Quantcast

» «
Photo

4th Multi-Designer Project Discussion!

256 replies to this topic
guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 18:13)
or some strange things are happening around San Andreas and some Myth investigation groups are investigating the cause of it.

Investigation of myths would be cool indeed, since it still stand under the main theme fantasy.

Or maybe you go to an alternate dimension of San Andreas and then meet yourself who is in allot of trouble or something.

But the cool thing with my whole dream thing is, is that you can really let everything go, you can place houses in the air, you can move certain other objects without it having ANY logical sense, you can make a bridge out of doors, it doesn't matter, because in the dream world there is no such things as gravity, it can be as illogical as we allow it, while still having a great story...

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (guib @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 19:16)
QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 18:13)
or some strange things are happening around San Andreas and some Myth investigation groups are investigating the cause of it.

Investigation of myths would be cool indeed, since it still stand under the main theme fantasy.

Or maybe you go to an alternate dimension of San Andreas and then meet yourself who is in allot of trouble or something.

But the cool thing with my whole dream thing is, is that you can really let everything go, you can place houses in the air, you can move certain other objects without it having ANY logical sense, you can make a bridge out of doors, it doesn't matter, because in the dream world there is no such things as gravity, it can be as illogical as we allow it, while still having a great story...

Just let your imagination run wild!

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Here's my idea:

Military / Terrorism / Zombies combined in one.

After the zombie outbreak began, the survivors divided in three (the lone and small survivors' groups, the army, a resistance group to the army seeking to make a new order (a new government with new laws) because they hate the current "lack of actions" from the current one.) Some kind of civil war during a zombie outbreak (would be a good use of the Friend / Enemy 1 / Enemy 2 feature.

The first protagonist would be a soldier in the army, the second protagonist a member of this resistance group.

As for the third protagonist, he would be a zombie (or he could be a normal human, get infected and become one.) Would be interesting to see the designers creativity to invent some kind of special zombie language.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 21:41)
Here's my idea:

After the zombie outbreak began, the survivors divided in three (the lone and small survivors' groups, the army, a resistance group to the army seeking to make a new order (a new government with new laws) because they hate the current "lack of actions" from the current one.) Some kind of civil war during a zombie outbreak (would be a good use of the Friend / Enemy 1 / Enemy 2 feature.

The first protagonist would be a soldier in the army, the second protagonist a member of this resistance group.

As for the third protagonist, he would be a zombie (or he could be a normal human, get infected and become one.) Would be interesting to see the designers creativity to invent some kind of special zombie language.

Like it. However the Zombie protag is not so good, i have some ideas for the Zombie language like using the arrow symbols +u+ and +d+ and the others, not sure if they still work but i saw them in the old hook your mission topic or use the color tags, it's a unique idea but wouldn't have much to it, just a zombie like any other.
I don't think he should be a solidier, more like somebody who was sheltered by military or something like that and he helps them.
The first chapter could be about "the world going to sh*t" stuff, and the 2nd should be "no hope left" like just a few groups, most of the people dead. And chapter 3 should be either like the protags die in the end or get rescued in a similar way to the previous REs

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Member Title? Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 21:45)
QUOTE (Secronom President @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 21:41)
Here's my idea:

Like it. However the Zombie protag is not so good, i have some ideas for the Zombie language like using the arrow symbols +u+ and +d+ and the others, not sure if they still work but i saw them in the old hook your mission topic or use the color tags, it's a unique idea but wouldn't have much to it, just a zombie like any other.
I don't think he should be a solidier, more like somebody who was sheltered by military or something like that and he helps them.
The first chapter could be about "the world going to sh*t" stuff, and the 2nd should be "no hope left" like just a few groups, most of the people dead. And chapter 3 should be either like the protags die in the end or get rescued in a similar way to the previous REs

I think each protagonists should have their own goals, like Protagonist 1 would try to find out who infected SA, Kill him and stop the virus, Protagonist 2 would try to escape, and protagonist 3 would try to find out about something.

I also liked guib's idea of getting into an alternate SA dimension and meet your altered self, like in the normal SA, everything is peaceful and the protagonist is nice, and in the alternate SA dimension SA was apocalyptic and the protagonist was all metal and rough.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:11 AM

Okay since, everyman in here is interested in sailing in the "Zombie" boat, I have no problem in hopping in. But believe me, it'll surely get boring to shoot the same 2500 health'ed zombies in every missions.

I also liked Secronom's president of Zombie protagonist. It sounds new and quite cool. How about a storyline similar to the movie "I am a Legend"?

Protagonist one play the role of Will Smith living alone in the plagued city fighting the zombies every night whilst also trying to find a cure for the virus.

Protagonist two will be a member among some secret organisations or a soldier living in another city tasked to save people, survivors and neutralise the half-dead brain eaters.

Protagonist three will be a ZOMBIE! He's the leader of all the zombies living in the same city where protagonist one is residing. He along with his zombo-clans tries to find protagonist one and kill him.

Perhaps, my idea may not sound really good but what I'm trying to imply is that, we should take this zombie theme whole new level. Also, there should be some sort of reward/award for the one who makes the best missions in this whole project. That way, it'd serve as a motivation and would encourage more people to join.

DyomKing
  • DyomKing

My Name Is KING

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:29 AM Edited by DyomKing, 21 March 2013 - 06:01 AM.

Now I think some Ideas
I also make Story of zombies
And also Survival. And i hope zombies and survival is the best and new idea for this project.
So i also want to join this project.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:45 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 21 March 2013 - 05:51 AM.

QUOTE (shiva s @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 04:11)
Okay since, everyman in here is interested in sailing in the "Zombie" boat, I have no problem in hopping in. But believe me, it'll surely get boring to shoot the same 2500 health'ed zombies in every missions.

I also liked Secronom's president of Zombie protagonist. It sounds new and quite cool. How about a storyline similar to the movie "I am a Legend"?

Protagonist one play the role of Will Smith living alone in the plagued city fighting the zombies every night whilst also trying to find a cure for the virus.

Protagonist two will be a member among some secret organisations or a soldier living in another city tasked to save people, survivors and neutralise the half-dead brain eaters.

Protagonist three will be a ZOMBIE! He's the leader of all the zombies living in the same city where protagonist one is residing. He along with his zombo-clans tries to find protagonist one and kill him.

Perhaps, my idea may not sound really good but what I'm trying to imply is that, we should take this zombie theme whole new level. Also, there should be some sort of reward/award for the one who makes the best missions in this whole project. That way, it'd serve as a motivation and would encourage more people to join.

I agree with this idea! And that is part of my other motive with creating teams. I want to see people feel good about working together.

I also understand about the repetitiveness about shooting zombies with 2500 hp and that is not what I had in mind at all when I want to create survival missions. Not to mention I think 2500 is too much, I preferably say 500-1000 is enough.

I'm talking about creating a mission that will have you gather supplies from a truck, or setting a signal at a radio tower to look for help. Creating a camp with objects, staying on roofs and sniping from above, sneaking past. I want there to feel some use of creating survival skills, finding a broken vehicle and fixing it. I have played Project Apacolypse server on SA-MP and that is a role play server about meeting people, surviving against zombies (other players), getting gas for vehicles, raiding stores and looting them, etc.

My vision is hoping that vehicles may be scarce to some degree and limited and you better be careful where you drive because your car is so close to blowing up.

You mix those elements with the story and you are looking at good drama and variety of missions. I think all protagonists should have some survival, but with a different goal and objective in mind.

You see the variety?? Add Military theme and bioterrorism to the mix or police, then you have even a bigger variety! Military will have to take over cities and clear our the infection or something with the same methods, and finding who is responsible, while bio terrorist group would try and spread the infection. I think if anyone who should get the zombie protagonist to some degree should be bio terrorist, maybe create some missions where you play the zombie, but is not protagonist.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 05:45)
QUOTE (shiva s @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 04:11)

I agree with this idea! And that is part of my other motive with creating teams. I want to see people feel good about working together.

I also understand about the repetitiveness about shooting zombies with 2500 hp and that is not what I had in mind at all when I want to create survival missions. Not to mention I think 2500 is too much, I preferably say 500-1000 is enough.

I'm talking about creating a mission that will have you gather supplies from a truck, or setting a signal at a radio tower to look for help. Creating a camp with objects, staying on roofs and sniping from above, sneaking past. I want there to feel some use of creating survival skills, finding a broken vehicle and fixing it. I have played Project Apacolypse server on SA-MP and that is a role play server about meeting people, surviving against zombies (other players), getting gas for vehicles, raiding stores and looting them, etc.

My vision is hoping that vehicles may be scarce to some degree and limited and you better be careful where you drive because your car is so close to blowing up.

You mix those elements with the story and you are looking at good drama and variety of missions. I think all protagonists should have some survival, but with a different goal and objective in mind.

You see the variety?? Add Military theme and bioterrorism to the mix or police, then you have even a bigger variety! Military will have to take over cities and clear our the infection or something with the same methods, and finding who is responsible, while bio terrorist group would try and spread the infection. I think if anyone who should get the zombie protagonist to some degree should be bio terrorist, maybe create some missions where you play the zombie, but is not protagonist.

Using the Zombie theme in that way , like a survival would be really interesting and fun tio design too, instead ofvrepitive battle with Zombies.
I am looking forward to design missions of that sort..
colgate.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Guys, i said zombies with 2500hp BUT with headshot on! It will be just like The Walking Dead, they don't die unless you shoot them in the head.

About the protags, zombies can't be! Like Doublepulse said just for a few missions in the terrorists story.
Guys, i had an idea very similar to Operation Raccoon City and DP's. The bad protag's group is for terrorists that try to spread the virus, kill any survivors and maybe send some BOW. The good protag group is military which tries to remove the virus and kill BOW and terrorists, and the neutral protag will be either alone or with some people, and will have some stealth gameplay like while Military and terrorists are fighting in the scene you go around them and stuff like that using Enemy 1 and 2 while his objective is to find somebody or leave town.
I'd like this mostly to take place in SF because of Zombotech.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (guib @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 00:35)
What about a more fantasy type of story, such with monsters and other dimensions and time travel, sh*t that nobody has seen yet in DYOM. You know, sort of Doctor Who kind of things...

Or like a mission that is a dream in a dream in a dream, like the movie Inception.

These ideas are actually quite good, better than zombies in my opinion.

guib
  • guib

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by guib, 21 March 2013 - 04:02 PM.

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 20:41)
Here's my idea:

I am gonna be honest, I don't think this is a good idea. Not only is both military and zombie themes way overused, after a while it becomes the same over and over again.
It is cool for a few missions but then it becomes "just another zombie mission pack" in DYOM forums...

Normally I love zombies in movies, books and games. (Walking Dead is awesome). But for DYOM, it is only interesting for a few missions before it becomes boring...

I really love to get more feedback about my idea, if you don't like it, at least tell me why.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Your idea is unique and great guib. But the problem is that not everybody can do it great, the way the world goes and how to present it overall, it's not that i don't like it but i just prefer Zombies for this time, i have alot of plans for the characters and i can see how it will turn out especially with multiple protags.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

guib, Your idea is great actually, and I don't really see how any person could dislike it. The problem is that nowadays everyone is obsessed with zombies, and people don't like fresh new unique ideas anymore. They'd rather go for the thing they've on their mind, instead of considering something new. And then they go use those silly arguments that are... no argument at all.

But since every person sails the zombie boat, it seems I'm not taking this ship. Have fun with your multi zombie project.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

I have an idea, it's based on a novel which was made into an anime, What about it takes place in the future, and there was a device which can let a gamer into the game itself, and when a big, popular MMO came out, thousands of people played in it, and then the players found out that they cannot log out of the game, the developer came and told the that one of them must reach level 100 to let everyone out, and if the player dies in the game, they die in real life, and if someone in real life removed the device which lets the player get into the game, they will die that way aswell...

What do you think?

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 16:52)
I have an idea, it's based on a novel which was made into an anime, What about it takes place in the future, and there was a device which can let a gamer into the game itself, and when a big, popular MMO came out, thousands of people played in it, and then the players found out that they cannot log out of the game, the developer came and told the that one of them must reach level 100 to let everyone out, and if the player dies in the game, they die in real life, and if someone in real life removed the device which lets the player get into the game, they will die that way aswell...

What do you think?

Haha sounds pretty good. Reminds me several movies and few games,I played .hack for a little bit, might have to play it again.

Anyway, I will be opening a poll later and we will see what everyone really wants.

Another idea I had was how about 3 mini multi designer projects and people can join the team they want, and develop their own story with their own theme, and at the end we will vote which is the best, and maybe continue it. It kind of ruins the point of the 3 protagonists crossing over though sad.gif

I don't know, I will open a poll later today and figure out which theme gets the most results. Also we need to find out who is actually joining..

In your next post include the word "I'm in" if you are truly participating regardless what the theme is. Then I will make the list.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 17:47)
QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 16:52)

What do you think?

Haha sounds pretty good. Reminds me several movies and few games,I played .hack for a little bit, might have to play it again.

Anyway, I will be opening a poll later and we will see what everyone really wants.

Another idea I had was how about 3 mini multi designer projects and people can join the team they want, and develop their own story with their own theme, and at the end we will vote which is the best, and maybe continue it. It kind of ruins the point of the 3 protagonists crossing over though sad.gif

I don't know, I will open a poll later today and figure out which theme gets the most results. Also we need to find out who is actually joining..

In your next post include the word "I'm in" if you are truly participating regardless what the theme is. Then I will make the list.

Yea, It's based on this, you should totally read it, or watch the anime, it's worth the time.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Wow. Sword Art Online? I'm a fan, but I don't know. I still prefer time traveling and stuff.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 01:52)
which was made into an anime

No.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

The poll is not up yet since I'm gathering all the themes we talked about in here.

But the Zombie idea is cancelled for this MDP. I have something else in mind with that idea.

I am interested in the time travel and dimension idea that Guib mentioned. Maybe some story that requires a protagonist to prevent a time paradox with his future self, maybe he gets stuck in the past or the future or in some strange world and is trying to get back.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 07:33)
The poll is not up yet since I'm gathering all the themes we talked about in here.

But the Zombie idea is cancelled for this MDP. I have something else in mind with that idea.

I am interested in the time travel and dimension idea that Guib mentioned. Maybe some story that requires a protagonist to prevent a time paradox with his future self, maybe he gets stuck in the past or the future or in some strange world and is trying to get back.

How about a story like MEN IN BLACK 3 ?

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

^Unfortunately, we don't have worm skinned, double-headed creatures in DYOM. Good idea though.

Alright since, our captain Doublepulse has decided to jump from the 'Zombie' ship, I have no problem in jumping along with him too. I like Prince Gumball's timetravel idea. I got a similar one too. How about three protagonist in different times?. I mean, P1 will be in past, P2 in present and P3 in the future.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

I don't know why you guys thought everyone was with the Zombie idea even though most of the posts were against it.

For time travel, i'd like someone that made the machine, someone who wants it, and someone who either helps the good or bad protag.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 09:42)
^Unfortunately, we don't have worm skinned, double-headed creatures in DYOM. Good idea though.

Alright since, our captain Doublepulse has decided to jump from the 'Zombie' ship, I have no problem in jumping along with him too. I like Prince Gumball's timetravel idea. I got a similar one too. How about three protagonist in different times?. I mean, P1 will be in past, P2 in present and P3 in the future.

By MIB 3 , I didnt mean fighting against aliens , I meant by the TIME TRAVEL concept in that movie.We could replace aliens by gangsters etc.. but story of that movie would befit very well here.
Like there were two agents ,but one of them decides to go in parallel universe where in he was already killed by the antagonist.
To know why his partner decided to switch universes , the first partner decides to go in past to know what happened between his partner and antagonist.

DyomKing
  • DyomKing

My Name Is KING

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (Zohair12345 @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 10:41)
QUOTE (shiva s @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 09:42)

By MIB 3 , I didnt mean fighting against aliens , I meant by the TIME TRAVEL concept in that movie.We could replace aliens by gangsters etc.. but story of that movie would befit very well here.
Like there were two agents ,but one of them decides to go in parallel universe where in he was already killed by the antagonist.
To know why his partner decided to switch universes , the first partner decides to go in past to know what happened between his partner and antagonist.

Thats a cool idea
I like it a lot Zohair

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Alright ,So when will the polls be open?
And when are we going to start this MUTIDESIGNER PROJECT?

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Zohair12345 @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 21:08)
Alright ,So when will the polls be open?
And when are we going to start this MUTIDESIGNER PROJECT?

Have patience, my friend. If we want this to be the best project ever, we must discuss about EVERY SINGLE DETAIL! Well maybe not lol

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Better idea: Unicorn Lovers! tounge.gif

guib
  • guib

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 20:24)

If you can find a Unicorn skin both male and female for GTA San Andreas, then we can talk lol.gif

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (guib @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 22:51)
QUOTE (Secronom President @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 20:24)

If you can find a Unicorn skin both male and female for GTA San Andreas, then we can talk lol.gif

Or you can create one. I tried to search for skins. No luck. tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users