4th Multi-Designer Project Discussion!

256 replies to this topic
DyomKing
  • DyomKing

My Name Is KING

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Dream Hunter
I think in this story we can hack people's Dreams or after we can able to combine Dream World And Real World
I just think this type story!

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (DyomKing @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 13:49)
Dream Hunter
I think in this story we can hack people's Dreams or after we can able to combine Dream World And Real World
I just think this type story!

Nice idea, What about someone hacked people's dreams, then something goes wrong, like the dreams got out of the dream world.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

I guess lot of people want Dream Hunters tounge.gif . Alright then I think the name is settled. For the most part we have settled everything.

Anyone up for making the logo?

We really did not discuss the protagonist skins, but I can find some that fit the characters I have in mind. Here are my name selections and a small description about the characters that are almost a final decision.

Protagonist 1- Narcis Parker: He is a student in his late 20s who has been having some strange dreams lately. He soon learns that his dreams are feeling more real and there are agents who may be hunting him down. After seeing a psychologist and a therapist, he learns may be able to control his dreams and the world around him.

Protagonist 2- Amber Halloway : After 2 years of living a normal life, She is asked to return to her job as a Dream Hunter and go back into dream world. She is told there is an intruder inside that she must take out, however knowing a little about her boss's motives who is Mr. X, she needs to decide whether to help the intruder or her boss.

Protagonist 3- James Clerk Maxwell aka Mr. X: James Maxwell is a normal person, but Mr. X is more of a crazy and mad scientist..After being diagnosed with multiple personalities, he was fascinated with the human mind and several states of consciousness. The SA Government hired him as an experimenter down in Area 69 to see if he can help create a secret project to alter and control the altered universe commonly referred as the "Dream World". Now Mr. X wants to control it after concluding the tests with many test subjects.

So those are the 3 Protagonists for Dream Hunters. Hope to see they are all entertaining enough and maybe fight over which you guys want to be biggrin.gif .

Now, How should we set up the teams, everyone just simply post here what protagonist's story they wanna play in? OR Host a raffle and let the teams be a surprise?

If it is a raffle, Everyone who is 100% sure they are participating PM me your 1st and 2nd Choices of which protagonists. So the PM would be like

Here are my choices of what team I want

1st: (Protag)
2nd: (Protag)

Anyway, We are almost ready to get started on the missions, I will get ready to set up the rules and the topic thread. smile.gif

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Excellent story...I am ready for it..I havre sent my choices in PM.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

So.. is this another GTA III: Reloaded alike project that 'll be abandoned? Or is this really going to have some progress now? Because I'm still waiting for a topic and so..

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 23:52)
So.. is this another GTA III: Reloaded alike project that 'll be abandoned? Or is this really going to have some progress now? Because I'm still waiting for a topic and so..

I think doublepulse is currently busy with his life. When he finishes his work, he will start the project. So be patient, young man. monocle.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by Doublepulse, 09 April 2013 - 10:58 PM.

QUOTE (COOLMAN12234555896 @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 21:23)
QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 23:52)

I think doublepulse is currently busy with his life. When he finishes his work, he will start the project. So be patient, young man. monocle.gif

Indeed, last 2 days I was busy with school work. How can something be abandoned if it has not started yet anyway? tounge.gif

Honestly, I am waiting for participants to list their protagonist choices , So I can start formulating the teams up. Only 4 people have listed their choices through PM, and just letting you guys know I read them biggrin.gif

Part of the thread is written up already in a note pad, so all I have to do is copy and paste it, when I am done with it.

Im kind of little shocked about the choices so far haha, kind of makes me wonder if the characters are balanced well.

Anyone want to make the logo?

Chips237
  • Chips237

Ruining your lives since 1637

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

When are we gonna start?

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Chips237 @ Wednesday, Apr 10 2013, 06:30)
When are we gonna start?

When I put up the topic and we get some more participants to send their choices tounge.gif

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

One more question :
Are we going to plan the whole story beforehand ? (Like what will happen at the beginning to what will happen at the end..)
Or are we just going to start making the missions and then implement and modify the story as we go along?

Hope you all understand what I mean...

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

In case any of you didn't understand. The project will start once:
  • There's enough users to join.
  • When all participants give their protagonist choices to Doublepulse.
  • When Doublepulse designs the first three missions.
  • When the topic is ready.
Zohair: No. The participants have the freedom to choose how the story goes when it's their turn.

Nice_Shot
  • Nice_Shot

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Guys... No more f*cking Rocket or Atomic Bomb please...

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Nice_Shot @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 15:30)

Haha yea! That is getting kind of boring, but it is not time to discuss the ending yet, we are only getting started.

Zizo pretty much cleared it up, thanks. We got total of 5-7 people right now.
About the missions, It will not really be 3 missions, but maybe 1 giant intro explaining the situation with some game play. It is a little tough deciding how to start, but I'm not gonna create something over the top just yet, just something easy to understand a bit.

Some of the teams have been made so far, but not enough to create equal teams. 2-3 people minimum might be needed for each team. The more users, the more traditional things will be as well biggrin.gif Its not much of taking turns if there is not enough people joining.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Nice_Shot @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 17:30)

If I remember correctly, you were the one to come up with the bomb in DA:TC. confused.gif

Darkseller63
  • Darkseller63

DYOM Designer and User

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 23:11)
QUOTE (Nice_Shot @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 17:30)

If I remember correctly, you were the one to come up with the bomb in DA:TC. confused.gif

That was my idea. And I don't give a sh*t, if somebody doesn't like it.

DyomKing
  • DyomKing

My Name Is KING

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 17:49)
QUOTE (Nice_Shot @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 15:30)

Haha yea! That is getting kind of boring, but it is not time to discuss the ending yet, we are only getting started.

Zizo pretty much cleared it up, thanks. We got total of 5-7 people right now.
About the missions, It will not really be 3 missions, but maybe 1 giant intro explaining the situation with some game play. It is a little tough deciding how to start, but I'm not gonna create something over the top just yet, just something easy to understand a bit.

Some of the teams have been made so far, but not enough to create equal teams. 2-3 people minimum might be needed for each team. The more users, the more traditional things will be as well biggrin.gif Its not much of taking turns if there is not enough people joining.

So who's Members Can you give name of all's?

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:53 PM Edited by Doublepulse, 16 April 2013 - 03:49 AM.

Ok here are the people we have so far

Confirmed Participants:

Doublepulse (me, duh tounge.gif )
Zohair12345
Chips237
DyomKing
Zizo008
ThaBoy
COOLMAN
BDR
Prince Gumball
Willbe
Platinum Card
Notna

Unconfirmed/Not sure
Secronom President
Guib
Junior123456789
Nice_Shot
Darkseller63

It would be nice to get a confirmation to see if they are joining. I know it may seem obvious, but at least I can see how many people want to take part. Even if you wanna join any random team, It would be nice to see who is serious about joining. Sorry if I forgot anyone, I tried to see who contributed to the thread recently and made more suggestions, since that usually shows some interest.

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

I'm interested. I think it would be awesome to see how well everything comes together.

Chips237
  • Chips237

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Well, whatever happens i'll still join the 4th MD Project.
P.S: This is the first time i did.

Be Kowalski
  • Be Kowalski

"Black and white's gotta be in you."

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 21:53)
Willbe

Well, I told (a loong time ago) to call me Kowalski. But nevermind. About joining the project, I don't have ideas for the names, but I'll answer with some quote. biggrin.gif

Well... since you put that way, I'm in.

Chips237
  • Chips237

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

I guess that's WillBe and Prince Gumball removed from unconfirmed.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 22:53)
Ok here are the people we have so far

COOLMAN

sarcasm.gif

I don't remember signing up.

Meh, I'll try to make a mission, but I won't promise anything!

Chips237
  • Chips237

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Checklist to start:
[X] There's enough users to join.
[] All participants give their protagonist choices to Doublepulse.
[] Doublepulse designs the first three missions.
[] The topic is ready.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Guys, i think i found a good match of characters, each one has his Dream World counterpart. I made sure they're the same "person" only with different clothing, exept for Mr. X, although they still look similar enough. I hope they're good enough for the project smile.gif

Real LifeDream World
user posted imageuser posted image

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Tuesday, Apr 16 2013, 18:11)
Guys, i think i found a good match of characters, each one has his Dream World counterpart. I made sure they're the same "person" only with different clothing, exept for Mr. X, although they still look similar enough. I hope they're good enough for the project smile.gif

Real LifeDream World

I like it, even though I started the intro a little, I'm not too far, so I can change the actor for Narcis haha.

The intro is actually going to be 1 mission for all the protagonists, rather than 1 mission each.

Not all participants need to give their choice, but it would be easier since I don't have to randomize things and everyone could get a suitable character they want to enjoy.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Chips237 @ Tuesday, Apr 16 2013, 14:24)
Checklist to start:
[] The topic is ready.

Checklist to start:
  • There's enough users to join. -> DONE!
  • All participants give their protagonist choices to Doublepulse. -> Will be done in about 1-2 months.
  • Doublepulse designs the first three missions -> Will be done after finishing Cold Year, so that 'll be around 2023.
  • The topic is ready -> The topic 'll also need some preparation, so my guess'd be 2025.
Alright sounds good, only 12 years 'till everything's done.

Now, to actually contribute a bit with my post, I think Zizo's idea is great but is wrong at one aspect of this idea. If all protag's have a counterpart, then all other characters would also need to have a counterpart in this dream.. world.. thing.. (just my way of thinking). And that's not really possible.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Tuesday, Apr 16 2013, 20:29)
QUOTE (Chips237 @ Tuesday, Apr 16 2013, 14:24)
Checklist to start:
[] The topic is ready.

Checklist to start:
  • There's enough users to join. -> DONE!
  • All participants give their protagonist choices to Doublepulse. -> Will be done in about 1-2 months.
  • Doublepulse designs the first three missions -> Will be done after finishing Cold Year, so that 'll be around 2023.
  • The topic is ready -> The topic 'll also need some preparation, so my guess'd be 2025.
Alright sounds good, only 12 years 'till everything's done.

Now, to actually contribute a bit with my post, I think Zizo's idea is great but is wrong at one aspect of this idea. If all protag's have a counterpart, then all other characters would also need to have a counterpart in this dream.. world.. thing.. (just my way of thinking). And that's not really possible.

Nah trust me, It will be lot sooner than 12 years haha biggrin.gif

Anyway, It is more of an altered dimension than just a dream world.. Sure everyone can dream, but only selected individuals actually get access to that version of the dream. The intro is actually part done and I totally ripping off Matrix and Assassins Creed for this idea, but there is a pill or a machine that will get you access to these altered Dreams.

The story is about Narcis figuring it all out, Amber either trying to help Narcis figure the truth or close him out of it. So not all characters in the story will need 2 skins anyway, and not all characters will be even able to do what these 3 characters can do.

I don't want to set anything in stone or make conclusions about the story so early, but my guess is most of the side characters might actually be part of their imagination and not real people.. biggrin.gif

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Give me one reason to participate.

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Because team projects are nice?

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Tuesday, Apr 16 2013, 22:17)
Give me one reason to participate.

Give me one reason why not to participate. tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users