs.

believe what you want..i believe they'll make a return

and no- i actually thought frank was going to hispanic when i saw him in the first trailer..
i am wise enough to do research before i form an opinion

i dont see why they wouldnt throw the ballas and the families in there. the game is supposed to be massive- so two street gangs wouldnt hurt or be lazy if they brought them back..

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:10 AM Edited by Ash_735, 21 March 2013 - 12:14 AM.

QUOTE (darkdayz @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 00:05)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 23:40)

Yes Agreed, it is an aged concept now. Which is perhaps a catalyst for why Franklin breaks free from it, hence his line in the trailer. It's still part of the story, maybe not for long though.

EXACTLY, I want to see the modern day version where most members actually want to break away from that sh*t, I want to see modern gangs done right, not the panto crap that was Grove Street and Ballas!

edit: @evoluon--720: Ballas and Grove Street WOULD be lazy. In GTA IV, Rockstar created FIVE Mafia families each one with key members and back stories dating back to the 1970s for most of them, ...and only ONE of them (Two if you count the last missions with Gravelli) was used for the game. SOME of the third one was used for TBOGT.

If Rockstar put that much attention to detail for the gangs of Liberty City, even the street gangs and biker gangs, etc, why would they suddenly get lazy and just be like "Oh, you know what, lets bring back Ballas and Grove Street, we can't think of anything else!".

Not saying Black Street Gangs shouldn't exist, I'm saying Ballas and Grove Street shouldn't exist, by all means, I want them to come with new gangs with an interesting history, not the panto clown show that was Ballas and Grove Street.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users