Quantcast

» «
Photo

people getting upset when mentioning grove street?

217 replies to this topic
theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Like for Michelangelo!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (blakeney @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 12:28)
Before you EDITED your post, it was (and still is tbh) a good example of what I said people do... The OP even stated the STREET and nothing more... why you even posted at all is beyond me.

I'm afraid a do have to respond when someone is full of sh*t, I like to highlight that fact to them and everyone reading, I think you are the only person left that disagrees with that point, so you keep posting your pics and chatting sh*t wink.gif mercie_blink.gif

user posted image

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

I actually agree with him though. When people think about the Grove they think about the gang that occupied the street, what's the point of the street if the gang doesn't exist? All it would be is an easter egg. Is that all you care about? This game is about something entirely different. Get with the f*cking times.

For those of you thinking I'm 10 for not wanting to see Grove St again, I'm 23, and I've been playing GTA for half of my life.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Like for Michelangelo!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 12:39)
I actually agree with him though. When people think about the Grove they think about the gang that occupied the street, what's the point of the street if the gang doesn't exist? All it would be is an easter egg. Is that all you care about? This game is about something entirely different. Get with the f*cking times.

For those of you thinking I'm 10 for not wanting to see Grove St again, I'm 23, and I've been playing GTA for half of my life.

Thank you. That's all I was trying to say in my original post.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

With the amount of streets in the game, it would be silly not to have one called 'Grove Street', just to give you some nostalgia.

There's a street in my city called Grove Street, which I find pretty funny.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (blakeney @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 11:15)
From what I can see, those that violently preach the "OMGZ DIFFERENT ERAS GUYS!!1" usually show signs that they are like 10, and have proberly only just got their little heads round the whole era's thing, so go round beating down anyone that suggests anything that even comes close to the "era" debate.

They also never have a valid augument besides "OMG ITZ DIFFARENT ERA DUH", also leading me to think they are no older then 12. tounge.gif

I would like to see grove street in as an easter egg... and other places from old SA.

I wouldn't mind Grove Street in the game, but you're acting like the biggest tool at the moment.
Some people like facing the truth, they don't like to admit their doubts of some things being in GTA V.
Deep down, you all know that Grove Street will not be in the game, maybe they will give reference in an easter egg, but we all secretly have our doubts.
Also, using people who are younger than in an argument is also a douchey thing to do.

latigreblue
  • latigreblue

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 12:39)

That actually is lacking in logic. Wouldn't the gang be named after the street? GSF - the proper name of the gang stands for Grove STREET Families. Actually no, I do not think of the gang when the Grove is mentioned but the street.

I respect everyone's opinion but this kinda shouting down and insulting others who don't open their mouths and say Ah! to anything that Rockstar pulls outta their arses is getting tiresome. So you know what Rockstar said about an issue and you cool with it. Great.

That thing about Michael being Tommy. The confusion was caused by Rockstar. How could they not have noticed how much the dude they hired sounds like Ray Liotta? He sounded so much like Tommy that people had to ask Liotta if he reprised the role. Perhaps Michael is about 20 years too young but he certainly looked like an older Tommy and the story fit.

I also thought that the old house in North Alderney on the cliff could be a version of the Leone house. I can see that it is clearly not the same house but the similarities are evident.

All of that being said, I definitely will be searching this version of Ganton for Grove Street.

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

I fully agree with the Grove Street as Easter Egg idea. I love the little nods to past games.

Rockbottomsville
  • Rockbottomsville

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Grove Street is returning end of story. I will check back on these forums a day after the game is released so yall can tell me rather i was wrong or not. But we alot of evidence in screenshot such as franklin wearing green bandana, riding green motorcycle, guy running with purple shirt and shoes from chop, ballas writin on a park bench next to micheal. THIS IS NOT A CONSIDENCE PEOPLE, Rockstar has givin us all obvious clues to that they are returning now i believe they may be shocked that some retards are still saying they wont return. THEY SAID CHARACTERS FROM DIFFERENT ERA MAY NOT RETURN NOT GANGS. WE WLL see a modern day Grove street that still wear the same color and everything

rere1love
  • rere1love

GTA DIVA

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

i would like to to see Grove St in the game it would be nice to see it back

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

I would love to see Grove Street and the Johnson House, it would be so f*cking nostalgic.

trevors685
  • trevors685

poo poo head

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:43 PM Edited by trevors685, 20 March 2013 - 02:48 PM.

I don't see why we can't have a Grove Street out of coincidence. If the different universes can have the same god damn vehicles and the same god damn brands of clothing, food chains, products, and actually have people on the radio such as Lazlow from the III era, then I don't see why we can't have one god damn motherf*cking street out of the 1,000 streets in Los Santos named Grove Street.

user posted image

Big_L91
  • Big_L91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

i think that grove street the street will deffinatly be in there somewhere. i think that grove street the gang could possibly return too theres no evidence of it not. yet there is alot of gangster types in the trailer wearing green and purple. this was deffinatly done intentionally to get people thinking they would be back whether they are or not.

also that guy posting the what the f*ck am i reading memes.........what a douche!

people take this whole universe thing wayyyyy to far.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (theNGclan @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 11:40)
We've gone over this with you before.

It's because Rockstar founded the different eras system. Grove Street was home to the Grove Street Gang from GTA SA. No characters from the III era are returning in the IV/V era. It's not hard to understand. It is possible the STREET may come back, but when you talk about Grove St. it makes people think of the gang. Quit bringing it up.

The "new era" logic is rediculous. Gangs dont die when the founders die. The crips/bloods are still going strong today and most of the members havent even met the founders. CJ or any other Grove street characters of III dont need to be present for the gang to be present. Now R* doesnt need to make gangs the focus like it was in III but I dont see why the Grove steet gang or any of th others cant still be in the game like the groups in GTA 4. They had the biker gangs, russians gang, etc.

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

user posted image

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

I'm not sure why people get so upset over it to be honest. It may be because the whole 'era' thing confuses them, so they have to keep reiterating it to get it straight in their own minds.

Then again, it could be that they never played the old games, and so they might feel excluded by conversations of nostalgic easter eggs and externalise that feeling of exclusion with angry tone in their posts.

It may be that they are just trying to show you how big a GTA fan they are, in the one place on the internet where that might be considered by some, as a point of pride. Therefore they have to display their extensive GTA universe theory knowledge.

Of course there is the possibility that they are just irritated by seeing multiple threads asking if CJ will be in the game, and are redirecting their annoyance at that issue and extending it to any related topics, such as Grove Street.

Maybe some of them are worried that if Grove Street is in the game, then as soon as they enter it, it will cause an inter-dimensional time paradox and destroy the entire GTA multiverse.

I guess you'd have to ask each person who expresses anger individually and then try to glean some sort of insight in to their emotions based on their response

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Hated. Adored. Never Ignored.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:01 PM Edited by Mm9090, 20 March 2013 - 05:38 PM.

Locations can survive through generations (e.g LC airport was named Francis International in both GTA 3 & 4.)

So I don't understand why people get upset either.

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 01:10)
I'm not saying I want to see CJ or any past players, Just Grove Street as a little easter egg tucked in some corner of los santos.

But When Grove street is even mentioned people get angry and say it should never return!

Different eras or not, I think it would be a nice little easter egg, so can someone tell me why you are getting overly upset?

Most of the time people don't mean it as an Easter Egg because that's not much to discuss in that, anyway. So it's usually idiots saying Grove St. in CJ's canon.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

I wouldn't see any problem in this. The center of the Grove Street is Ganton and that area is known as Compton in Los Angeles.

QUOTE (blakeney @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 12:47)
[...] but the OP did only say the STREET...not the gang... [...]

Indeed. If he would speak about the gang then he would've said Grove Street Families. If only Grove Street is mentioned then that's the area around Ganton, or basically the area that is dominated by the Grove Street members.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 17:01)
Locations can survive through generations (i.e LC airport was named Francis International in both GTA 3 & 4.)

So I don't understand why people get upset either.

There is also Vinewood, which we know for sure is in the new game.

UberVIIX
  • UberVIIX

I got your girl sucking on that kumquat juice...

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Well lets look at this logically. Unless I'm missing something and a natural disaster or new construction has happened then there's no reason for it not to STILL exist. I'd go so far as to guess 90% of the streets that were around in the 1990's are still there today. Blah Blah different era blah blah... Does this mean the airport that was in SA won't be in V? How about the some of the main buildings downtown, since they included them in SA they will exclude them in V. That said, I have no idea if it will or not, but even though the city is being redone completely, I'm willing to bet we will see many places we saw in SA. Why should Grove St. be any different?

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Slightly Rectified

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

The way I see it, the whole different eras thing only applies to main characters. Therefore, locations, radio personalities (Lazlow and Fernando), cars, brands, etc. can (and do) still exist.

Doesn't need to make 100% sense, because R* does whatever the f*ck they want.

Side note: I was a tad disappointed that there wasn't an area named Trenton in IV. I like that name.

Vortexz0r
  • Vortexz0r

I dont care.

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

People just take this to serious. Sitting here everyday and waiting for new informations and stuff. Go outside!

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm not into the whole "gangsta" thing, rap music, or any of it, however, I think there should be a nod to Grove Street. I wouldn't mind it. I'm just a nostalgic kinda person, I guess. Maybe there's a Grove Street sign in the bottom of the ocean somewhere? orly.gif

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 18:40)
I'm not into the whole "gangsta" thing, rap music, or any of it, however, I think there should be a nod to Grove Street. I wouldn't mind it. I'm just a nostalgic kinda person, I guess. Maybe there's a Grove Street sign in the bottom of the ocean somewhere? orly.gif

Speaking of ocean.....I hope we get a Ryder easter egg where his corpse can be seen on the sea bed, so I can riddle it with a harpoon.

omer19992010
  • omer19992010

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Well I think we will have grove street as an easter egg but if gangs are returning It's most likely going to be new names but the same Colors.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

if anything they'll call the green gang "The Families" and purple gang "The Ballas" based of the Crips and the Bloods..
In San Andreas Grove Street families was just one of the gangs within a major gang..like the Ballas..both gangs had sub sets...

IcePwrd
  • IcePwrd

Things n' stuff

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

As an easter egg sure why not

But if they bring back the gangs and crap that made SA bad then no

AJayG
  • AJayG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

i know this might have been answered already but will CJ be making an apperance in gta5?

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Slightly Rectified

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (AJayG @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 20:24)
i know this might have been answered already but will CJ be making an apperance in gta5?

Negative.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (zacmobob @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 20:13)
As an easter egg sure why not

But if they bring back the gangs and crap that made SA bad then no

they won't, but they certainly didn't make SA Bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users